The Fat Beauty Diary - Start Weight 24st 1lbs // Goal Weight 15st ( 1 Stone Down )

Hey there! Firstly, WAHOO!!!! That loss is amazing, you are doing so so well.

Well done with the soup and the scotch eggs, I love doing those scotch eggs, they're fiddly little ******* but if you make up a few, you can have a few days worth of lunches - they are much bigger than shop bought ones and very filling too - you could do like a ploughmans salad with it - scotch egg, lump of low fat cheese (you get quote a bit for 45g) an apple chopped up, some salady bits, pickled onions and a dollop of Branston! Only 1 syn per tbsp! Ooh I am drooling at the thought of that!

What sausages did you use? I don't know that the Linda McCartney ones would work because they are sold frozen, they may not stick very well around the egg. I use sainsburys be good to yourself sausages that are half syn per sausage, I have a feeling that they may now be 1 syn, but in my view they are the nicest low fat sausages around.

I make a lovely egg fried rice hun - have you tried it before? If not and you fancy giving it a go let me know and I will talk you through mine, it tastes just like proper egg fried rice from the Chinese.

So as a fashion blogger do you get loads of freebies? You jammy sod!!! Oh before I forget that piccy of you with Liz Mclarnan - I have that cherry cosi that's in the background! I love it, sadly that's as racy as I get on holiday!!!

I love New Look Inspire but I am gutted that they are slowly and quietly getting rid of that range in shops! It's going to be purely online soon - none of my nearest NLs do the range anymore which saddens me because I like to shop like a normal person rather than having to use 'plus sized' online places. I like a mooch around a shop and I hate ordering stuff because on a model something will look completely different to the reality when the clothes get to you...then there is sending it back coz it doesn't fit - arrrgghhh. In a shop you have changing rooms etc. anyway I will stop moaning now, it just annoys me and made me feel like they were embarrassed that us bigger ladies might be ruining the image of the shop.

There is a Simply Be store in London? What? Where is it please? I wonder if i can get there during my lunch hour!!!

I love the way you think - you are right fat is fat and that is that! I do wear looser clothes because I hide myself wobbly bits but honestly I know hat this make me look bigger than I actually am. I can't help trying to hide my shame. I am 38 years old you would think that by now I could think fxck it and just wear what I want - but I guess it's ingrained in me.

I do love myself, I love myself on the inside, I am a happy person and I like to think I am kind and I am lucky that my life has more or less been drama free - to be honest, my exterior means less to me, a lot less - see this is where you and I are different. You love fashion, and make up and nail varnish and stuff that makes a woman feel like a woman, sexy and stuff - but I am not really so much into it. I wished I was more, but I wear dowdy crappy clothes to work and sensible comfortable shoes because who cares about what I look like - sometimes I will go through a mini makeover stage and put in a bit of effort and I feel great about myself, I feel sexy - I wore a few dresses over the summer and I got so many positive comments - some people didn't even know that I had legs! I should put in more of an effort with my shell, my exterior - maybe then I will start to love myself both inside and out...hmmm...

Thanks hun and well done again for that massive loss xxxxxx

Hey hun, just catching up!! Well done on the loss, you're doing brilliantly! I'm super proud of you :)
Lola xx

Hi hun - you could try putting a link to your diary in your signature, and then people could click on it and follow, lots of people dont realise others actually have diaries, and there are others who post that dont have one. Im sure your far from boring x

Ah brill thanks good idea! Just got to figure out how now lol xx

Those scotch eggs look amazing!!!! X x

Well done on the loss and award :)

They seriously taste like mini bites of heaven. They remind me of Mcdonalds egg mcmuffins which is great for craving days when I'm feeling poop. Need to get me some lower syn sausages and I'll be laughing!

