The end of the line, or the beginning of a new life?

hello lovely people.

Bit of a mixed day or so.

I'm about 80% over the cold. The headache finally stopped yesterday lunchtime after 5 or 6 days. I'm left today with a bit of a frog in the throat, bit sniffy and a bit of a cough. Fingers crossed the cough just tails off over the weekend.

I did 'leaving' cakes for everyone at work yesterday with it being my job change on Monday. I did a big summer pudding, made some smarties cookies and some date slices. I didn't have any of them :D
As I'm not actually 'leaving', just going to a different part of the building, I wasn't expecting anything, but my manager didn't even get me a card and normally cards go round the building for the smallest of events :( Oh well, she is a real control freak and hates the fact I'm moving up (I'll be more senior than her ;) ) and I'm just happy to be changing jobs.

Unfortunately yesterday I had the sudden and VERY extreme onset of constipation. Absolutely agonising, I was wimpering like an animal every time I went to the loo :( Luckily it only lasted about 6 hours and I feel fine now. Interesting about the codeine though minusfour - I've had quite a bit over the last few days in the painkillers I've had for my cold.

I'm really glad I didn't eat anything else now. I know I would have just had a 'woe is me' pig out on something or other. I feel much more energetic today - almost back on top form in fact :D

so glad your cold is not too far from gone. i'm having a woe for me time. very stressful. mum being admitted to hospital. she was so ill she'd given up. toe might have to be amputated due to gangrene etc. things are much improved today but still needing vino and chill to calm me.

I'm glad you are feeling better. I bet the constipation was down to the codiene. I had a friend who actually went to the Emergency Dept at the local hospital, not realising that the severe pains she had were constipation after a week of codiene for another problem. I laughed at your supervisor- the world is full of them- lovely to be superior to her now. Will Monday involve any nerves?

great things - I hope things improve for you. Just take it all a day at a time.

minusfour- no, I won't be nervous :D It's an odd situation really. I worked mornings in one job and then afternoons in another job in the same building. I'm leaving my morning job and the replacement one is the other 'half' of what I already do in the afternoon. I will now see a whole area of work from the start to finish rather than from half way through to the finish. I will have the same manager as my current afternoon one (the one who punched the air when I told him I was nearly at 4stone of :D) and I'll be sat in the same place etc in the building. I'll be wayyyyyyyy out of earshot of my stress filled morning manager ;)

I'm having a bit of a Saturday 'the scales are stuck' moment, and I know I've had a few. The scales are just 1 pound down on last week with WI tomorrow. With the erm...........'conclusion' of the constipation, I should be a heck of a lot more down than that! Oh well, what will be etc.....

To put a positive thought to it all - the top I took on holiday to Mallorca in May before I started CD in a size 30? Bought and sent back and 26 and a 24......I had a 22 delivered yesterday and it fits :D
I was going to decide that with 4 weeks to go I won't get into a 20 but I've remembered that there is a 4 week returns window on the item so in a few days I'm going to order a 20. If it's miles too small just before holiday I can send it back, if it fits, I can send the 22 back ;)

Being surrounded by nicer people and a nicer manager should make your days a whole lot brighter. I'm sure your weigh in will be fine and you'll have a good loss. It would be such a boost to get into the 18's after your crappy week.

Now I remember not so long ago a certain person laughed when I said 'Buy a size 20 tunic for your holiday' :p and I'm not normally one to say I told you so but :whistle:. It's fantastic and you must look totally different now. Are you like me and look at smaller clothes thinking 'There is now way I'll fit into that' and stand there gobsmacked when it fits?

Good luck for tomorrow and great to see you back on form.

fantastic news. a nice calm work time and loads smaller sized clothing. :D

hiya girlies,

im a newbie and im not actually starting the cambridge diet until a week on monday however i've been nosing at peoples food diarys and thread and i came across this one.

I've just spend well over an hour going through 20 pages of conversation and i have to say i am well motivated, more so by reading the posts by white tulip. you are such an insparation to other people and your courage and determination shines through, you should be soooo proud of yourself and so should your hubby. he needs a hard boot up the bum :)

i need to lose around 3 1/2 stone but never tried the cambridge before, its always been scottish slimmers but i keep yoyoing on it so ive booked an appointment with the cambridge lady so fingers crossed i can have a record loss too :)

Now I remember not so long ago a certain person laughed when I said 'Buy a size 20 tunic for your holiday' :p and I'm not normally one to say I told you so but :whistle:.
Go for it, I don't mind :D;)

