The FlabFighters! - September Challenge

Weigh in tonight. My period is still AWOL and I'm over a week late now so I'm worried about the effect that's going to have .... was due on Friday 3rd September :(

Hey 10st10lbs....yep it was expected. Well actually I thought I would have gained. Went away to visit mine and my boyfriends family so was as good as I could be with all the party food, fry ups and Sunday roasts. Luckily my bf parents got lots of sw friendly food in for me so that helped :) Good luck with your wi in this week x

Oh wow! First of all - nice bf-parents! Potential in-laws? ;) Hehe, I know the feeling of relief of an STS after an off week! Thanks hun, I really do hope this week is better for me :) xxx

An STS for me this week, but to be honest i was expecting as much.

well done to those that lost tho!

You did have that big lovely meal the other night! :D As long as you enjoyed yourself, an STS is perfect :) xxx

I know, I'm panicking a bit cause it was husbands 40th birthday this weekend and we were out celebrating on Friday night too! Really, really got to stick to plan from now to Thursday!

Good luck to you this week Ali, how are you celebrating Eid?

Me and you both hun, I'll be keeping an eye out for your diary to see if you slip up anywhere! I'm trying very hard to stay on track as Eid is now over - had a terrible off plan Friday night and Saturday and decided to draw a big bold line under it so that I can reverse the effects of a zillion samosas! We just stayed at home and everyone came over on Saturday, lots of eating and washing up! Then Sunday we went over to my aunty's house, where I managed to stay in the kitchen for 8 hours surrounded by mountains of goodies and come out only having eaten... wait, I'll find the post and repost it here! Have a lovely time celebrating though, I think you deserve it! xxx

Well ladies/gents (?). I've been away too long, and I've really not liked being away from Minimins. At all. So I'm back, and I'm back properly. Just checking in to note a 2lb loss this week! :)

Gent! We have a gent! why_d :) and he is a funny one! Glad you're back - I was writing on your diary a few minutes ago and forgot to say should we organise a Manchester meet? xxx

Weigh in tonight. My period is still AWOL and I'm over a week late now so I'm worried about the effect that's going to have .... was due on Friday 3rd September :(

*hugs* I know how you feel hun, I was due on 27th August. Hope it gets better for you - I've been doing Green days and having 20 cashew nuts as HExB as they help speed up my period... Also, dried dates boiled in milk too, but now I know that 1 date has 2.5 syns and I used to make the milk with about 7 dates...:eek: Do you feel bloated? xxx

*hugs* I know how you feel hun, I was due on 27th August. Hope it gets better for you - I've been doing Green days and having 20 cashew nuts as HExB as they help speed up my period... Also, dried dates boiled in milk too, but now I know that 1 date has 2.5 syns and I used to make the milk with about 7 dates...:eek: Do you feel bloated? xxx
Strangely enough, no :confused: I did last week, and gained a lb but didn't worry overmuch about it because my clothes felt looser. Now my clothes still feel loose, I feel thinner (if that's possible??) but STILL no period. I don't want to gain for the second week in a row ... I know I shouldn't bother but I feel judged during IT by some of the (male) members in my group :(

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (1.5lb lost)
Donnap - 7lbs to lose

Moo85 - 4lbs to lose (3 lbs gone, 1 to go til I reach target!!)
honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
mistysmummy - 8lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Esellek - 7lbs to lose {please!} (2lb lost)
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
Leelea - 8lbs to lose (1.5lbs lost)
Hannahkw1 - 13lbs to lose
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
JimJam87 - 7lbs to lose (2.5lb lost)
donnajt - 8lbs to lose (1lb lost)
Hathor - 8lbs to lose (1lb lost)
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Mocha - 9.5lbs to lose
BeauDeBelle - 10lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
Amy-Toria - 7lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Why_d - 14lbs to lose (5.5lbs lost)
Tea&Toast - 14lbs to lose(5lbs lost)
Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose (3lb lost)
nannyto9 -8lb to lose (2lb lost)
Corset_Goth - 6lbs to Lose
only lost .5lb this week blooming constipation!