Wow brilliant loss well done chick! Xx

Thanks gorgeous :D <3

Excellent loss! Well jealous! I didn't lose any this week boo :( you said about followers spuring me on and the answer is no not really only the lovely blondcat no one else really comments on my diary it makes me a bit sad but maybe I am just boring lol xx

Thanks waffles :D Don't be jealous, Lets have a great week this week and lose together for next week :D And as texty said, Pop your link in your signature. I took the liberty of copying your diary link for you which is here - http://www.minimins.com/weight-loss-diary/345548-6st-12lb-lose-healthy-bmi.html

All you need to do is go to your profile, which you can do by going here - http://www.minimins.com/profile.php?do=editsignature and add the link in :)

Well done honey :) x

Thanks so much hun :D

Well done Lucie brilliant loss hun - doesnt matter how you did it girl credit where credit is due. I know youve had a rubbish week ((hugs)) and well done on your awards xx

Thanks so much lovely. You're right, a loss is a loss and if anything I should feel extra happy because I lost despite having a rubbish week. *hugs back* Thanks for the support hunny :) xxx

Hi Lucie, just catching up. many congrats on your loss. 4lbs is fantastic you must be chuffed. Your scotch eggs look yummy too :) xx

Thanks so much hun! I am very chuffed :D The scotch eggs were the BEES KNEES if I do say so myself :p

Hey there! Firstly, WAHOO!!!! That loss is amazing, you are doing so so well.

Well done with the soup and the scotch eggs, I love doing those scotch eggs, they're fiddly little ******* but if you make up a few, you can have a few days worth of lunches - they are much bigger than shop bought ones and very filling too - you could do like a ploughmans salad with it - scotch egg, lump of low fat cheese (you get quote a bit for 45g) an apple chopped up, some salady bits, pickled onions and a dollop of Branston! Only 1 syn per tbsp! Ooh I am drooling at the thought of that!

What sausages did you use? I don't know that the Linda McCartney ones would work because they are sold frozen, they may not stick very well around the egg. I use sainsburys be good to yourself sausages that are half syn per sausage, I have a feeling that they may now be 1 syn, but in my view they are the nicest low fat sausages around.

I make a lovely egg fried rice hun - have you tried it before? If not and you fancy giving it a go let me know and I will talk you through mine, it tastes just like proper egg fried rice from the Chinese.

So as a fashion blogger do you get loads of freebies? You jammy sod!!! Oh before I forget that piccy of you with Liz Mclarnan - I have that cherry cosi that's in the background! I love it, sadly that's as racy as I get on holiday!!!

I love New Look Inspire but I am gutted that they are slowly and quietly getting rid of that range in shops! It's going to be purely online soon - none of my nearest NLs do the range anymore which saddens me because I like to shop like a normal person rather than having to use 'plus sized' online places. I like a mooch around a shop and I hate ordering stuff because on a model something will look completely different to the reality when the clothes get to you...then there is sending it back coz it doesn't fit - arrrgghhh. In a shop you have changing rooms etc. anyway I will stop moaning now, it just annoys me and made me feel like they were embarrassed that us bigger ladies might be ruining the image of the shop.

There is a Simply Be store in London? What? Where is it please? I wonder if i can get there during my lunch hour!!!

I love the way you think - you are right fat is fat and that is that! I do wear looser clothes because I hide myself wobbly bits but honestly I know hat this make me look bigger than I actually am. I can't help trying to hide my shame. I am 38 years old you would think that by now I could think fxck it and just wear what I want - but I guess it's ingrained in me.

I do love myself, I love myself on the inside, I am a happy person and I like to think I am kind and I am lucky that my life has more or less been drama free - to be honest, my exterior means less to me, a lot less - see this is where you and I are different. You love fashion, and make up and nail varnish and stuff that makes a woman feel like a woman, sexy and stuff - but I am not really so much into it. I wished I was more, but I wear dowdy crappy clothes to work and sensible comfortable shoes because who cares about what I look like - sometimes I will go through a mini makeover stage and put in a bit of effort and I feel great about myself, I feel sexy - I wore a few dresses over the summer and I got so many positive comments - some people didn't even know that I had legs! I should put in more of an effort with my shell, my exterior - maybe then I will start to love myself both inside and out...hmmm...

