The difference?

susann

First time I've found this product, and looking briefly thru' this forum, it seems so many of you doing really well.

Lighter Life etc, the evidence seems to be less convincing.....

Is it better?

What's goin' on?

susann

Hi Susann,
I found that there isn't really that much difference in the diets weight loss wise. But I prefer S&S as it's much cheaper and I really love the meals and shakes (and I don't have to sit through a boring 'inspirational' dvd every meeting :D )

I havnt done any other vlcd so cant compare

ive heard the losses are similar but I think the key to the popularity of this diet is the variety and choice

lots of flavours in the shakes and bars and the meals help alot of people stay on track

Personally I think the success of a diet is whether or not its something you can do long term , and people do seem to be able to stick to this more easily as it offers flexibility to swap things around when it gets boring

The losses are very similar to the likes of lighter life etc, it all comes down to the nutritional value of the mealpacks on the different plans. There are slight variations but all have the same underlying goal, rapid weight loss and ketosis. I enjoy s&s because of the variation, I don't think I could just stick to fluids for this long.

This diet gives excellent results whilst allowing the dieter some normality, the products are great and I really like that I can have something solid to eat x

I do both lighter life and slim and save! They have different packs so some people may prefer one over the other. They work in the same way, put you into ketosis and then give you all of the nutrition you need in your packs. Slim and save is much cheaper and many of the packs (but not quite all!) are nicer. However, lighter life includes group councelling. Every week you meet with your councellor and group and they use real therapy tequniques, such as transactional analysis and cognitive behaviour therapy. It can really get to the route of your eating habits, why you do what you do and could therefore help in maintenance. The quality of the consellor varies though and therapy isn't for everyone. With Slim and Save you have to be very self motivated as you don't weigh in in front of anyone else - although of course you would have the support of everyone on this forum - and that support is awesome! So, the weight loss is the same, it's down to money and your attitude to therapy.

Back