The fat is back

Congratulations Paula. And hope you are ok it is bad enough seeing everything on TV but being so near must be far far worse

irene xx
Thanks Irene!
Things are calming down a little now, (except for the almost daily aftershocks) it has been an incredibly emotional time....

Well done Paula.....6lbs is nothing, you'll have that done in no time :D

Hope so....

Indeed! Well done! :clap:

Thanks M'lady

Awww well done lovely girl!!!!! I'm very jealous!! Are you SS;ing still?
Have been trying to ss since February and have managed a total of 1 whole day. I know I shouldn't be ss'ing now though, but it's so much bloody easier. I've been having packs for breakfast and lunch and then having a meal at dinner-time, with all food-groups. Fruit snacks included too.

Wowsers, that's fabulous!!!!!!! I only have to look at a piece of fruit and i put a pound on. I'm in a very scary place weight wise and it's depressing the hell out of me. I would love to do what you do!!! Do you drink alcohol?

Wowsers, that's fabulous!!!!!!! I only have to look at a piece of fruit and i put a pound on. I'm in a very scary place weight wise and it's depressing the hell out of me. I would love to do what you do!!! Do you drink alcohol?

Hiya Karen,

You did it before, much, much more....remember, you were the one that made my hubby's jaw drop!

I used to drink.....a lot.....quite a bit of a binge drinker. I did a lot of damage to myself physically and emotionally with alcohol, was never able to stop and would always be the last one out of the bar.....really wasn't a pretty sight and really quite scary. Many an underground bar has my blood on it's walls!!!!:eek:

When I got married, my drinking often caused fights between me and Xiao Zhou. Well I would pick fights and they were always ugly. He asked me many times to stop, or he would leave me. I cut down quite a lot then, but getting pregnant with Eiriana switched something in my brain. I <obviously> stopped drinking when I was pregnant and pretty much never started back. I can count the times I've been tipsy on one hand....not once have I been so drunk as I used to get 9falling over and throwing up)

So, in answer to your question (LOL sorry, very, very long-winded) I don't really drink anymore. I know that a lot of the weight I put on in the first place was alcohol related, and part of the reason for the sluggish metabolism, constant fatigue and inability to shift the weight was the toxin packed liver.

(I'm looking forward to some cocktails with you in the summer though!;))

Hiya Karen,

You did it before, much, much more....remember, you were the one that made my hubby's jaw drop!

I used to drink.....a lot.....quite a bit of a binge drinker. I did a lot of damage to myself physically and emotionally with alcohol, was never able to stop and would always be the last one out of the bar.....really wasn't a pretty sight and really quite scary. Many an underground bar has my blood on it's walls!!!!:eek:

When I got married, my drinking often caused fights between me and Xiao Zhou. Well I would pick fights and they were always ugly. He asked me many times to stop, or he would leave me. I cut down quite a lot then, but getting pregnant with Eiriana switched something in my brain. I <obviously> stopped drinking when I was pregnant and pretty much never started back. I can count the times I've been tipsy on one hand....not once have I been so drunk as I used to get 9falling over and throwing up)

So, in answer to your question (LOL sorry, very, very long-winded) I don't really drink anymore. I know that a lot of the weight I put on in the first place was alcohol related, and part of the reason for the sluggish metabolism, constant fatigue and inability to shift the weight was the toxin packed liver.

(I'm looking forward to some cocktails with you in the summer though!;))

Typical Blackwood bird then eh? lol lol.

Seriously though it's amazing what you've achieved, you really do look stunning!!!

Can't wait to meet you in the flesh!!!!!!!!

That's a very honest post Paula .... I do admire you and your weight loss very much.

Thank you Bev....:eek:

Typical Blackwood bird then eh? lol lol.

Seriously though it's amazing what you've achieved, you really do look stunning!!!

Can't wait to meet you in the flesh!!!!!!!!

Completley....you know when I go home now the number of people who think I'm a total weirdo, or think there's something wrong with me (many of my family members included) for not wanting to get totally wasted and not finding stories about falling over drunk, picking fights, throwing up and spending the whole of the next day seriously hungover, funny.....I know I'm a complete weirdo!!!;)

I'm getting so lax with updates....really busy though so I do have an excuse!

So my weekend....had a lovely day on Saturday. Sorted out my clothes and rid myself of the cr@p that has been my wardrobe for the past couple of years. Ahhhh, it feels so lovely! A little scary that 'what if I need those clothes.......' but I'm not gonna even go there.....

.....Went to the ballet with Eiriana on Saturday afternoon. Sleeping beauty by the Russian National Children's Ballet troupe.....it was lovely and my little dancer looked at me when it had finished with ballerinas in her eyes saying 'that was soooooo beautiful mammy'....ahhhh

Went for dinner with some friends after that, Malay...had too many Mojita's, then fancied going for a dance, so me and Renata went to the Salsa club.....but two cocktails later I felt sick, missed my hubby and really wanted to come home.....really such a different feeling when you go to a club single and when you go to a club as a married woman. I felt so uncomfortable, afraid to make eye-contact with anyone, just in case they got the wrong idea....probably blowing smoke up my own ass even thinking that someone might even be intersted...but it's scary out there!!!!!:eek::D

Sunday morning, went for brunch with Renata and her hubby then me and Xiao Zhou took Eiriana to the park for the day. We had a fab day, went on the shows, ate ice-cream, bought loads of junk and generally had a really nice family time.