Awaken Me said:
Are you like me and look at smaller clothes thinking 'There is now way I'll fit into that' and stand there gobsmacked when it fits?
yes, very much so. I had a size 20 grandad style shirt delivered the other day and whilst it's a bit tight, it's not far off!! I made myself as small as possible when putting the 22 holiday top over my head as I thought I would get it stuck over my head and then kept thinking, it's over my head....and my chest....it will get stuck at my hips....nope, it's over my hips as well :eek:

cazzabella - thankyou :eek: I still keep thinking that something bit will happen in my life to stop me in my tracks and I'm trying to stop the negativity that has always underlined weight loss in the past (ie I MUST lose x pounds this week, which just isn't always possible, and then get down, then eat, then feel guilty etc etc)

Well, I lost 5 pounds this week :eek::D

Total of 70 pounds or exactly 5 stone in 13 weeks. I'm now 18 stone 10 pounds. I still, in a way don't 'see' it though in myself, weird.

I bought my next bead for my bracelet. I bought a celtic knot design for the year I spent working in Dublin. Events at the end of my time there were lifechanging and I have a very fond place in my heart for the country and the path events then led me to.

I have been thinking though - I still need to lose another 6 or 7 stone, so another 12-14 beads......I'm running out of ideas for beads which represent me!!

OH was in good form last night. I got him to agree to an hour in the pub (we haven't been out together for years, literally other than holiday) and I was good and had 2 pints of lime and soda :D I wanted mineral water but they didn't have any!!!

Whilst there, he 'told' me I had to lose another 2 stone before holiday, which is in 4 weeks. I said I was looking to lose 1 stone in that time and got the scornful 'what a loser' look. I then said I was looking forward to eating on holiday (I'd bought him a bag of nuts at the bar which triggered the comment). I've decided to try to be careful. I'll eat whatever I choose for breakfast (it's an apartment so will be me buying from the supermarket), then we don't normally have lunch so I might take some CD bars with me and then a light dinner such as a chicken salad or something similar in the evening. I don't drink alcohol during the day so it will be water until the evening and it's usually 'we're only going out for a couple' from him, so I won't be having more than 1 or 2 and I'll probably stick to vodka with diet coke or rose wine. I know I will put something on because I've only been on 400-odd calories over the last 13 weeks but it will fall off easily when I go back on CD on my return.

His reply was 'you aren't eating on holiday'. I smiled sweetly and said yes I was, but he was adamant I wasn't. Apparently I will put on loads of weight on holiday and then put even more on when I'm back. I said not - I have it all planned. I then got a whinging tirade of 'oh, you have to have everything planned, don't you, down to the enth degree'.

'Yep' I grinned. That's why I know I won't put loads on when I get back !!

I was also told that I 'have' to get to a size 10. I said I didn't want to be that slim and with my shape/height, a 10 would be very unlikely anyway. I was then told 'ok, a 12'. So I politely informed him that I am choosing what weight I want to be and the dress size I want to be. I said that as I am hour glass shaped (I have a very defined waist in comparison to my chest/hips) that would be why I didn't want to be a size 10 as it wouldn't be my 'shape'.

Hour glass? He said......you're not hour glass shaped........you're orange shaped........he said and then drew the outline of an orange on the table with his fingers.......

I just looked at him ...........:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Great loss and I'm so pleased you made it into the 18's :D. I know what you mean about 'seeing' it because I struggle to as well except in photographs and even then I can't quite get my head around the fact that I'm this smaller person.

I'm actually :eek: about your OH and honestly don't know what to say about his snidey comments - he is so bloomin rude. I will say though I think you're handling it all/him brilliantly. Enjoy your holiday you're right the weight will fall off when you're back in the land of CD.

Well done white tulip, thats another fab weight loss. Sorry for being nosey but are you going anywhere nice on your holz? I cant believe your hubby lol, i cant decide if he's being mean or if he's just a normal bloke. Just wait until you've lost all your weight chick then kick him to the kerb lol. only joking, who am i to comment eh?! lol.xx

Go for it, I don't mind :D;)

OH was in good form last night. I got him to agree to an hour in the pub (we haven't been out together for years, literally other than holiday) and I was good and had 2 pints of lime and soda :D I wanted mineral water but they didn't have any!!!