Thanks hun and well done again for that massive loss xxxxxx

Hey Lovely, Love these mammoth messages. They actually excite me :x I used the WW sausages which were 55 calories a sausage so just under 3 syns each! Using the sainsburys be good to yourself are 0.5 syn and this linda womans ones are apparently free, not bothered if they are frozed, just defrost it all first and mash it together inside some clingfilm so it doesn't stick to my fingers, mix in some mixed herbs, even some onion or something and voila. I brought mine to have with my crackerbread and dairlee and ham as a bit of a pick and mix today :D

Liz's range is EPIC :D I got to meet her when I reviewed the launch of the bits and I got sent some of them and I just love them! The swim dresses are AMAZEBALLS! Yes, I do get to keep the stuff. Without going into it too much, with blogging they have whats called sponsored posts and this could be for reviewing an item or say an event is coming or an offer and they want us to blog about it etc, They often have an allowance and are able to pay bloggers per post etc. I'm quite lucky to get to do a few paid posts every now and then and I get sent bits to review and of course you take pictures and write a post about everything someone might want to know about it in the hopes it helps either aid a purchase or helps someone work out its not for them :) I spent all day at my dads gf's house after I got done cooking having her take pictures of me in dresses that I had been sent lol.. Its like a second job but I love it so much :D

ERM you can get into London? We need to meet up and go for a coffee and go into the oxford street branch. I went in their the other weekend and I **** you not its bloomin LUSH. I was in their with some of my blogging friends and we were in there 3 hours haha got some bubbly and everything :p

I love newlook and I actually LOVE shopping online on their site. It took me several orders to get my size in stuff, but I just get it sent into store and I'll try it on and refund what I dont want and reorder what I did want if I needed it in a bigger size.

I don't think you need to be into girly **** to feel sexy. Different things make someone feel good. For me, If I have a good hair day, If I'm wearing matching sexy underwear, If I have a tan or a glow to my skin, If I'm wearing an outfit that looks flattering, If I get a compliment. All these things help me and I like feeling good so I do them more so I can feel good more haha Just a case of finding what gets you feeling good and getting you doing it more :)

Perfect example... I hate my rolls. I hate wearing skintight clothes, Tight fitting tops, dresses, bodycons, You name it I hate it. Or at least I thought I did. Since I've been doing my blog and since I've been losing weight my figure is changing, It might not be huge changes but little ones and I'll show you 2 of the pictures I took yesterday in dresses..

IMG_5731.jpg IMG_5736.jpg

Now looking at them both, If I asked you which one was more flattering I think we would all say the navy dress and I'm covering everything, you cant seen any lumps and bumps, no bingo wings and no rolls. But in the sequin dress you can see it all. You can see my roll and my tummy etc. A year ago I'd of hated that picture in the sequin dress. I'd of got upset and thought I looked hideous but I can look at it and smile, I think I look fabulous in both despite having it all hang out and thats something I had to learn to love and I think you can learn to love you on the outside too :)

Congrats on the loss!!! x

Thanks so much hun!

Hey hun, just catching up!! Well done on the loss, you're doing brilliantly! I'm super proud of you :)
Lola xx

Thanks Lola! Hope you are well hun xxxxx

Last edited:
MORNING :D

Feeling good today, Finish work at 2.30 and popping into Kingston with my mum for a mooch around and then I have an event with John Lewis this evening, Really looking forward to that!

B - Had 2 of my scotch eggs from yesterday (8syns) and sipping on my diet pepsi
L - Portion of my Minestrone soup
D - unsure what I'll be munchin later due to being at the event, I'm sure there will be a glass of bubbly and nibbles!

Feeling good and ready to have another 100% day! :D

Wow wat an awesome loss!!! You keep on going girl!! I love both outfits on you hun but i do actually prefer the first one, all glitzy and sparkling and you do look smoking hot in it girl!!! You are doing awesome hun xxx

Thanks for the link hun :D your are so fab!!
You have to stop talking about clothes though haha, it is making me desperate for some new clothes :D

MORNING :D

its 7am, totally wired! Day off today. Had such a fabulous evening last night at the John Lewis event. The amount of skincare swag I obtained is unreal. We got spoilt ROTTEN! Suffice to say santa came early in the shape of a large clarins bag full to the brim of goodies for my skin. Can't wait to post all the pictures and do a post on the evening! Despite still having a double chin, I've noticed I like more of the pictures I take and that get taken of me. Obviously I have alot of weight to lose so It's going to take a while before you can see it lot in my face but In all the photos I didn't think like " ugh wont post that one " I'd of been happy posting them all ya know? Is that what its like for skinny people? Or maybe this is what its like when you love your body and don't see a double chin /fat as ugly. Either way, Its a revelation and it was enough to make me stop and think and want to share :)