Was shattered yesterday morning though...and could've done without the most horrendous day in the history of my time as school head. Last week, one of the children at our out of town campus came down with Hand Foot and Mouth syndrome. He's fine and just has a mild case, but because of the fatalities the municipal health bureau are really taking the whole thing very seriously. We informed all of the parents and some chose to keep their kids at home to ensure their safety. All was going fine 'til yesterday morning when we were informed by another parent that her son had also contracted the virus. (Again, just a mild case) Everything would have been fine as this mother was one of the parents who chose to keep her son home once she knew about the first case. This meant that her son had not had contact with the school and other children since last Tuesday. However, there had been a few children from the school who had gone on a play-date with the infected child the day before he was confirmed with the virus......and the parents of these children refused to take their children out of the school....so guess what happened? The whole school needs to close for two weeks! Nice ones, eh? Selfish f***ers!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Not only did the selfish f***ers refuse to take their kids out of the school, they also spoke to me like I have never, ever been spoken to in my whole career. Swearing, screaming and finally sending an e-mail thanking me for messing their lives up for the next two weeks.....nice people eh!

Today has gone a lot better.....my head doesn't feel like it's gonna explode....and I have chosen to ignore the crazy ones.

Weight wise, as of Saturday morning, 68.7 so a teeny gain, totm, and huge munchies on Friday evening, so let's see...hope I get back down to at least 67.5 by this weekend.

Going to Guangzhou for the weekend....really looking forward to that, haven't been back since we left almost 6 years ago!

til later

I love reading your updates .... and it seems like a totally different world.

How selfish of those parents .... some things are no different there than here!

When I opened my e-mail box this morning, there was a letter from a parent from our downtown campus. He explained that a child in their apartment building had been confirmed with Hand, Foot and Mouth and that it was possible that his son may have come into contact with the boy over the last week or so, so they had decided to keep their son at home for the incubation period - just in case! WOW....what a bloody difference eh? I gave the Dad a call and thanked him profusely for his responsible, caring and unselfish attitude. I think he thought I was a bit of a loon, he seemed more than a little embarrassed and said 'of course, anyone else would do the same'.....if only he knew!!!!

This little incident did however start my day off well, and all has gone good!!! Hurrah. The 8 months supply of diet I had delivered last week are almost all gone. I'm quite surprised, I was sure that there wouldn't be that many people ordering, but I guess summer is a coming!

Bought some delicious shoes this evening...very fabulous black and white mini-stilettos....I can't go higher than a couple of inches for fewar of breaking my neck, but these are v.high for me! They are to go with my ball dress and I'm really loving them! (Have them on at the mo, just wore them to the bathroom while I waxed my moustache and am sitting here in my undies with my black and white stilletos!!!:eek:) Went to Jimmy Choo's after my horrible day on Monday with all intentions of getting a pir...HOW BL00DY MUCH? 5980 RMB for a pair of sandals....crazy, crazy, crazy! My one's today were the same price as the one's above minus the last zero!:D Original quite a bit more, but they had a sale on! Fabulous!

Looking forward to the weekend.....oh and the summer hols!

I love reading your updates .... and it seems like a totally different world.

How selfish of those parents .... some things are no different there than here!

I learned a lot from them on Monday though, I know where their priorities are....the pair are obviously so desperate for money (he's the Head of Deutsche Bank in China, she's a professor of Law :rolleyes:) that they can't take a couple of days of to spend with their kids 9not to mention that they have a couple of nanny's at home too!

Ah well! Different folks!

Hiya Paula

Glad to see all is going well. My diary has somewhat lapsed - it seems pointless keeping it up "in my current condition". I've joined the mums to be thread instead !

Weight wise I'm doing ok. THe scales told me this am that I've not put ANYTHING on that I had lost - so I've managed to stay static for the last 11 weeks. I'm pretty happy about that. I'll crack on and finish the job after little one is here and that's a 100% definate.

Diet wise, I've just been eating sensibly and healthily... although I've broken that somewhat tonight as I'm sitting here with some Milkybar Moments :caught-in-the-act: Sod it - I don't feel guilty - I havent had sweets or chocolate in AGES and I'm only having a little... it's not an out of control pig-out.

Work wise, we're not too far from finished moving premises. The stores are all moved into the new building. The offices are being erected now and should be finished in 1>2 weeks... I want to be moved and set up before the end of June.

I was interviewing last week and have a 17yo lad starting tomorrow called Adam. Hopefully he'll settle in ok and be bright and keen enough for me to train. Time will tell !

16week midwife appointment tomorrow, 20 week scan next Wednesday !?! Basically - the midwifes are so booked up they couldn't fit me in.. I'm 19weeks gone now and it'll be 5 weeks since the 16 week appointment was booked !

