The dreaded 'monthly' is my new friend!!

I thought id read or someone said that when your on your period you retain water and end up staying the same or putting on - I just got on my scales (naughty me, I know) and ive lost 3lbs since thursday :D am hoping the scales are right because i'll get my half a stone award on thursday at weigh in YAY!!!

Whats happened with other people in their 'star week'?

Normally the week before I don't get a true weight loss if you like, I can put anything from 1-5lbs on!

Comes off the week after (* week) though!

x x

Normally the week before I don't get a true weight loss if you like, I can put anything from 1-5lbs on!

Comes off the week after (* week) though!

x x

Funny you say that because at WI thursday just gone I STS even though id not cheated once but as I said I wanted to see what the scales said and its now saying ive lost 3lb already. Maybe a pattern will show up over time?

im currently having my star week and i lost 3lbs this week so i feel very lucky in the fact that it doesnt affect me.
and mummy to two monkeys im sure your scales arent lying thats an amazing weight loss.

I too am on * week this week and combining it with a red week so hoping for a good loss as i'm going to be off plan for most of next week!

im currently having my star week and i lost 3lbs this week so i feel very lucky in the fact that it doesnt affect me.
and mummy to two monkeys im sure your scales arent lying thats an amazing weight loss.

Well done hunny :) im hoping they arnt lying, been waiting to get my first sticker lol

Sorry if this is tmi but before I was on the pill my periods were really heavy and I used to lose about 4lb every star week. Now I suffer more with bloating and usually have a sts or a half off.

Ive had even more of a shock today, just got on the scales and its now saying 4lb off for this week :D

Im on the pill at the moment which have calmed my periods down thank god! Maybe the week before im due on I retain water or something?! Will see if theres a pattern next month :)

usually put on 5lb the week before.... then lose 8lb next week (been like this since I started) and it all goes on up-top xx

i lost 6lb at last weigh in (in 1 week) then got my * the day after....so i don't know really when im bloated etc....i lost 1/2lb 4 weeks ago....so maybe i was bloated

hmm- i'll know by next tuesday, lol

I don't have a proper TOTM because of the contraception I use, but still have a STS every four weeks! I think the hormones are still doing their thing in some respects!

Back