The FlabFighters! - October Challenge

Hey there!
I've decided that today is going to be my 're-start' - and it's the real thing this time. I'm sick of feeling down about myself, and looking at myself and just seeing this worthless blob!

So, I'm still keeping my target at 5lbs for this month, even though we only have two (or is it three) weeks left of the challenge. So here's to hoping I can get my head back in the game and lose the 5lb!

xxxxxx

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose

why_d - 14lbs to lose (gained 2lb, 16lb to lose)
donnajt - 7lbs to lose
hate2sayitoldu - 8lbs to lose - 3lbs gone, 5lbs to go :)
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone, 5.5lbs to go :)
shell_y - 6lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone, 5.5lbs to go :)
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
beegee - 6lbs to lose - 2lbs gone, 4 to go
prettypink - 7lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lbs to lose - 2lbs gone, 4lbs to go :)
dreamaholic - 5lbs to lose - 2lbs gone, 3lbs to go :)
prawnchopSuey - 4lbs to lose
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
rjg123 - 8lbs to lose - 4.5lbs gone, 3.5lbs to go :)
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose
kirstabubble - 5.5lbs to lose
Eddiesmum2002 - 7lbs to lose

Tea&Toast - 7lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone - 6.5lbs to go
AJB - 7lbs to lose

Hey there!
I've decided that today is going to be my 're-start' - and it's the real thing this time. I'm sick of feeling down about myself, and looking at myself and just seeing this worthless blob!

So, I'm still keeping my target at 5lbs for this month, even though we only have two (or is it three) weeks left of the challenge. So here's to hoping I can get my head back in the game and lose the 5lb!

xxxxxx

Go for it, you can do it :)

Anyone got any guessing on the syns for 'buttered/ roasted' veg at a carvery? I had very lean roast beef, boiled potatoes, NO yorkshires, No stuffing and 2 tsp gravy!
Thought the cabbage (which i had a heaped tbsp of) tasted a bit too good and think was probably buttered and the carrots (2tbsp) looked roasted so were probably cooked in oil.
?????????????????????????????????
Any thoughts folks?

Thanks

Rach

Hey hun :) Well done on the choices you made while out, I wish I'd had that sort of courage yesterday! Regarding the syn values... I have no idea! I would say maybe if you called it 6 syns, ish, or just cut your daily syn limit by 2 per day and do an extra couple of runs up and down the stairs each day till WI, it's probably the best way of reversing it! Although, at the same time, I'm sure it won't matter that much as the rest of your food was very sensible :) xxx

Only 10 days late but thought I'd join in anyway :D

AJB - 7lbs to lose

Welcome, welcome! Anything is possible hun :) xxx

Genius idea. I went and did 40 mins on the x trainer and 15 mins on the treadmill. Burned 625 kcals.

Not had a great day today either. Nothing awful, just a few more syns than I wanted. But it's a new week tomorrow.

Good luck for the week ahead everyone!

Kirsty x

:) Glad to have helped! Need to take my own advice and go for a run later, have walked 10km and not eaten very much today but want to reduce the effect of the 40 syn write off day yesterday :(

Hope today has been better for you babe :) Best of luck for the rest of the week xxx

Oh dear oh dear, had a fab weekend but the result is plus 1lb for me this week....
Will be restauranting today and tomorrow and again Saturday - arrrgh. Seems like there's lots of things cropping up at the mo which are making it hard to stick to plan. Will just do my best and keep the meals I can control as free as poss...

Hey you! My C says, every time someone says 'I have a meal out at a restaurant and so will probably have an off plan day', that first of all, a meal off plan shouldn't mean your whole day is off plan, and also, every eating establishment in the WORLD has an SW friendly option, all you have to do is look for it! And, though I don't get along with her very well at all, I totally agree with her, as you can always ask a waiter for your potatoes to be steamed instead of roasted, or for smaller portions if you feel that a controlled plate size of non-SW friendly food is acceptable. Plus you can stick to the diet drinks, skip dessert or ask for fruit, and you can always, always, ALWAYS fake tooth ache ;) That's my speciality, lol!

