The final stretch!

Wated Ink

Hey all! :)

I used to be a regular poster here a few years ago. I've lost a lot of weight over the last few years, but I've reached a stage where it's just come to a standstill! Some of it's my fault - I've been way less strict over the last 18 months or so and as a result I've seen almost zero movement on the scale. I think my problem is I've got to a weight where I'm comfortable and no longer feel like a 'big' girl, so I'm confident enough. As a result I've lost some of my motivation to eat well and exercise. My other problem is that whenever I have eaten well and exercised consistently in recent times, I've seen little to no weight loss, lost heart and given up.

But I'm going to give it another good go this time! :) I got a pretty big shock when I jumped on the scale and was up to 12st 4. I never want to see the 12s again and I'm determined not to. I had got down to 11st 9 and was feeling really good. But life has recently got in the way - exams, studying, LOTS more alcohol and just generally losing focus. One of my big problems (no pun intended) is that I have a long-term illness that causes lack of energy and I've suffered from anemia in the past. It can really make putting on those running shoes and giving it your best shot really tough. Not to mention the fact that the iron tablets make me very hungry!

But I'm going to make a commitment to post on here every day if I can, reporting my calorie-intake, my exercise and try to keep focused as much as possible. It might only be a little post, but almost anyone can spare five minutes, so that's what I'll do.

I've already started with a couple of changes:

Got myself a 1 liter water bottle (not drinking enough water is always my downfall.) I've resolved to refill it three times a day and always have a drink before I reach for the fridge.

Bread - I'm going to try my very best to cut to 2 large slices a day. I often consume 4 slices in a day without even noticing (I just love bread and butter!) But for me it's empty calories and I'm always hungry later.

Exercise - it's always been a pretty important part of my weight loss. I need to try and get in a good 50 minutes of quality exercise a day and a bit more on the weekends if possible.

Which leads to one of the most important changes that needs to be made... sleep pattern. It's totally upside down at the minute. Horribly, horribly so.
So I'm going to try and make a concerted effort to take my sleeping aids before 10 'o clock and turn the TV, laptop/phone off and settle down each night with a good old-fashioned book :) Can't guarantee it'll work, as I am something of an insomniac, but if you don't try you don't get, eh? I think this is one of the most important aspects of my WL for me, as if I get up extremely late I tend to write the day off, and end up sacrificing exercise for study, socializing etc. If I'm up earlier I can fit my exercise in during the morning and still fit all my other commitments in during the day.

And finally, a biggie, alcohol. I drink so much more alcohol now than I did two years ago. My ultimate goal is to only drink alcohol when I go out (I can't give up social drinking unfortunately!), but I might start by cutting down to 2 glasses of wine on Saturday and cut-out on the Sunday.

Obviously I have a lot of goals here and might not be able to achieve them all at once. But if I work on them bit by bit I'm hopeful that in six months time I will be at (or very close to) goal. :D

Wish me luck!

First check in! :)

Calories today 1,522.

Diet: B 2 Weetabix with semi-skimmed milk; banana

L: 2 lattes.

D: Wholewheat spaghetti and [FONT=arial, sans-serif]bolognese sauce. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Snacks: 2 Satsumas, three Bernard Matthews' chicken slices with low-fat cottage cheese. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]3 liters of water.

No bread.

60 minutes of cardio (20 minutes inclined walking (fast); 40 minutes running.)

A good day back on the wagon
[/FONT]:)

Good luck hun!

You probably already know this but by switching to low calorie alcohol such as clear spirits with diet mixers (vodka, gin etc) you can still enjoy a drink without feeling guilty!

I can't believe you can only have 2 lattes for lunch and be satisfied, I could never do that so bravo! x

Thanks! When I go out I usually do stick to spirits or cocktails :) So that's not so bad - it's my wine on weekends in that really adds up! Also, I'm not in the habit of having coffee for lunch, although I have now done it two days in a row. Unfortunately it was just a convenience thing/lack of time, usually I endeavor to have three square meals a day.

Today's check in:

Breakfast - 2 poached eggs on toast

L - latte

D - Turkey steaks, vegetables, mash potato, one Yorkshire pudding and low-fat gravy.

Snacks: Chicken slices and low-fat cottage cheese; fruit (satsumas and apple); a few cups of tea.

Water: 2 1/2 liters
Exercise: 55 minutes.
Cals for day: 1645.

Back