2lbs off for me this week :) xx

Donnap - 7lbs to lose
honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
emma-louise - 4lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Mocha - 9.5lbs to lose

1lb off. I am so frustrated and could cry. Sick of sitting in IT listening to these great losses and having to continually admit to gains and crap losses. :cry:Then sick of coming in work and having my colleagues analysing it for me (unasked) and making me feel worse. :mad:

Donnap - 7lbs to lose

honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
Meadowbankles - 7lbs to lose (1lb lost)
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Mocha - 9.5lbs to lose

Ali, Re: Manchester meet - YES PLEASE.
I think I need something like that! xxx

New thread needed :) xxx

Strangely enough, no :confused: I did last week, and gained a lb but didn't worry overmuch about it because my clothes felt looser. Now my clothes still feel loose, I feel thinner (if that's possible??) but STILL no period. I don't want to gain for the second week in a row ... I know I shouldn't bother but I feel judged during IT by some of the (male) members in my group :(

Mmm, I don't feel bloated either, thought I might be the only one. How many male members are there in your group? Maybe it's something worth mentioning to your consultant - after all, you are paying for a service and you don't deserve to be belittled like that. xxx

Oh no! Story of the past five weeks for me! Lol. Have you tried changing what you're eating a little bit? Or taking laxatives if it is getting really painful? Also, Lactulose really helps! xxx

2lbs off for me this week :) xx

You're wonderful! Your Countdown to Christmas is going really well! Are you treating yourself to new clothes and stuff? Because you really deserve it! xxx

1lb off. I am so frustrated and could cry. Sick of sitting in IT listening to these great losses and having to continually admit to gains and crap losses. :cry:Then sick of coming in work and having my colleagues analysing it for me (unasked) and making me feel worse. :mad:

1lb off is better than 1lb on, please don't be sad :( 1lb is the best loss I have had in almost 6 weeks now, I think? So I know how you feel about the gains and small losses, it is a horrible feeling, especially when people are losing big chunks and you know they're cheating. Like I mentioned above, talk to your consultant about it. I'm sure she will be able to give you a helping hand. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, keep a food diary on here aswell as the one you keep on the website and maybe, just maybe, there's something that you're doing slightly off.

And hun, please please please please please don't let your work colleagues make you feel that way! Just say something like 'I've decided to go to WI but not look at the scales until the end of each month, so I can appreciate the bigger drop in numbers. My consultant doesn't record my weight in my book anymore and she doesn't say whether I've had a loss or a gain, we just talk about how I feel, if anything will stop me losing again next week, any tips or tricks', and then smile. They can't argue with that, and chances are, you can quickly say 'so how do you think I'm looking this week? I definitely feel a lot lighter! My *insert item of clothing that you never wear to work so they don't even know if you're fibbing* was really roomy yesterday!' and they, if they know what's good for them, will compliment you :)

Hope you feel better soon, please don't be so down. Also hope you get your period soon - doesn't look like mine wants to grace my non-uni days with it's presence, sod's law is I'll get on the bus on the first day of term and it'll start! Please start a food diary on here and uplift your spirits with a nice DVD or a hot bath with candles and a book, followed by some pamper time and an early night? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh flip, I've put on 2lbs over 2 weeks :-(. Mind you I ran out of the food diary sheets, and had a stressful couple of weeks. Ended up stuffing myself with crisps, pizza and chocolate. Right, must get back on track!!!

[/COLOR][/B]

Donnap - 7lbs to lose

honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Mocha - 9.5lbs to lose (put on 2lbs)

New thread needed indeed! Are you going to do the honours, or do you want me to? xxx

I went into the meets section and there was already one there so I thought I'd post on it for a bump as people had shown interest but not taken it any further :) xxx

Oh flip, I've put on 2lbs over 2 weeks :-(. Mind you I ran out of the food diary sheets, and had a stressful couple of weeks. Ended up stuffing myself with crisps, pizza and chocolate. Right, must get back on track!!!

Oh no! Oh well!

