Attack The Dukan Diet... Second time round!

Hi All,

Starting the Dukan Diet today. It's my second time on the diet, the first time went really but 7 days into the diet I got some really bad news about a close friend passing and the last thing I could be bothered with was a diet!!

But, things are back to normal now and I am cracking the diet whip once again. Half way through my first day on attack and I miss bread already........:cry:

OOh - I have started today too!
Well done you for having another go.... I have insisted my DH also boards the Dukan boat, as he is very overweight, and I think that it should suit him well...
looking forward to hearing about your losses!
x

Thanks - I am amazed that I don't feel hungry at all!!!
Had a tired point yesterday and headache today, but nothing horrendous. Did CD previously, and that was much harder at the start! (maybe I have worse to come?...)
Yesterday I made my 1st galette - with vanilla Fat free yog, cinnamon and a smidgen of sweetner. Yum - those things are fab. Had one for breakfast today, eaten in the car on the way to work - love it - portable too!!
hope this carries on like this as I cannot bear being hungry.
thanks for your support everyone.
x

Second day in and all is going well!! It's a good diet and you can eat as much as you like as long as you stay on track. I do miss bread already though... Hmm...

Do you cook your galettes with quark or fromage frais? At the moment I mix my oat bran just with an egg which is good just tastes like a fried egg but fancying something a bit different.

Do you cook your galettes with quark or fromage frais? At the moment I mix my oat bran just with an egg which is good just tastes like a fried egg but fancying something a bit different.

I cook mine with a tablespoon of greek yogurt or fromais frais, a tsp of splenda and a scraping of nutmeg... tastes like pancake! (well - I suppose it is pancake)

I sometimes use a tablespoon of quark in mine, or else Fromage Frais. I think it improves the flavour, but with quark you need a bit more liquid, either milk or water. Sometimes flavour with mixed spice and sweetener. I never eat them on their own, if savoury have with meat or fish, if sweet I have them with flavoured yog. Seems more substantial.

I used a savory one as the crust on a steak and kidney pie during the last cold snap - yummy!

My galletes are a bit scrambled but they taste nice. flavouring them with lemon zest and splenda.....hittin the spot!

Can I ask- are we only allowed that 1 galette a day on attack? I love them and they really fill me up!!

You must stick to 1.5 tbsp oatbran per day in attack, 2 once in cruise. If you can stretch that out to 2 galettes then go for it. I tend to eat half of mine (made with full allowance) for breakfast, then the other half for an afternoon snack.

My galletes are a bit scrambled but they taste nice. flavouring them with lemon zest and splenda.....hittin the spot!

You probably just need to leave them a little longer in the pan to let them set before you try to flip them over. I usually turn the heat down, and wait until the top is almost set, then start gently poking the sides to see if it will move as one piece without breaking.

A really good nonstick pan with a nice thick base helps as well - I bought an small one from TKMAXX for only £6 which is perfect.

Back