The final frontier

JussyMC

Hi everyone...

I have been a silent follower of many of your diaries for the past 6 weeks and have finally plucked up the courage to join the fun.

I too have been on CD since 2 Jan 2013 and started at 12st so really need to lose nearly 3st (to goal of 9st4lb). Your threads have been spurring me on daily and I am very grateful to all of you who have been supporting me without even realising it.

Theresa - not sure if you will read this but when you didn't log in with your WI result last night i was so nervous for you... it has actually made me sign up at long last! Congratulations on your BIG loss this week!! :D

I have been on SS+ for 6 weeks and lost 25lbs so far. Just 3lbs off 2 stone and am really hoping to reach 2 stone mark by Sunday...

Any way I am going to keep posting now every day or two... and get involved with the rest of you who I feel like I know so well already- which is weird as you don't know me at all... I've just been watching like some kind of stalker. Sorry for creepiness!

Good Luck everyone... and wish me luck on my final 13lbs!

So I'm just on my way home from work... WI tonight and I'm nervous because if I get to 10.4 on CDC scales (I was 10st2.9 on my scales this morning but I always weigh a pound or two more in the eve) I get to start SS+ with real food!

Part of me really wants to stop eating nothing but dust packets but the other part of me is thinking- no! I've done so well losing nearly 2stone with the use of dust.... Why ruin that now? Just carry on with the dust and it will only be a few more weeks to lose the final 13lbs. But CDC reckons you shouldn't do SS+ (just 4 packs) once you're in your healthy bmi range...

Anyone else had similar worries about starting to eat real food again? I'm also scared I might taste real food and lose control... It is like crack to me!

Lol.

Hope you have all had strong successful days xx

Good luck for your weigh in tonight :) x

Wow, you've done amazingly well considering you didn't have loads to lose (yes, I know it's all relative ;)). Impressive stuff! :clap: Don't be afraid of moving up the steps. Once you hit a BMI of 25.0 your body no longer has as much fat on which to draw so there's a risk to your lean muscle mass - that's why you need the extra protein on the higher plans. And it's all part of getting you used to eating real food again. It's well worth following the plan to the letter, to get used to how it feels to eat in moderation.

So, how did weigh in go? :)

So I'm just on my way home from work... WI tonight and I'm nervous because if I get to 10.4 on CDC scales (I was 10st2.9 on my scales this morning but I always weigh a pound or two more in the eve) I get to start SS+ with real food!

Part of me really wants to stop eating nothing but dust packets but the other part of me is thinking- no! I've done so well losing nearly 2stone with the use of dust.... Why ruin that now? Just carry on with the dust and it will only be a few more weeks to lose the final 13lbs. But CDC reckons you shouldn't do SS+ (just 4 packs) once you're in your healthy bmi range...

Anyone else had similar worries about starting to eat real food again? I'm also scared I might taste real food and lose control... It is like crack to me!

Lol.

Hope you have all had strong successful days xx

Hi Jussy
Try not to worry too much about reintroducing food - I started on January 7th and have lost just over 24 lbs, but it had really slowed down in the past couple of weeks - until I went op to SS+! then the scales started moving again, and its really nice to be able to eat something other than dust!!! Even using hot water, cold water, ice or mousse powder, it's still not food, and not something we'd like to live off forever! And I've actually found I feel full even after eating just 230 gr of prawns and 55 gr of salad leaves (should apparently be 80 gr I've discovered but Cambridge Denmark seem to disagree!). And there hasn't been any desire to eat anything else off plan, I'm just going up the steps slowly and enjoying the additions along the way... Presumably we will still lose even if a little slower, since 810 and 1000 calories is still not a lot...

Hi Jussy,
If you follow the steps you have nothing to be scared of.
So how your wi go?
xxx

Thanks for your support ladies! I know you are right and I think where I went wrong in the past (like so many others) is getting to a good weight (even if not quite target) and then thinking 'Sod it! I look great and I deserve to enjoy myself after all that hard work' and then not thinking about it again for a few months and undoing everything! Lol. Not this time. I promise you oh mighty CD creators.

Good news at weigh in - I was 10st3.7 on CDC scales in the evening- so I am 'normal' weight again! Woo hoo! Weighed in this morning (OCD about WI every morning) and was 10.2 Yey! So 12lbs left to goal. Gonna carry on with SS+ till Sunday (use up my packs)... An hoping to drop 1-2lbs by Sunday morning. Then going out for 3 year anniversary lunch with OH. Gonna try and show as much restraint as lily did at her recent dining out experience! But not sure i will be able to resist wine... God I sound like Phil Mitchell - lol!

Then it is step 2 from monday... Gonna have to start getting creative with the recipes then girls...

Good luck everyone! Be positive- we can do this!!

Xxx

Just finished week 1, lost 5.3kg. Think that translates to about 11.5lbs so pretty happy with that! Doing Sole Source, had a horrible first week where it just seemed to take ages to kick in and stop making me feel like I might faint/die at any moment. Through that now and feeling good.

