The Exercise Thread - today I....

*AnnaMaria*

Silver Member
We all know that diet and exercise go hand in hand, so to motivate myself, and to keep track, I thought I would start this thread. Even if you haven't done any formal sessions of sport, stretching, lifting or gym, you could note if you have made the decision to take all stairs two at a time, or similar.

I played Badminton last night, so today is rest day.

Nobody exercises?

Does the Wii fit count?
I havent been on it for a few days, but im going to get up now (well, after ive had me coffee like) and shake my stuff for what its worth...

Sadly, exercise is a RUDE word in my house. OH and myself drive everywhere. TUT TUT I know......

Wii fit, here I come!!!!!!!

Woofy X

Of course the WiFit counts! Running up the stairs when you normally walk counts!!

As soon as the blasted frozen snow goes, I am going to increase the time I spend walking the dog. I currently do about 1hr 45mins a day and want to increase it by 15 mins each week until I get to 2.5 hours a day.

WOW. Ive a British Bulldog, Bobbi. She wouldnt be able to walk that far, love her. This breed dont go that far ( I wonder why I brought he)...cause shes lubbly of course lol..

Woofy and Bobbi X

Oh I do split this over 2 walks currently and going to go to 3 as the days draw out. So only out for 45 min at a time. Spaniels will walk / play forever! Not sure if that's unfortunate or fortunate? I guess it's fortunate whilst I am shedding the flab!

My walks are very much stop and start due to every1 petting her... Dont really see many British bulldogs here and she loves the fuss, dont we all..... 20mins is her max, 10 mins there, 10 mins back lol.. Shes fit, only 16 months but they dont walk much, just plod lol

Woofy x

well im a runner (of sorts :0)
did 10k and a salsa class weds , sitting here pondering whether i should get my arse on the treadmill for a short sharp 5k and although i couldnt be arsed (blame it on the hormones ):break_diet:this tread has made me feel i should so off i go upstairs to change and do a swifty
thanks for that :rolleyes:

Oh u put me to shame......Can u run with my tummy, love? Or allow it to bounce along behind you.... 2m`s another day!! (Im gonna run out of 2m`s at this rate)

Woofy X

I been a good girl today.

11mins x trainer (wasnt paying attention when it got to 10)
10mins stepper
8 mins bike (had to go as hubby was picking me up and I ran out of time)
30mins weights

I try and do this 3 times a week or so, always with a rest day in between. Im very conscious of not losing muscle mass as my weight goes down.

When I was on WW (eating shed loads of carbs) I could do a lot more cardio. I have found with low carb I really struggle with it, my heart rate goes very high(have a chest strap monitor) and I get tired much quicker. I presume this is because I dont have the required carb levels for enduring long cardio stints anymore. Fine with me as long as the weight keeps coming off.

I also try and go for a walk round the estate when the weather is decent, was going most days in summer, but its more like once a week now. Its just over 2 miles a go.

thankyou for this thread, motivated me to get off my arse and ive just had my best time for 3 miles . 29minutes 4 secs , so chuffed !!!!
so did 40 minutes all in all , and im so exited ive just got the email from great run that ive made it in the ballot for the great north run again this year , im soooooo exited , hoping my 3rd half marathon will be my best :D

Well done for running and getting into the great north run.

I would love to start running, I did have a go about a stone ago but really hated the way the treadmill shook and my legs wobbled when i did it lol.
I think maybe in another stones time I might get a book and start slowly, see if I can manage to do a bit every now and then. xx

Aside from running around after the kids all day, the only conscious choices are I always take stairs where poss (although I discovered my limit is 6 flights, I could barely breathe after!), I try and park in town as far away from Uni as poss so I have to walk a bit to get there, and I have a yogalates video I do once/twice a week but I don't see that as exercise it just chills me out as the oman has such a soft voice LOL

Oh and Wii boxing, I haven't managed to get a wii fit yet :(

Well done for running and getting into the great north run.

I would love to start running, I did have a go about a stone ago but really hated the way the treadmill shook and my legs wobbled when i did it lol.
I think maybe in another stones time I might get a book and start slowly, see if I can manage to do a bit every now and then. xx
hey , i couldnt run at all , and i do mean at all !!!!!
i was massively overweight and a heavy smoker to boot.
when i stopped smoking i got even bigger , so did get my beautifull angel inbetween and her being born very prem pushed me to train for the great north run so i could raise a pile of cash for the prem baby charity bliss, so lost the weight and then the hard part started :0)
i saw something that said start with run/ walking building up from 1 minute walk run , so i did ,ill never forget the utter PAIN of running that 1st minute :eek:
but i kept on and withing 10 days of building up from 1 min to 2 to 3 ect i could run for 28 min continuously, so it may not have been fast but i ventured outside and that was a whole new ball game , it was like starting again but by now i knew i could actually do it so i just kept at it and by the oct i was (very quietly )confident i could do it even if i had to walk , but i completed in in 2hr.33min.28secs and then rapidly burst into tears as i crossed the finish line, couldnt believe i did it all by my self , BEST FEELING EVER !!!running has been my best friend , therapy and me time since and i love it !!!!
every time i put on my running shoes i get a sense of pride so huge that noone can ever take it away .
GOD HOW SAD AM I !!!:8855:

Sukie, that was a wonderful read :)) Well done you!

Sukie, that was a wonderful read :)) Well done you!
thankyou , its good to relive these moments some time, we all forget how far we have come and what we are really capable of , you know ive been thinking all morning and im there whining about only loosing a pound (thanks woofie for putting that into perspective)but when i look back over the last 2 and a half years , im a completely different person and that is such a good thing , i was impressed by one of the sayings in the lighter life book 'if you dont keep going forward , what are you going back to ???'
i printed it off and it still hangs on my fridge over 2 years later with a horrible 'fat' picture , not as a deterent so much , just as a reminder that no matter what we must keep going forward because looking back its not somewhere i ever plan on going again , so i need to shut up about this gain ive had , there was a reason , accept it happened and keep going forward because its really just a blip in my journey into a bright glorious future where we all get stronger and more accepting of ourselves every day x:grouphugg:and heres a big group hug for all of you that have made me refocus and see clearly again this past couple of weeks mwaaaa xxxx:D

:hug99: Its so good to share "our inner stuff" and to know some1 is listening....... We have a lovely group. We rock!!!!:thankyou:

Woofy X

Sukie,

That was very good to read, an inspiration. I will have a go in a couple of months I think.. wont be able to use my weight as an excuse so much then.
You mentioned your little one was prem, my son was 27+6, 2lb 0.5oz. He's my little miracle and is now a cheeky little toddler... who is sat on my lap chewing my sky remote..:rolleyes:
These big life things we all have certainley do put diets in perspective sometimes. xx

I was going to go swimming, but instead I am going to wallow in some self pity for the period pain, and the extremely **** day I had yesterday.

Back