Best of luck for the rest of the week hun, keeping as many meals as possible as syn free as possible sounds possible but it's possible that you'll get mad and cave in so make sure to treat yourself a bit everyday, even if it's just a 2.5 syn Quality Street! That way, when you're out at the restaurants, you won't over-indulge because you will have had something here and there to keep you happy :)

xxx

Hey there!

xxxxxx

Hello you! Welcome back, got your head in the game? :)

You have three Mondays, including today, before the end of the month, but switch to Sunday and you have THREE WHOLE WEIGH IN DAYS!

You really can do this babe, you've done it before and you can do it again. Read back through your diary and look at some of the posts you wrote down when you were really really really motivated, and the losses you had in the following weeks, and then how happy you were!

xxx

Ooh la laa, one third of the way there! :D xxx

Thanks Ali, you are so right of course! Sometimes it feels like an off plan day even if you make good restaurant choices just because you can't be 100% sure what's in a sauce / dish so feel like you've lost count of the syns! Doing my best though, I have been much too slack recently and I am nowhere near target!! :)

lost 1.5 pounds, hurray!! :bliss:

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose

donnajt - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
dreamaholic - 5lbs to lose - 3.5lbs gone, 1.5lbs to go :)
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose

AJB - 7lbs to lose

Hey you! My C says, every time someone says 'I have a meal out at a restaurant and so will probably have an off plan day', that first of all, a meal off plan shouldn't mean your whole day is off plan.

I agree chic; my old trick was go off plan for one meal and think "ah hell to it, might as well write off the day", which then leads to "I'll miss this weeks weigh in and then be extra good for next week".
You cant ruin a whole week with one meal - one meal out of 21!

I have a charity ball this wwkend (sounds posh but isnt) where Im not in control of the menu; and then 2 weddings in the next month. I know I will need all the syns I can saved for those but reckon with knowing they are coming up im going to try my damndest to plan to eat well for the other 28 days of the month hopefully resulting in a loss.

Someone remind me of this closer to the time, it is possible and I dont want to be the girl who makes excuses.

Well done 10st10lbs - love your daily inspiration and confidance building. You should be a consultant/leader yourself!!!:D

Well today started off really well. But from about 3pm this afternoon, I've had a terrible tummy, feel sick, in lots of pain, amongst other things. I've either eaten something dodgy or my Crohn's is playing up.

I STS this week, so still 5.5lbs left for me to do til Halloween, I'm afraid.

Sorry I couldn't add to this week's weight loss guys...I'll do double next week!

Kirsty x

Lost 1lb - but I was very lucky to do that :eek:

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose

donnajt - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose, 1lb gone, 6lbs to go
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose

AJB - 7lbs to lose

Thanks Ali, you are so right of course! Sometimes it feels like an off plan day even if you make good restaurant choices just because you can't be 100% sure what's in a sauce / dish so feel like you've lost count of the syns! Doing my best though, I have been much too slack recently and I am nowhere near target!! :)

As long as you have the motivation to stay on the right lines for the meals you have full control over, you should be OK :) Up the body magic, if you can, to balance out any unknown syns... It's the way forward :) I think it's just the time of year for everyone to start slacking a bit, it's terrible! But one by one, we're all going to get back on track and come Christmas, we'll know exactly how to deal with un-work-out-able syn consumption :p xxx

lost 1.5 pounds, hurray!! :bliss:

Yaaaay! Look how close you are to your October target already! Well done hun, I think the reduced estimation of syns is really helping you! And also the gym sessions you do :) Congratulations babe, maybe you will hit your target and go over by Oct 31! xxx

I agree chic; my old trick was go off plan for one meal and think "ah hell to it, might as well write off the day", which then leads to "I'll miss this weeks weigh in and then be extra good for next week".
You cant ruin a whole week with one meal - one meal out of 21!

I have a charity ball this wwkend (sounds posh but isnt) where Im not in control of the menu; and then 2 weddings in the next month. I know I will need all the syns I can saved for those but reckon with knowing they are coming up im going to try my damndest to plan to eat well for the other 28 days of the month hopefully resulting in a loss.

Someone remind me of this closer to the time, it is possible and I dont want to be the girl who makes excuses.

Well done 10st10lbs - love your daily inspiration and confidance building. You should be a consultant/leader yourself!!!:D

Seems so silly when you think about it now, doesn't it?! Like how many years, before joining SW, did we all start some fad diet, mess up for one meal, and then the domino effect caused the rest of the day, week, month to go down the pan?!

