The end of the line, or the beginning of a new life?

you deserve more than a sts this week after all the torture
I am sure you will be rewarded :)

Very pleased after thinking it would be a STS or a tiny loss. I've lost 5 pounds this week :D

Week 3 so can have bars (only going to get a couple in any week as far too easy to want more than I can have once I taste the chocolate!) and I've had one as 'breakfast' today - feels very naughty having chocolate for breakfast - but hey, I can because I'm allowed :D

Still a way to go before I feel I am 'properly' on a downward journey. I was 21 st 9 last October and want to get to that and then I'll feel i'm properly getting somewhere.

You have around the same weight as me to lose. You are doing so so well on this diet well done!! I am on day 4 of my re start and finding it really hard but i wll get there, i have not broke the diet so feeling really happy with myself. Its took me 4months to even get past day 1.

My OH has also bought me a pandora bracelet and i now have 3 pandora charms on it from when i did CD in Jan. I have put nearly 2 stone back on so i hope to earn more pandora charms this time :D Its a great idea to keep on track hehe!

Your doing so so well i hope i can lose 14lb in the first week tho i am hoping for a 9lb loss.

<3 xxx

I kind of felt the top I was wearing fitted better today. I definitely think it did.

Whizzed in from work, had 5minutes on computer, whizzing out to evening teaching job, teaching cookery to adults. It's going to be very hot in there tonight.

The irony of it all - teaching adults to cook and not eating any of it myself! Also chucked on a bolognaise to cook when I got in for OH when he gets here. I just didn't even think about wanting any of it, it's almost as if cooking is starting to become more of a mechanical 'process' rather than something I have always loved doing which in a way is a good thing because it stops me 'missing' it.

My bracelet arrived today, all bare and shiny. Seems pretty ok for a cheap Hong Kong Pandora copy, I don't have the funds for a real one unfortunately but I don't see why it can't symbolise the same thing at a fraction of the price. The first charm I want has 11 days left on it on ebay and I wanted to hit 2 stone before the auction ends. Not sure I'll do that as it means losing 9 pounds in 11 days. I only have 1 WI before it ends. I'm sure it will be immediately re-listed (the seller has loads of them all the same) and even an extra week or so will be a great achievement to hit the 2 stone mark.

oh good luck
how often are you going to award yourself a bead
I think it is a lovely idea and you are so right it symbolises the same thing :):) and that is what counts

I'm planning to buy a bead for each stone. I have 11 more stone to lose :eek: so that would be 11 beads. I think I will buy some spacers for this half stone, and so will be able to add spacers between the beads for each half stone inbetween buying a bead.

Well, that's the plan anyway.....sounds a bit ambitious but I should be in a position to be able to reward myself at the weekend with the spacers as I'm only 2 pounds away from a 1.5 stone loss.

Put on my new (empty) bracelet today and have been playing with it whizzing it round my wrist, it's a nice reminder of the start I've made.

Felt a bit hungry today - just before lunch and feel hungry now. Although I guess it is over 7 hours since I had a shake at lunch so I'm entitled to feel a bit peckish!

Can't wait until I can wear at least 1 item of clothing out of all the hordes of pieces I have in my wardrobe of various sizes...I'm sick of wearing the same 3 or 4 outfits for work and the handful of slightly tatty looking tunics and cropped trousers I wear in the evenings and at weekends. I know which top and which skirt I have my eye on fitting me first. I've never worn either because they didn't fit when I bought them about a year ago from ebay but I reckon they are both around another 10lb away before they fit nicely rather than being too tight.

two more weeks then for them to be fitting :):)
it really wont be long will it - I am sure they will fit you sooner than you think - and it will be a wonderful feeling - I too am fitting into clothes I bought and never wore

I kind of keep thinking - nothing will ever fit me, but I guess they eventually should do!!

