Smart Points The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph

How did you make the pizza wrap they sound like the thing I would enjoy? My weekend will be spent much as every weekend (which I love love) hanging out with my 8year old friends ( hopefully with the odd parent thrown in) Amber does inline skating on a Saturday and I help out , it's great fun then on Sunday we are going swimming in the afternoon home for a roast dinner ( drooling at the thought already) then we usually have a movie in our Jim jams before bed, I love the weekends and spending so much time with Amber, long may she want to spend time with her oldies :0) your weekend sound lovely just chillin enjoy x

They are just made with 2 tesco wraps (7pp) with some tomato paste spread on them then chopped tomatoes, basil and mozarella cheese (i use the aldi lighter ball of it and slice it for 5pp for full ball) then stick them in oven for a few minutes they are so nice

Hi girls,

Weekend started out great had a lovely night in my parents house friday night, but had to leave early as Jamie woke up and wouldnt settle for hubby so ran home (we only live next door) and eventually settled him but didnt bother going up again said to hubby he could go up early (i usually stay till 11.30/11.45 then let hubby go up till 1/2). Jamie had an unsettled night anyway think he is teething :( Was a nice day Saturday headed into town to get the groceries. Had major plans for cooking up a storm of loads of meals for myself (propoint friendly) and Jamie (toddler friendly). Got carrot and courgette muffins and flapjacks for jamie. The muffins tasted suprisingly nice must point them the next time i do them cant be too much as lot of veg in them. The flapjacks were yum and they worked out at 4pp per square (bout 2 inch by 2 inch) so had a couple of them with a cup of tea. Then for me i made a beef stew working out at 4pp a serving so wil have that with some potatoes during the week. Then shipped the baby off to bed and cooked a lovely steak dinner for myself and hubby and opened a bottle of wine for our date night and watched a film. Lovely quiet night in.

Went to inlaws for lunch on Sunday was lovely but so hard to point properly so just guestimated. But while i was there i lifted Jamie up at one stage and felt my back go. Wasnt too bad at the time but got gradually worse over the day. So by evening i could hardly move walking around like an old woman. Was fine sitting down but got more stiff the more i sat down so getting up straight too quite an effort. so of course i confort ate had a few more of jamies flapjacks (with chocolate spread over them as if they werent bad enough) so know i went over my points for the day. Having a child that cant walk is no fun when your back is sore. he cant understand why i couldnt lift him and play with him so was pretty cranky most of the day so that on top of everything i picked all day. And i could stand long enough to make any more meals for myself for the freezer :(

Back still sore today but i came to work as not point sitting at home and its better for my diet in here anyway. so hopefully today i can do a bit of damage limitation and still be ok for tomorrow. This tuesday weight in is no fun :(

Think i might finish up at weight watcher classes in a few weeks as really cant afford the €10 a week especially coming up to xmas. I have paid up for another six weeks so will go till then and after that weight myself probably on a friday at lunch time in local chemist each week as would be more realibly than my home scales.

You had an eventful weekend nothing worse than sore back hope it comes round again soon. I know what you mean about work and diet far easier to do diet while at work. I paid up until 2nd week in January with ww if only I had the willpower to do it on my own it would be so much cheaper :)

Did you go with those free weeks last couple of weeks? so handy could only afford to get one set. I was thinking about the wilpower alright be myself doin it at home that is why i am going to go to weigh myself in chemist rather than at home and will keep updates here so hopefully that will keep me on track and if it doesnt i can go back to my meetings after a week or two

I bought it myself the first week the offer was on then mum gave me the money last weeks to get another 7 she said that my Xmas present ha it the only way to guarantee ill stick it cos normally come end of November I b a no show at class them come on the door in jan wit load of weight on

Id love to have the willpower to do it alone.
Hows your back now?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Dianne, I'd very interested in the Muffin PP? If you work it out? I'm the Mistress of the Muffins lately! X

Back still pretty sore but will just have to get on with it hopefully it will sort itself out in a few days, no walks for me in this lovely weather :(

Serena i have worked out the muffins il list the ingredients below and the propoints i have given them so correct me if i am wrong with anything.

40g Courgette, 40g carrot, 2 tsp baking powder (0pp)
2 eggs (i used medium) (4pp)
4 tbsp milk (using skimmed) (1pp)
2 tbsp raisins (4pp)
2 tbsp sunflower oil (2pp)
150g flour (15pp)
30g light brown sugar (4pp)

That makes 10 muffins at 30pp so 3pp each now they are on the small side as they were for toddler but can spread it over fewer muffins and up the points.

Last edited:
Hopefully pain will ease off soon love the sound of them muffins will have to give them a try I not much of a baker laziness gets in the way

Thanks Charlene, the muffins are very easy
Just grate the courgette and carrot. Break egg into bowl mix it with fork then add courgette, carrot, raisins, milk and oil.
In the other bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder. Pour the wet mix into the dry mix and give it a good stir. spoon the mixture into small muffin cases in a muffin tray.

Place the tray in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC fan/220ºC/Gas 7 for 12–15 minutes.

Just back from WI and guess what i lost 2lb so happy with that as wasnt sure with picking over weekend delighted. hopefully i will get the same next week

Its was 'first cape light'. Its from new Zealand. They do regular Strength aswel so make sure its light. They do rose, pinot grigio, sauv blanc :D Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app
I'll keep a look out for this in the supermarket although we don't have the same big supermarkets you do :0( no Tesco's, no Asda, no aldi ect but I'll keep and eye out for it :0)

Yay. Well done on losing 2lbs.

Well done on your loss thats fab
Do you have drain the juice outa the courgette?

Just wondering. ...didn't wana make them and they turn out soggy. Sounds like an easy recipe to follow

Back