When you put it like that, the other 28 days of the month will be a doddle :) If you load up with lots of superspeed foods, you should be sorted! If there is a chocolate fountain with fruit to coat, I don't think anyone will mind if a couple of pieces of naked strawberry pop into your mouth :p

I'd love to be a consultant but at the moment I don't have a car, which is one of the only criteria... So I wouldn't be able to get to all these training sessions and whatever! I really would love to do it though, I get no motivation whatsoever from my own C :( And I know my family would benefit from it too, as word gets around pretty quick and there are definitely a lot of people that are unhappy with their weight but don't want to deal with it. I'd like to show them that when they see me eating normal food at family meals, just after they've asked how much weight I've lost, that I don't go to the bathroom and chuck it all up!

xxx

Well today started off really well. But from about 3pm this afternoon, I've had a terrible tummy, feel sick, in lots of pain, amongst other things. I've either eaten something dodgy or my Crohn's is playing up.

I STS this week, so still 5.5lbs left for me to do til Halloween, I'm afraid.

Sorry I couldn't add to this week's weight loss guys...I'll do double next week!

Kirsty x

Awww nooo :( Hope you feel better soon babe, dodgy foodies are not good. Fingers crossed you're in less pain today, and don't worry about the STS! Atleast you weighed in, I didn't even get to a class last week so have no idea what I weigh right now...

And you probably will end up losing double! Lol, it's just the way SW works... xxx

Lost 1lb - but I was very lucky to do that :eek:

Pish posh m'lady! You had one well-deserved day off plan, it probably shocked your body into excitement! ;) xxx

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
Why_d 14lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose
Hate2sayitoldu - 8lbs
debtdummy - 6 lbs
shell_y - 6lb to lose
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
beegee - 6lb to lose
prettypink - 7lb to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
Janine 40 - 6lb to lose

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
Why_d 14lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose
Hate2sayitoldu - 8lbs
debtdummy - 6 lbs
shell_y - 6lb to lose
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
beegee - 6lb to lose
prettypink - 7lb to lose
Tinytootz - 6lb to lose
Janine 40 - 6lb to lose
What's happened here???? This list seems awfully short and some names have gone, including me :sigh:

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose
hate2sayitoldu - 8lbs to lose - 3lbs gone, 5lbs to go
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone, 5.5lbs to go
shell_y - 6lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone, 5.5lbs to go
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lbs to lose - 2lbs gone, 4lbs to go
dreamaholic - 5lbs to lose - 3.5lbs gone, 1.5lbs to go
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
rjg123 - 8lbs to lose - 4.5lbs gone, 3.5lbs to go
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose
AJB - 7lbs to lo

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose
hate2sayitoldu - 8lbs to lose - 3lbs gone, 5lbs to go
debtdummy - 6lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone, 5.5lbs to go
shell_y - 6lbs to lose - 0.5lbs gone, 5.5lbs to go
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lbs to lose - 2lbs gone, 4lbs to go
dreamaholic - 5lbs to lose - 3.5lbs gone, 1.5lbs to go
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
rjg123 - 8lbs to lose - 4.5lbs gone, 3.5lbs to go
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose
AJB - 7lbs to lo
Now the colours have gone :p (Only joking with you!)

Now the colours have gone :p (Only joking with you!)

I know, what a dope i am!! Lesley, if you had seen my face when i realised what i had done, you would have laughed your head off!! And i have missed my name off the new list but i am scared to go back and do it again in case i mess up again!! Lol.

xx

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose

86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose

AJB - 7lbs to lose
Janine40 - 6lbs to lose

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose

86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose

AJB - 7lbs to lose
Janine40 - 6lbs to lose

Lesley..You are such a sweetie!! Lol.

Thank you!!

xx:D

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose
soccermom - 8lbs to lose
esellek - 7lbs to lose
Hathor - 6lbs to lose
donnajt - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 8lbs to lose
Tinytootz - 6lbs to lose - 2lbs gone, 0.5 come back 4.5lbs to go :)
Maypole - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose
TC19 - 7lbs to lose
DeVotchka - 8lbs to lose

AJB - 7lbs to lose
Janine40 - 6lbs to lose

:( .5lb on this week. No real surprise. I blame * week, sausage rolls, pizza, wine, vodka, curry, whiskey and buffets in general! Could have (and should have) been far worse. Roll on next week!

Back