The exercise diary of a 44 year old mum

bluenose1

Dear all,
have been following Dukan Diet for a couple of weeks (with one spectacular binge)
Anyway have decided to count calories instead (1500 a day)and eat more nuts and a bit of fruit as I am exercising a lot more. I have recently joined a gym I can visit in my lunch hour and have enjoyed doing the classes.

The JM is the Jilian Michaels 30 day shred DVD. Would thoroughly recommend as cos it only lasts 20 mins I just think blow it and get it done, sometimes twice.

05/06/2011

SUNDAY
30 mins cardio

06/06/2011

MONDAY
30 mins cardio

07/06/2011

TUESDAY
JM 40 mins

08/06/2011

WEDNESDAY
JM 40 mins

09/06/2011

THURSDAY
thai bo 50 mins

10/06/2011

FRIDAY
NOTHING

11/06/2011

SATURDAY
JM 20 mins, 20 mins zumba

12/06/2011

SUNDAY
JM 40 mins

13/06/2011

MONDAY
Zumba 50 mins , 3 mile walk/run

14/06/2011

TUESDAY
JM 20 L3, 3 mile walk/run

15/06/2011

WEDNESDAY
30 cardio, 20 weights 50 LBT

16/06/2011

THURSDAY
50mins LBT, 2 mile run, 1mile walk

17/06/2011

FRIDAY
50 mins circuit

Will let you know if I am losing weight when I weigh in on Monday !!!! Though my clothes do feel looser and I am sleeping better already

Size Matters

With your current diet and workout, don't be disappointed if you haven't lost any weight, you will probably be losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle is small and dense, whereas fat is large and fluffy. So a pound of fat will take up more space than a pound of muscle. You might weigh more with muscle initially but will be smaller. The more muscle you put on the more calories you will burn when resting. So keep it up!

I'm going back to my weight training regime tomorrow morning. Charlean Extreme love it.

With your current diet and workout, don't be disappointed if you haven't lost any weight, you will probably be losing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle is small and dense, whereas fat is large and fluffy. So a pound of fat will take up more space than a pound of muscle. You might weigh more with muscle initially but will be smaller. The more muscle you put on the more calories you will burn when resting. So keep it up!

I'm going back to my weight training regime tomorrow morning. Charlean Extreme love it.

You are right re weight, I am trying not too get too hung up by scales (easier said than done I know.) Although not lost that much weight feel so much better in myself. My fat feels looser on my body, not sure if that makes sense.

Never heard of Charlean Extreme before, just googled it and it looks very good.

I am proud of myself for getting to Level 3 of Thirty Day Shred, would be interested to know the difference. Charlean Extreme looks tough, though I love doing weights.

45 minutes weights
20 minutes x trainer, 15 minutes run, 5 mins rope pulling!!!!

Do feel like my body shape is changing, still a long way to go. Going to continue to watch Biggst Loser as I do find it inspirational.

Eating approx 1500 calories a day, though no bread, pasta. rice etc.

Monday (today)
Level 1 of 30 day Shred. Couldn't face doing Level 3, though did the advanced version of level 1 and even through in some weights for the cardio

50 mins Zumba. Love it.

Tuesday 10 minutes weights, 50 mins Latin Cardio.

Felt a bit light headed today, it is my time of month so that may have something to do with it.

Friday 50 mins circuit training.
Am off to the Lake District tomorrow so worried as I normally eat loads while we are away.:eek: Why don't I have any will power.

Oh well will be back Sunday night and back in the gym Monday

Saturday no exercise

Sunday 2.5 mile run, 20 mins weights, 1
mile walk

Monday Zumba 50 mins

Tuesday JM 40 mins level 2 and Level 1

Wednesday 50 mins circuit,

Thursday 40 mins thai bo, 1 mile run

The bad news is for the last few days I have been rubbish on my diet - chocolate blow out, the good news is I have still managed to exercise. Going to try my best to eat 1200 calories during the week.

FRIDAY 8th July 50 mins circuit

SATURDAY 9th July JM 40 mins level 2 and Level 1

SUNDAY 10th July 2.5 mile run, 20 mins weights

bluenose1 said:
The bad news is for the last few days I have been rubbish on my diet - chocolate blow out, the good news is I have still managed to exercise. Going to try my best to eat 1200 calories during the week.

FRIDAY 8th July 50 mins circuit

SATURDAY 9th July JM 40 mins level 2 and Level 1

SUNDAY 10th July 2.5 mile run, 20 mins weights

1200 calories a week isn't much! Lol.

1200 cals a week is almost as good as the 12000 cals a day I said mfp had given me :D

Zumba is the best exercise... How can something that makes you work so hard be so much fun???

Back