A couple of comments this week have really bugged me. I've told no-one at work about doing CD and am by far the largest person in the office (and where I work generally).This week, I said 'I'm off to lunch' and the person who sits behind me said 'don't eat too much'.Then I was given a luminous vest as I'm now a fire warden. It did belong to a tall, quite big chap but Ihaven't dared try it on yet in case it goes nowhere near me. The same person in the office is also to become a fire warden. She said 'I've ordered petite and then held up one the same size as the one Ihave and said that it would fit 4 times around her'. Now if she were a size 8, then fair enough. But she is probably a 16-18 all over and not very tall. Then a new person started in the office and we have a tin of biscuits. My manager said she could help herself 'as we're all pigs in this office'. (but she herself is no more than a 12 and runs 5-8k most days so is hardly a 'pig'!)

I ignored each comment and whilst none were about me personally I kind of felt a bit narked - and I really don't know why. It wasn't because I can't have any of the food in the office (I can , but I choose not to) it was just the way each comment was said. I want to now say 'I'm not a pig, I'm losing weight' but I really don't want to draw any attention to myself!!!

Maybe I just now have heightened sensitivity to any weight related comments.

Last edited:
oh, and I must tell you about another dream!!!

The dream started with me on a hospital bed just about to succumb to anaesthetic because I'd decided to have a gastric band fitted!! :eek: Then, as I was getting sleepy, the consultant told my Mum I had a 90% chance of surviving the procedure and I instantly fought the feeling and started shouting for an antedote to stop the anaesthetic as I didn't want to die having the operation! :eek:

Then it was the next day and I'd decided to have it after all, but I couldn't find anyone who could give me the right kind of anaesthetic and nothing made me sleepy!!

I then woke up.......weird........ :silly:

a very weird dream - perhaps at some point you have briefly thought that a band might be a way forward for you

as for the workplace - say nothing - let them notice the weight going without you saying a word - as for that vest can you take it to the loo next time you go and try it on in there in private and hopefully it will be too big and you can sit and alter it during your lunch break

those items of clothing really will fit you soon I was a big 18 at Christmas - if I am honest I was really a size 20 this week I am sat here in a size primark 14 - so it is very doable for you too

dont let others put you off - you are not doing for them and at the end of the day what they think doesnt matter - you are going to be so healthy - far more so than your petite (but likely over weight) colleague

I'm hoping to sneak the vest home without anyone commenting on why. Bit hard as it is bright yellow and sits over the back of my chair in full view, but when I was given it I was told - you might want to wash it as it has been worn before. I wasn't going to bother (only used in fire drills etc) but might say tomorrow I'm going to wash it as it's been sat behind someone elses desk for months at a time and is probably a bit dusty.

good idea and it would be so great to get a needle and cotton out at work to alter it :):) how good will that make you feel :)

currently sipping golden vegetable 'soup'. That stuff has been the difference between me going mad with having nothing from 12pm to around 9pm and staying on track.

Forgot to bring the vest home. Ah well, plenty of time to do that next week.

Popped to the supermarket for some salad to go with OH's dinner. I had to whizz my bracelet round a few times to keep me focused at the till when all the chocolate was in front of me, but I was fine.

Avoided Mars Celebrations at a meeting today. They were at the other end of the table and nobody had any until the break so I just went to the loo and got more water so I couldn't see people munching them.

Had a naughty sneaky peak on the scales and I am really hoping it stays anywhere near what it said today!!

Well done for resisting choc's, I have been very week this week so i probably would of caved in.

I have little comments said around the office re fat people and like you they aren't said directly to me but it does hurt.

Good luck x x

well done for resisting the chocs in work and the choc at the supermarket too - you are doing so well on staying focussed
good luck with the scales staying the same or even lower - what day is weigh in (sorry I cant remember)
H xx

I'm a Sunday morning weigh in.....it's weird to think I'm nearly at my 3rd WI and there's a chance I will have lost over 20 pounds already. Part of me doesn't quite 'get' that yet as by this stage I would have lost 6 or 7 pounds on Slimming World. I think it's because I'm not yet seeing any visual difference that my brain is having an issue with realising I've lost the same amount in nearly 3 weeks that it would probably take me 9 or 10 weeks to do with SW.

Back