I'm starting to expand. My waist and hip measurements have increased 2" from where they were at end of diet measurement when I found out I was expecting. I feel big and bloated - a feeling I'm sure will only get worse. I've been in maternity jeans for comfort for the last couple of weeks now which are definately more comfortable.

love to all

Sarah-Jane

Aaaahhh, Tuesday already!

I thought it was only Monday, but we had a long weekend, and I know that this week will zip by 'cos I'm so excxited to get meself tarted up for the ball on Saturday.

Had a lovely weekend down in Guangzhou. Was having all sorts of terrible thoughts before we left on Friday...there were reports of crabs climbing trees and toads making a mass exodus....similar to what the tiny animals did before the 5.12 earthquake. I think all of the animals were trying to escape the rain though...oh did it pour. Absolutely boiling hot with monsoon floods and a zillion and one mosquitos all making a bee-line pour-moi!:eek: But apart from the horrendous weather, it was so lovely to see people that I haven't seen in such a long time....to get the attention of being head-hunted back to my old job (nice feeling, but will not be leaving BJ for now!:rolleyes:) and getting lots of attention about my new bod!:eek:

Had a fab night out -just like old times - with Xiao Zhou's old band buddies! I always loved going out with them....my every dream...lots of long haired, funky, asian musicians and artists.....oooo...er...missus!!!:p

Back to work today, OK day considering we have yet another child with Hand, foot and mouth disease:sigh:.....all so far have been really, very mild, thank goodness.

Weight this week:mad:

On Friday morning I was 67.7kgs. This morning I was 70......not too bad considering I drank absolutely no water yesterday and I was in one of the most humid places on earth (had quite a lot of calf swelling today) so hoping to see somewhere a little lower in the morning. I'm not going to change my ticker 'til the weekend!:eek:

Love to you all

Hiya Paula

Glad to see all is going well. My diary has somewhat lapsed - it seems pointless keeping it up "in my current condition". I've joined the mums to be thread instead !

Weight wise I'm doing ok. THe scales told me this am that I've not put ANYTHING on that I had lost - so I've managed to stay static for the last 11 weeks. I'm pretty happy about that. I'll crack on and finish the job after little one is here and that's a 100% definate.

Diet wise, I've just been eating sensibly and healthily... although I've broken that somewhat tonight as I'm sitting here with some Milkybar Moments :caught-in-the-act: Sod it - I don't feel guilty - I havent had sweets or chocolate in AGES and I'm only having a little... it's not an out of control pig-out.

Work wise, we're not too far from finished moving premises. The stores are all moved into the new building. The offices are being erected now and should be finished in 1>2 weeks... I want to be moved and set up before the end of June.

I was interviewing last week and have a 17yo lad starting tomorrow called Adam. Hopefully he'll settle in ok and be bright and keen enough for me to train. Time will tell !

16week midwife appointment tomorrow, 20 week scan next Wednesday !?! Basically - the midwifes are so booked up they couldn't fit me in.. I'm 19weeks gone now and it'll be 5 weeks since the 16 week appointment was booked !

I'm starting to expand. My waist and hip measurements have increased 2" from where they were at end of diet measurement when I found out I was expecting. I feel big and bloated - a feeling I'm sure will only get worse. I've been in maternity jeans for comfort for the last couple of weeks now which are definately more comfortable.

love to all

Sarah-Jane

Hiya Chickeedeedee

I love your pregnancy ticker...it's half way there already....fabulous!!!!

So good to hear that you're doing so well, and good to hear that you're not putting any on and eating healthily....it will all add to your emotional well-being, making you feel fab on the overall.

Not to worry about the chocs...I'm sure that there's a study somewhere proving that mum's to be who eat a small piece of choc everyday are likely to bear much happier babies....you should probably try to stick to the green and blacks though!:)

Good luck with your young laddy, I hope that everything works out for you there.

Love to you S-J.....keep safe!

Hello dearest diary....

.....a pretty good week so far....have decided to stop trying to lose weight and settle at my current weight making sure not to go over 70 kgs or 11stone.

Am really looking forward to the ball on Saturday, went shopping for underwear yesterday .....was hoping to get a basque of some sort, but didn't, got a lovely strapless bra and some fabby magic knickers, plus a whole load of other stuff...knickers (bright yello...fabulous!) bra's anf negligee. Also bought a lovely silk sundress and a long white linen skirt and gorgous inky blu cotton kimono style top.......oh I love being thin in the Jing.....shop, shop, shop, shop, shopping!!!!!:D:D:D

Had a call this afternoon from one of the director's of another school, a friend of one of our director's. She wants me to give a ppt tomorrow afternoon to some big property developer....aaarrggghhhhh:sigh:
Never mind, it should be done within an hour or so....it has to be, I have a manicure and pedicure to get done!!!:cool:

Hope you all are having a lovely week....love to all

Good luck with the ppt (?) tomorrow.

I like the idea of being slim in the jing! China sounds so fabulous.

I hired another one on Wednesday who started Thursday. This time I've got a 50yo junior though ! So far.... so good.... :rollseyes:

You'll be too sexy with all those new knicks. We'll need a padlock and some iron pants :p

Back