ProPoints The First Step of The Rest of My Life

MrsLearmouth

I am not new to dieting - I have been on a permenant diet for the past 7 years but I am one of those people who is always on a diet but only gets bigger :mad:

This week, the truth finally got up and slapped me in the face...it is not normal to weigh over 17 stone. While I have always known I should weigh less, I have been deluding myself into thinking this is normal as it has become the norm for me. The shocked look on poeples facces if they manage to get it out of me regarding how much I weigh tells me something different and although everyone tells me "you don't look it", reality is I do, and even if I don't, my body knows it - I already have hurting knees etc.

I also have pcos and dh and I have been trying for a baby for 5 years in September. I need IVF but can't until I have a bmi below 30. There is no doubt in my mind that my weight is the main culprate with my inability to get pregnant :sigh:

I have never been that commited to loosing weight, despite wanting too more than anything, I always have an excuse, main one being that I work from 8am - 10pm (2 jobs while saving for IVF). I had convinced myself that it is too difficult as I need to have y lunch and dinner at work but I realise now it's only as difficult as you make it.

So my plan - I will be joining weight watchers for the final time on Sunday as this is the only group I am able to attend due to work. I am going to commit the next 3 years to making myself into the happy bubbly person I used to be and WILL be happy with myself by the time I am 30 (I am 27 in a couple of months). I realise now that no quick win is going to work for me, I need to sort out my unhealthy attitude to food and life. Once I have done this, if we still need IVF then I will be in a much better position to go through it both mentally and physically.

I am determined to do this and suddenly have a new outlook on the whole situation. I even have my end of journey "treat" sorted and am planning a boudouir photoshoot which I will do in time for my 30th birthday!

Good luck on your journey the support on here is great :) stick with this an you will do fab! Your end goal photoshoot sounds great!! X

Good luck on your journey, its great that your already looking towards a healthy future rather than a quick fix. Wish you all the best
x

Ps a friend was in a similar position recently and told to lose weight before she could get IVF. She lost the weight and ended up conceiving naturally and is now 7 motnths pregnant

MrsK87 said:
Ps a friend was in a similar position recently and told to lose weight before she could get IVF. She lost the weight and ended up conceiving naturally and is now 7 motnths pregnant

Thanks mrsk87, that's really great to know, fingers crossed something similar will happen to me as would mean the world to conceive naturally :) xx

Thanks mrsk, hoping something similar will happen to me as would mean the world to me to conceive naturally :)

Ps- think my phone just had a mental attack and just sent this as a private message! X

Good luck :)

Here to follow xx

Ok so havebeen really ill over past week or so and never got around to starting but tonight I dragged myself to class and am starting from tomorrow. I have just sat and planned my breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for tomorrow and actually can't wait to sort my life out!

I had had a bit of a realisation lately of how overweight I actually am. we reccently bought a new car, its very sporty and I LOVE it but...it has sport seats and honestly I am too fat for the seat!! It is not very comfy at all and quite depressing lol. I need to get myself a ricaro bottom lol.

Also, my hubby and I were messing around last night and were in the park (was bout 11pm and we went for a walk, happened to walk past it lol). We went on the seesaw (as you do lol) and I was quite distraught at the fact that when we both sat still, he went in the air and I went right down to the floor, OMG!! Then to add insult to injury, I was too fat for the slide, had to near enough shove myself down it lol.

Anyways, wanted to write this down incase I conveniently forget in the near future!!

I will start posting my food diary from tomorrow :) xx

Hi welcome and good luck on your journey you can do it keep posting on here loads of support lol x

Good luck on your journey...here to follow :) xx

It's always good to write down motivation/reasons! I once had to get off a ride at Alton towers that wouldn't fasten! I honestly could have cried...

U will do this :) hope ur feeling better xx

good luck with your journey hun...look forward to reading more x

Hope ur ok cx

Back