I ran out of the food diary sheets
Erm since when is this a viable excuse?! Keep a diary on here! Get a piece of paper and write 'superfree', 'free', 'healthy extras' and 'syns'!
Had a stressful couple of weeks
Another stress eater, like me! Except if I get mad now, I don't raid the fridge (and miraculously, the 1kg block of cheese lasts much longer :rolleyes:)
Ended up stuffing myself with crisps
I made free crisps yesterday - peel and slice a potato thinly, spray a microwavable plate with frylight, place the potato slices on the plate not overlapping, sprinkle with whatever (i did salt, paprika and dried basil) and respray with frylight before microwaving for 8 mins. NO SYNS!
Search smash pizza? Don't know how it is but there is an alternative with a Tesco's base, I think. The tomato sauce you can make yourself from chopped tomatoes, and the cheese can be your HExA. Load up with veg and/or meat/fish, and Bob's your uncle!
and chocolate
If I could MAKE chocolate, I would! But I can't, so I opt for BritMum's Squidgy Chocolate Cake (anyone would think she paid me every time I mentioned this!), make a whole one for 9 syns, cut into 9 slices, have one a day with a chocolate sauce on top that I make from 5g Cadbury's hot chocolate powder (0.5 syn) and a teeny bit of milk (from my HExA).
Right, must get back on track!!!
You have never said anything so sensible, I guarantee you! Can I see you on here every day please?! :p If you keep a diary on here, someone might spot something your C wouldn't spot if you handed in your sheet (they 'read' like a zillion a week, so much is overlooked!) and you'll continue to get that motivation because you don't know who's reading so you'll want to be 100%!

Hope I haven't said anything out of place - it's kind of a kick up my own bum aswell as I feel my losses slowing down are demotivating me. However, I have to preach because then I'll feel like a hypocrite if I don't practice what I preach ;) Get me?!

Ali xxx

Donnap - 7lbs to lose (3.5 Lost)

honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose

Got a bit confused -hope i have don it right!

Have a great week!

Hello gorgeous people :D
Im weighing in as losing 2.5lb
I am estatic xxx

Got a bit confused -hope i have don it right!

Have a great week!

Done it perfect! Well done on that loss! And if I'm not mistaken, you need to get a 2.5st sticky! xxx

Hello gorgeous people :D
Im weighing in as losing 2.5lb
I am estatic xxx

Hello gorgeous girl, well done! Did you super-behave this week then? xxx

Donnap - 7lbs to lose (3.5 Lost)
honey74 - 5lbs to lose

Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose
Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Amy-Toria - 7lbs to lose (5.5lbs lost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysmummy

Oh no! Story of the past five weeks for me! Lol. Have you tried changing what you're eating a little bit? Or taking laxatives if it is getting really painful? Also, Lactulose really helps! xxx

hiya 10st10
Its been bad for the last few weeks have tried eating more fibre and tried the dulcolax liquid but didnt help so have been back to the docs and they have given me enemas so will see how i get on over the next few days I have been really good and following plan so fingers crossed this gets sorted and i start to see some better losses as its really disheartening when you go to group and hear people that have been drinking and having some takeaways losing 3 or 4lb but will stick it out and see how it goes
thanks for the advice
hugsssssss xxxx

I didn't super behave at all, i drank loads, but did sooo much dancing so maybe that counter acted it a bit

0.5 off for me, again. Today was the first day this week I couldn't go to the toilet in the morning. So annoyed. Hitting Extra Easy again, not gonna restrict my syns, and I am having an off plan meal on Saturday. If it works for everyone else...

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
Donnap - 7lbs to lose (3.5lbs lost)
Moo85 - 4lbs to lose (3lbs gone, 1 to go til I reach target!!)
honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose

Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Esellek - 7lbs to lose {please!} (2lbs lost)
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
JimJam87 - 7lbs to lose (2.5lbs lost)
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
nannyto9 -8lb to lose (2lbs lost)

maintained last night with 1 lb to go, how annoying! Going to be 100% this week, AND i've bought scan bran! come onnn....also my consultant goes off on maternity next week so I want to lose it this week once and for all!

PS. well done everyone so far, keep it going! some brill losses 2 weeks in :)

Last edited:
10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
Donnap - 7lbs to lose (3.5lbs lost)
Moo85 - 4lbs to lose (3lbs gone, 1 to go til I reach target!!)
honey74 - 5lbs to lose
Chicaloca - 8lbs to lose

Jaxmummy - 14lbs to lose
Esellek - 7lbs to lose {please!} (3lbs lost)
Jane76 - 7lbs to lose
JimJam87 - 7lbs to lose (2.5lbs lost)
86alpzzyj - 4lbs to lose
Belfastbabybear - 7lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
nannyto9 -8lb to lose (2lbs lost)

Another pound gone for me, figuring how I can make it more than a pound!! But, at least it is a steady downwards slope! :)

Back