We went out for dinner last night in the hungryhorse - Suffice to say by the time I got home It felt like I'd eaten like one. BUT promised myself I could have what I wanted and would tell myself off if I felt guilty for having 1 night off as I think If I'm going to have a splurge, I don't want to weigh myself the next morning and make myself feel guilty. I still want to be in charge of my diet / new eating lifestyle so this is a more mentally healthier way to do it for me. I had this chicken with cheese and BBQ sauce ( totally left the peas and grilled tomato to one side MY BAD :p ) along with a handful of chips and I had desert which was a chocolate brownie with marshmellows and a mini scoop of ice cream and you guys.. I left half of it. I was full. Now you don't know me that well guys.. but for me to leave desert???!!!! I felt full so I just stopped. I NEVER feel full! especially when I hadn't eaten that much. It was that bloody minestrone soup I had at 2pm hahaha filled me right up! So yes, another mini victory there despite feeling full the whole way home!

SOOOO this morning I refused to get on the scales as like i said, didn't want to feel guilty for last nights indulge. This morning Its the Macmillan coffee morning and I wanted to help out at my local Crabtree & Evelyn store ( beauty skincare shop ) I had been to an event there before and they were all so lovely, I won their competition and kept in touch and have gone to do a few reviews on their products so wanted to show my support for the store and come down. I invited a few friends so I'm in for a pamper this morning and I'm sure a nice big mug of tea and a cupcake or 2 so right away I'm going to syn them and round up to like 10 haha. Then I'm off home as I have a fashion event to go to this evening so once I come home will have my other batch of soup to fill me up and chill out till this evenings event in London. So still a bit naughty in terms of using syns but today will deffo be 100% to keep me on track to ballance out my lil splurge yesterday evening :)

Hope you all have a lovely day if you've read this :) xx

Morning! Just catching up with your thread last night sounded fun!! Hope you have a good weekend x

Ps love your blog! Found it v inspiring :)

Morning! Just catching up with your thread last night sounded fun!! Hope you have a good weekend x

Ps love your blog! Found it v inspiring :)

Morning :DDD Well, Afternoon actually :D Last night was so much fun! I'm working all day saturday but off Sunday so think I'm seeing some friends and going for a picnic :D

Thanks so much! I'm so glad you are enjoying it! :D xx

Hi Honey

I love a mammoth message too - sorry if I waffle too much!

Wow those WW saussie are pretty high - are they worth 3 syns? I would have them if they were worth it, I tend to use my syns in meals rather than for snacks, although tonight I am planning a little snack attack. Mick is out for the night (yup you guessed it, Star Fish sleeping!!) so I am having a walloping great big home made chowmein followed by popcorn and pom bear!

You are really lucky getting free stuff! What was Liz like? She seems really nice. I can't stand Gemma Collins - I mean, I am sure she is nice enough, its just what she stands for - as a fellow Essex girl, I despise anyone who tries to get famous for doing nothing but selling their souls (by souls I mean pictures) to the devils (by the devils I mean media!)

I am in London 5 days a week hun, I work just outside Liverpool Street! Where do you work? We sure can meet up for coffee one day, I am rarely in London of a weekend (unless Mick and I have something planned, which isn't very often) but I can defo meet up.

Ok, bikini-gate. I found a load of bikinis I have bought over the years but never had the guts to wear them. I laid them all out on the bed and chatted to Mick about it, he thinks I should wear them if I am comfortable in them, he said that I looked nice in them when I tried one on for him. But I think he was just being kind. The thing is when you are wearing an all black one piece in the heat, my stomach burns like its on fire because the sun is being soaked up by the costume, I swear my skin sizzles when I plunge into the water! I took photos, I would PM you them as I am too ashamed to put them up, but I haven't figured out how to attach pictures to Messages - it doesn't give you the option on my phone like it does on regular posts.

I have to say you look lovely in both dress and you look confident and relaxed with yourself. But you are right, you do have to love yourself outside to accept yourself. Why should fashion be limited to your size - just because I feel fat and am fat it doesnt mean I am frumpy to boot. You really have empowered me this week - I mean it. I am going to rock the bikini on holiday.....I just need to find some Factor 50 for my belly! Its going to be like a gremlin seeing the sun for the first time!!!