Wow!! 11.5lbs is a fabulous weight loss, a big well done you must feel great :) xx

Hi HFFox,
I had a similar lost the first week, 5.1kgs but after that almost nothing, due to cheating!!
As I can see you are from Limassol. I am from Larnaca but living in Nicosia. Is good to see a "neighbour" in here.
xxxxxx

Wow hffox! 11.5lbs in week 1 is just awesome!! I think I lost 7 in week 1 and then in week 2 I lost 4lbs (i had a couple of SS+ food dinners that weekend)... If you really REALLY stick to it you literally drop the pounds- they melt away! honestly - I know I called the 'food' dust... but it is like magic dust!

... I am in week 6 - with not a HUGE amount left to lose and when I stuck to it- NO cheating, just packets I lost 5lbs...which is pretty ace.

I am sorry you struggled this week though... as you are experiencing it does only get better! In the respect that you dont actually feel genuine hunger... maybe a bit hungry and a lot of missing food... but the pain and the faintness... it goes. I am so pleased you had a big loss after such a hard week though... makes it worth it :p

Do you tend to WI every day or just once a week? I know the forum is divided on the matter!

xx

I didn't weigh all week - I'm going to try and keep it for when I meet my counsellor or I'll just become obsessive about it! Thank you for your support, I just wish I'd posted while I was going through the horrible stage - I seriously didn't think I'd be able to stick with it. So glad I did though and now I just need to forget food for a few months. xx

Hi Anastazia - nice to meet you! Are you doing the plan the Cyprus way or UK way? I'm doing it the UK way with nothing other than water and products - I think it's harder if you're allowed a little bit of food even if it is just cucumber and yoghurt, makes you want more. xxx

I'm wavering tonight girls... Feeling so hungry and desperately want a glass or two of wine... OH's sister just announced that she is coming to stay tonight so I feel like I have to put my entertaining hat on... But that is just an excuse... I just really want food and wine tonight!

Waaaah!

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to enjoy myself this weekend and just get back on the wagon 100% on Monday for a few weeks... And currently I'm agreeing with it.

Yikes! Hope you are all being stronger than I am xx

I'm wavering tonight girls... Feeling so hungry and desperately want a glass or two of wine... OH's sister just announced that she is coming to stay tonight so I feel like I have to put my entertaining hat on... But that is just an excuse... I just really want food and wine tonight!

Waaaah!

The devil on my shoulder is telling me to enjoy myself this weekend and just get back on the wagon 100% on Monday for a few weeks... And currently I'm agreeing with it.

Yikes! Hope you are all being stronger than I am xx

Don't do it. If you've already started, stop now! You'll put up to half a stone back on in 2 days. OH's sister is likely to visit again!

Hi everyone...

I have been a silent follower of many of your diaries for the past 6 weeks and have finally plucked up the courage to join the fun.

I too have been on CD since 2 Jan 2013 and started at 12st so really need to lose nearly 3st (to goal of 9st4lb). Your threads have been spurring me on daily and I am very grateful to all of you who have been supporting me without even realising it.

Theresa - not sure if you will read this but when you didn't log in with your WI result last night i was so nervous for you... it has actually made me sign up at long last! Congratulations on your BIG loss this week!! :D

I have been on SS+ for 6 weeks and lost 25lbs so far. Just 3lbs off 2 stone and am really hoping to reach 2 stone mark by Sunday...

Any way I am going to keep posting now every day or two... and get involved with the rest of you who I feel like I know so well already- which is weird as you don't know me at all... I've just been watching like some kind of stalker. Sorry for creepiness!

Good Luck everyone... and wish me luck on my final 13lbs!
Hi Hun, found you I have just posted a reply to you on my diary! Your post really touched me! You have done fantastic and it will be great going up the steps with you as we have a similar amount to lose to get to goal!

Gotta go to bed now as I have an early start and busy weekend but hope to catch up with you on Monday! Good luck keep doing what you are and keep posting! It's addictive! X x x

Hi Anastazia - nice to meet you! Are you doing the plan the Cyprus way or UK way? I'm doing it the UK way with nothing other than water and products - I think it's harder if you're allowed a little bit of food even if it is just cucumber and yoghurt, makes you want more. xxx

Hi again hffox, actually I am doing ss+, so I am allowed a meal. This is what I followed from the 1st week and I lost 11lbs. I am insulin resistant, so it's better for me to eat food and take my pills When I lose 10-15kgs I will be able to stop my medicine and do it sole source. Are you living in Cyprus or in UK?

Sooo I had some news on Friday- we got the inquiry report into my sisters death in October. And it told us where the blame lies so I was very shocked and sad. I turned to my old friend... Mr red wine... And drank nearly two bottles of him.

The booze hit me hard and I have been feeling unwell ever since. To be fair tho my eating wasn't actually that bad! Just homemade lentil soup and a malteaster bunny or two. I was not exactly on plan all weekend but again whenever I ate I naturally found myself eating the protein and veg and just leaving the carbs... Just a tiny taste was more than enough as I was so full anyway. My stomach has definitely shrunk a lot.

Anyway I still don't feel 100% but I'm back on plan today and will be for 3 weeks till my birthday on 7th march.

Until then I will be absolutely CD to the letter (scales showed a whopping 5lb gain this morning- yikes! Hoping to drop those in next few days).

I was so ready to just cook the soup on Friday night and open the wine for the OH's sister. Till my brother in law called with the news and I started shaking and heart pounding and just had to have a glass of wine. Excuses again I know.

No more excuses for a few weeks- I can't have anything worse than that thrown at me can I?!

Hope you've all been doing well and had successful strong weekends! Xx

Back