The Exercise Challenge for August

As I have said in other threads only Santa is meant to be fat.. have you done your bust hips waist arm and thigh measurements USAGirl? :confused:

Hey emski you know what,I havent. I really should do that maybe just maybe there are some inches coming off. I will try to measure all those parts and then in 2 weeks maybe sse if there is a difference. Is there a chart somewhere to shoe us how to measure ourselves correctly.

The Santa only one meant to be fat comment is to funny Lol first laugh I had all day.

How are we all doing as we head towards the end of August? I have managed to achieve a 5k run in 29.25 which is the fastest I have ever run the distance - this was doing the interval programme on the treadmill. Now off on holiday to Devon for two weeks where we will be cycling practicaly every day and i shall need to keep up the running because a week after we get back I am booked into an official 5k run around Dorney Lake - would love to achieve a best ever time on that one, nearer to 29 than to 30 mins if possible.

Good luck - and it would be great if somone can get a September Fitness Thread going for my return............

Have a lovely holiday in Devon adn let us know how you do with the 5K. I did no running exercise last week, but went for my first outside run today, 2 miles (25mins).
USA girl, hope you have done your measurements. Whilst I was gyming 3/4 times per week, the scales did not move very often but measurements did - please don't give up.
Nxx

Hey lindam great job on the 5k run time, you are doing a great job. I didnt work out for a week,but I am back on track now. I went swimming today and I was so tired afterwards. have a great vacating.:p

Good job Eddie on your 2k run thanks for the encouragement because I did give up,but I am back and motivated and was glad for the encouragement.:)

I am back on track with my martial arts. I have an extra private lesson booked for next Friday and the day after I have 2 gradings, Kickboxing in the morning which is an hour and a half to 2 hours and karate in the afternoon which is 2 - 2.5 hours. Last time I had my grading I put weight ON that week!

Hey taz that is great, I knew you would be back in full force soon.;) I bet your body is getting so toned

Eddie- thanks again for the advice, I did my measurements yesterday, and I had a freash start yesterday also. So now when the scales dont move I will make sure I check the inches. Emski had also mentioned about taking my measurements so I guess it really helps.

I wish it was USAGirl but I still have so much fat on me that I can't see any toning yet! My main goal is to be fit enough for my black belt grading but that's not for a couple of years yet!

Hey Taz- Stay strong when you lose that weight it will be only muscle you see:character00116: I am pretty sure you will be fit as a fiddle for your black belt grading ;)

I did a 4 mile walk yesterday and a 4 mile walk today, I must get back to doing my weights so I can be tone also :cool:

Back