Whilst there, he 'told' me I had to lose another 2 stone before holiday, which is in 4 weeks. I said I was looking to lose 1 stone in that time and got the scornful 'what a loser' look. I then said I was looking forward to eating on holiday (I'd bought him a bag of nuts at the bar which triggered the comment). I've decided to try to be careful. I'll eat whatever I choose for breakfast (it's an apartment so will be me buying from the supermarket), then we don't normally have lunch so I might take some CD bars with me and then a light dinner such as a chicken salad or something similar in the evening. I don't drink alcohol during the day so it will be water until the evening and it's usually 'we're only going out for a couple' from him, so I won't be having more than 1 or 2 and I'll probably stick to vodka with diet coke or rose wine. I know I will put something on because I've only been on 400-odd calories over the last 13 weeks but it will fall off easily when I go back on CD on my return.

His reply was 'you aren't eating on holiday'. I smiled sweetly and said yes I was, but he was adamant I wasn't. Apparently I will put on loads of weight on holiday and then put even more on when I'm back. I said not - I have it all planned. I then got a whinging tirade of 'oh, you have to have everything planned, don't you, down to the enth degree'.

'Yep' I grinned. That's why I know I won't put loads on when I get back !!

I was also told that I 'have' to get to a size 10. I said I didn't want to be that slim and with my shape/height, a 10 would be very unlikely anyway. I was then told 'ok, a 12'. So I politely informed him that I am choosing what weight I want to be and the dress size I want to be. I said that as I am hour glass shaped (I have a very defined waist in comparison to my chest/hips) that would be why I didn't want to be a size 10 as it wouldn't be my 'shape'.

Hour glass? He said......you're not hour glass shaped........you're orange shaped........he said and then drew the outline of an orange on the table with his fingers.......

I just looked at him ...........:rolleyes:

i've had a glass of wine, so forgive me for saying but 'he's a tit' springs to mind. it's your body, your life, your choice. you go girl!

White Tulip - congrats on your amazing weightloss. I think you have amazing willpower for not hitting your hubby over the head for those comments! LOL. Seriously though, I love reading stories like these as it gives me hope for my weightloss journey.
Thank you. Have a great day.:)

Mmm, OH must be feeling more than a bit threatened to be coming out with such- did he mention what would happen if you didn't lose the two stone before the holiday, or if you did eat on the holiday? Did you tell him how much he had to lose before the holiday? Your reaction- sweet and calm- must have driven him nuts. He is being emotionally abusive, nothing less. Watch out for yourself my darling, please do take care, you really are worth it, and don't deserve some creep treating you like this. Does he normally behave himself when you are on holidays?

Hey there, White Tulip

I wanted to just nip in and say that I read your diary from the very start the other weekend and it really inspired me to get off my backside and get myself sorted out.

I was only googling to find out the differences between Lighterlife, CD and Slimfast and I ended up here. Best thing I ever did.

Just over a week later I've seen my consultant, started CD and am sitting here on the eve of my first weigh in. I just hope that I can do as well as you.

Congrats on all of your successful weight losses and a huge well done for staying strong and keeping motivated :clap:

All the best,

Toria xxx

Hello all xxx

Toria - good luck with CD, really go for it, it really is worth it.

I'm going to Portugal to a small beach resort called Quarteira. Staying in an apartment that's right at the end of the main part of the beach with just sand dunes to the side. Here's a link :D We stayed there the same time last year. Lovely and quiet and just a few small bars locally unless you walk further down the promenade towards Villamoura.

Apartment

Normally before holiday, OH will say 'you are going to lose weight' about 2 months beforehand. I do partly wonder if he is voicing his own 'needs' and then placing the responsibility of it being an 'issue' on me rather than listening to what he is telling me and solving his own problems.

I received my 5 stone bead in the post today :D It's nice - quite a weighty one and the bracelet is filling up nicely. I think I'll have 2 or 3 weeks before I lose another half stone so I have time to think about what to get next. Perhaps some shoes - I love shoes :D

I have had a few little struggles in my head over the last day or so with food. I can hear the 'you've done so well. Test yourself with a little something nice' and I am having to hit them hard - and repeatedly. I can honestly say I've never got to 5 stone off, whatever my start weight. I've had a serious go at losing weight twice and both times got to around 4 stone. I would then plateau, treat myself, sabotage, slip and quickly give up. Although I've been on a diet longer, I've not lost this much and I think I'm entering a period of sabotage-type thoughts. I need to keep focused so they don't grow any louder.

Hey white tulip, the view from the apartment looks gorgeous :) i think the most i've lost is around 1 stone :( then i start to feel a bit more comfortable and people say "oh you look well" then i go and treat myself and come off the diet (previously scottish slimmers) and i put it all back on again. cant wait to start the CD on monday all i've done this week is munch. not sure how im going to cope with not having any crisps..i can do without chocolate and biscuits etc but i think i'll struggle without crisps lol

Back