Last night's bash sounds amazing.

xxx

Well done with your loss and nice to see you happy again. :)
Food looks tempting. I never made Scottish eggs but cant you do free ones , if you use less then 5% mince instead of sausages ? And breadcrumbs as he ?
As I said, never done em myself, maybe I just dont know what Im speaking about :)

Love you pics too. Im not so strong woman that I could wear the sparkling dress but blue one is amazing. I love dresses and dreaming of day when my closet is full of dresses for every day :D

Keep going. Day at the time and smile :)

Well done with your loss and nice to see you happy again. :)
Food looks tempting. I never made Scottish eggs but cant you do free ones , if you use less then 5% mince instead of sausages ? And breadcrumbs as he ?
As I said, never done em myself, maybe I just dont know what Im speaking about :)

Love you pics too. Im not so strong woman that I could wear the sparkling dress but blue one is amazing. I love dresses and dreaming of day when my closet is full of dresses for every day :D

Keep going. Day at the time and smile :)

Thats a great idea, I must admit I'm trying to stay away from bread and pasta this week and give my body a bit of a kickstart with the loss and so far its dropping off so don't think I'd add breadcrums but deffo wanna try the linda sausages which are free and that way I can make them free :D Not too fussed about it tasting like a scotch egg, its great filling picky food :D xxxxxxx

HI ALLLL

So the scales showed me 22st 4lbs today. Lowest weight on SW to record which is pretty great so thats already 3lbs off for next week, Ideally, I'm going to aim to lose another 3 to hit 22st 1lbs and that will be my 2 stone so thats my mini goal this week. Just 3 more lbs!

B - Grapes. Will literally be picking at this all day as I'm working 8.30 - 8 so I got this jumbo box from morrisons thats no doubt going to have me on the loo later but I'd rather be picking at grapes all day then chocolate or crisps.

L - I wanted to stay clear of a sandwhich today and I got a large container from the morrisons salad bar and aside your average salady bits, cucumber, boiled eggs, beetroot, I got some couscous chucked in there with a bit of the hame pasta and pesto pasta and prawn pasta and I do mean just like 1 serving spoon of each. Now as these have their own mayos I'm gonna just chalk it down to about 12 syns. It could be less, Hell it could even be more but I think for the mini portions I have of it I think thats a fair allowance.

Snacks - I did bring a dairlee dunker which is like 78 calories if I wanted something to munch along with 2 bags of snackerjacks but tbh I'm not sure I'll even need them BUT key is to be organised so that instead of going to boots next door and getting a mealdeal or a chocolate bar or a normal pack of crisps, these ones are less.

D - Where I got loads of veg for the minestrone soup I have peppers broc+cauli so I've got the other half to get some chicken out and I'm going to have that with the veg with some soy sauce and garlic with some rice :D

Feeling good, Feeling Organised .. a little tired, 3 events in 2 days is no funny business! Last night was amazing.

IMG_5960.jpg

This is one of the owners of one of the brands last night and they had so many gorgeous items in the show for next season and whats trending. They had this gorgeous oversized dress hanging up in a Medium and I saw it and knew I had to try it on as it was so me, within 5 mins I had everyone telling me how gorgeous I looked in it and the designer said I HAD to take it home and review on my blog as it looked so good on me. Firstly.. I don't think I can ever remember being a medium in anything.. like.. ANYTHING. Granted my tummy is hanging out and it looks like I'm harboring an adult baby in my belly BUT I LOVE how it looks, gut and everything :D = RESULT

Hope you all have a great weekend :D xx

Hi

Just dropping by to subscribe, I've just spend the last wee while reading this whole thread, you are gorgeous and I'm loving your style. Great weight losses so far

Tracy x

Argh I love turquoise and sequins!!! That dress is lush!

Also subscribing to this diary, its amazing and your enthusiasm is infectious. Even when I was 'slim' I was still very curvy and I really hate it and actually prefer myself 'fat' as it hides it to some extent. Everyone says they wish they were curvy but no one makes nice (IMO, obviously) clothes for women that really are curvy - both width but also 3d, so my ass can fit in!!! I live in stretchy tight stuff as its cheap and flexable, wouldn't dream of buying anything in a 'size' or anything fitted like jeans or a dress. Great loss so far!

Back