The first day of the rest of my (slim) life!!!

sara157

Today is the first day of my diet. Im serious this time!
My current weight is 217lbs.
My goal weight is 140lbs or thereabouts dependant on clothes size and overall shape and appearance.
This means I have 77lbs to lose, 77?? Is it just me or does that seem like an unachievably large amount? I will get there, I have to, for my health mental as much as anything else.
I have a food plan, I am calorie counting while also watching carbs and cutting down fat/salt.
Now to just make a tiny confession - I'm an addict, a diet coke addict, its like liquid gold I genuinely cannot get enough of it, however I need to kick this.
So my daily food plan looks a little like this:-
Breakfast - Bowl of Museli
Lunch - Sushi/Salad
Pm Snack - Fresh Fruit/Veg Sticks
Dinner - M&S Eat Well Ready Meal
This is not a rigid plan from now til goal, this is to control my portion size as 90% of my problem is not being able to recognise that I am full.
Right now I look in the mirror and I am disgusted, how did i let myself get this big? I've always disagreed with 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' and my body is a bleak reminder of this.
I'm not happy in myself, all I can think of is my fat chin and my enormous stomach :( 3 children in 4 years did nothing to help my body image and gave me a much welcome excuse to pig out, and my gosh i did!
I love takeaways and eating out, mainly for the social side, me and my friends have always included lunch/dinner into our plans to see each other and who wants to pay £10 for a salad when you can get a burger and chips, right?! But this has to stop, I have to be confident to say no. No to the last doughnut, no to the childrens leftover nuggets, just no no no!
Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
Well thats misleading, i do not want to be skinny, i do not want to have visible ribs or hip bones. I want to be curvaceous but small, think Kelly Brook.
I want me back, the sexy confident fun girl that I seem to have lost somewhere along the way, maybe she's hiding under a few takeaway boxes :/
I never wanted to be this big, it was never my intention but thats what happens when you eat constantly and dont even think about what damage you are doing.
WOW this is a long essay! I've even bored myself! So this is me, my story xxx

Welcome to the wonderful world of minimins :)

77lb is so a achieveable amount hun When i started in 2011 i had 119lbs when i restarted my journey in january (original target was 133lbs to lose) Yes it may be scary but once you start to break it down into small goals it makes it so much more easier. Just take it a week at a time, you can do this and will do this hun :) Good luck xx

Today is the first day of my diet. Im serious this time!because this is better for me because i want make look like a handsome guye,so we should care for the first day.we have make a diet plan of next days.

Today is the first day of my diet. Im serious this time!
My current weight is 217lbs.
My goal weight is 140lbs or thereabouts dependant on clothes size and overall shape and appearance.
This means I have 77lbs to lose, 77?? Is it just me or does that seem like an unachievably large amount? I will get there, I have to, for my health mental as much as anything else.
I have a food plan, I am calorie counting while also watching carbs and cutting down fat/salt.
Now to just make a tiny confession - I'm an addict, a diet coke addict, its like liquid gold I genuinely cannot get enough of it, however I need to kick this.
So my daily food plan looks a little like this:-
Breakfast - Bowl of Museli
Lunch - Sushi/Salad
Pm Snack - Fresh Fruit/Veg Sticks
Dinner - M&S Eat Well Ready Meal
This is not a rigid plan from now til goal, this is to control my portion size as 90% of my problem is not being able to recognise that I am full.
Right now I look in the mirror and I am disgusted, how did i let myself get this big? I've always disagreed with 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' and my body is a bleak reminder of this.
I'm not happy in myself, all I can think of is my fat chin and my enormous stomach :( 3 children in 4 years did nothing to help my body image and gave me a much welcome excuse to pig out, and my gosh i did!
I love takeaways and eating out, mainly for the social side, me and my friends have always included lunch/dinner into our plans to see each other and who wants to pay £10 for a salad when you can get a burger and chips, right?! But this has to stop, I have to be confident to say no. No to the last doughnut, no to the childrens leftover nuggets, just no no no!
Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
Well thats misleading, i do not want to be skinny, i do not want to have visible ribs or hip bones. I want to be curvaceous but small, think Kelly Brook.
I want me back, the sexy confident fun girl that I seem to have lost somewhere along the way, maybe she's hiding under a few takeaway boxes :/
I never wanted to be this big, it was never my intention but thats what happens when you eat constantly and dont even think about what damage you are doing.
WOW this is a long essay! I've even bored myself! So this is me, my story xxx

I'm just starting this week as well and I have 56lb to lose so we're in a similar boat. I totally agree with you about not wanting to look skinny but to be slim and curvy- that's my aim. I would agree with the above posters that you should try and make smaller goals to make the weight loss feel more manageable, that's what I have done :) Good luck!

I'm just starting this week as well and I have 56lb to lose so we're in a similar boat. I totally agree with you about not wanting to look skinny but to be slim and curvy- that's my aim. I would agree with the above posters that you should try and make smaller goals to make the weight loss feel more manageable, that's what I have done :) Good luck!

Daisy you sound just like me :) I want to break it into more managable pieces but then it also seems like a chunk when you say 8/75 iyswim?

I went out for lunch today and still had a jacket potato so I am quite impressed with myself :) Calamari salad for dinner in a minute too. I will be sexy, curvy, confident, happy! xxx

I try not to look at is as a chunk of a bigger goal, I just think 'I want to get to 180lb' and when I get there I will choose a new goal. In the back of my mind I am aware that I want to ultimately reach 133-140 but if I think about it too much it's very overwhelming.

Well done on your healthy choice!

Hi and welcome! We're roughly the same starting weight and goal weight. I believe in you!

Back