The fat irishman

Hiekel Essterol

A fat Irishman went to his Doctor. 'I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, skip a day & repeat this for 14 days & you should lose at least 5llbs.

The Irishman returned and shocked the Dr by losing 60lbs!
'That's amazing!' the Dr said, 'Did you follow my instructions?'
The Irishman nodded,' by jaesuz, I taut I wer goin te drop deed on dat 3rd day.
''From de hunger?' asked the Dr?
'No! the bloody skippin'

Hiekel Essterol said:
A fat Irishman went to his Doctor. 'I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, skip a day & repeat this for 14 days & you should lose at least 5llbs.

The Irishman returned and shocked the Dr by losing 60lbs!
The Irishman nodded,' by jaesuz, I taut I wer goin te drop deed on dat 3rd day.
''From de hunger?' asked the Dr?
'No! the bloody skippin'

Ha very good ;)

:8855::8855:

I'm Irish and I take offence at this joke !!!

Actually I'm not Irish and thought the joke was funny but I cringe thinking about the people who may take offence at this joke :rolleyes:

I'm Irish and I take offence at this joke !!!

Actually I'm not Irish and thought the joke was funny but I cringe thinking about the people who may take offence at this joke :rolleyes:

A man went to his Doctor. 'I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, skip a day & repeat this for 14 days & you should lose at least 5llbs.
The man returned and shocked the Dr by losing 60lbs!
The man nodded,' but I thought I was going to drop dead on that third day".
''From hunger?' asked the Dr?
'No! the bloody skipping'

Not any less funny without the Irish references!

I honestly thought Irish jokes went out in the 1970s. I am sorry to see one on this forum and a bit surprised to see that it is still here.

Being Irish I worry that there are some right eejits who take offense at a bit of fun and that paint the rest of us in a poor light. Feck sake, most of us are thicker skinned and understand rip the piss humour.

I REMEMBER telling my own paddy irish man jokes as a kid and that WASN'T in the 70s (late 80s early 90s) and I was raised an Irish Catholic- so much more likely to be the one getting the stick.

Those people offended or worried about offending people, catch yourselves on.

Its difficult isnt it. Personally, I came in and read it and thought "ooh, that'll cause a bit of a sh**storm" and backed away from the thread. But if you take away the irish bit and leave the man bit, then you run the risk of offending half the population and if you take out the man bit then you run the risk of making people scratch their heads and wonder what the hell you are blethering about. Whatever stereotype you slap in the joke, you are going to likely offend someone.

Maybe we should just all stop telling jokes and sit in a sombre silence.

That would work. Be a bit dull though.

Being Irish I worry that there are some right eejits who take offense at a bit of fun and that paint the rest of us in a poor light. Feck sake, most of us are thicker skinned and understand rip the piss humour.

I REMEMBER telling my own paddy irish man jokes as a kid and that WASN'T in the 70s (late 80s early 90s) and I was raised an Irish Catholic- so much more likely to be the one getting the stick.

Those people offended or worried about offending people, catch yourselves on.

I think I like you a lot "!!!! I am so sick of politically correct. What happened to good , honest fun.
I am from a Jewish background, I have been married to my toyboy for 25 years, have been overweight, blond and fit in to lots of "pigeon holes". So am wide open for the brunt of jokes. You know what, I love them.My whole family laughed like drays at Jewish jokes, we told the Englishman, Irishman, Scott and Welshman jokes. No one was ever offended. Just saw the humour. I am from the era of the classical Irish jokes. None of my Irish friends who come and holiday with us are offended,( one is a very famous author and loves Irish jokes) they love the " what does it say on the bottom of Irish milk bottles............open other end. They see the humour.

I am not offended, particularly. Just amazed!
Goodness amazed at what !!!

Its difficult isnt it. Personally, I came in and read it and thought "ooh, that'll cause a bit of a sh**storm" and backed away from the thread. But if you take away the irish bit and leave the man bit, then you run the risk of offending half the population and if you take out the man bit then you run the risk of making people scratch their heads and wonder what the hell you are blethering about. Whatever stereotype you slap in the joke, you are going to likely offend someone.

Maybe we should just all stop telling jokes and sit in a sombre silence.

That would work. Be a bit dull though.

Oh so dull Gill. I read the start of this thread very early this morning and have backed away from it but in the end thought " to hell with it " and have contributed my 2 pennyworth at risk of being slated. I really don't care. It is time to grow up and stop behaving like kids............it was a joke. A plain simple joke that made us laugh and all I can say to Heikel Esterol is thanks for making me smile, you brightened my day, even though I first heard the joke years ago.........keep the jokes coming.

I am now hiding behind my sofa and waiting for the silly, politically correct responses.......sad isn't it.

Time to grow up !!!

I think the funniest thing about this thread is everyone giving poor Regfield pelters for taking offence when s/he never took it in the first place! :deadhorse:

My question to him was amazed about what !!!

:D at Fillymum!

I just think peopel should get off their high horses, if someone gets offended they need thicker damned skin! I just cannot stand the way everyone tiptoes around the notion of making didums cry! I hate people being deliberately personally attacked but a wee joke that the irishman happens to be the butt of is far from that realm.
(sorry it's my own personal bugbear)

How do people cope with fat jokes? :p

Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other, "Your round."
The other one says "So are you, you fat pig!"

How do people cope with fat jokes? :p

Two fat blokes in a pub, one says to the other, "Your round."
The other one says "So are you, you fat pig!"

Lol !!!!!!

No offense taken here !!

Back