The *Future Fantastically Fit Friday* Thread

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Morning All --

I hope everyone woke up feeling energized and ready for the last day of the standard work week, and are getting ready to enjoy their weekends!

My DD's school is having a non-uniform day, and I find it so amazing (being American and having attended American schools all the away through uni) - how motivational it is for kids be allowed to wear their own clothes to school! I guess it has a lot to do with self-expression and being in control.

I can relate a bit to what the kids feel on a non-uniform day; I suspect that this "motivation" is what I experience, when I jump on the scales and realise that I have lost weight because I took action to make that happen.

So, I am having a non-uniform day today. I am not wearing my "fat suit", at least not mentally. I am going to reward myself for working towards my "Future Fantastically Fit" self. So, now to get on with my day's obligations -- and see if I can't work a little fitness into the day, in order to help me get to Fantastically Fit a bit faster.

MinnieMel

morning :)
I am feeling positive about to day , had a slip up on wednesday and now am showing a gain of 3 lb .. grrrrrr , just hope I can get rid of it by monday and weigh in .. I dont know why I do it , I soooo want to be in the 10 stones and was sooo nearly there .. but hey ho had a good 810 day yesterday and will have another good one today :)

I am chilling this morning then taking the kids to see my brother this afternoon , he only lives about 8 miles away but we dont see him very often he works all week then at weekends he plays rugby and has a social life so we dont get a look in !!! We are such different people , he was always the 'grown up ' one right from being a toddler ...... he did all his school work , never drank , smoked , took anything he shouldnt , only had 3 girlfriends and no 'flings ' ...... and I was the total opposite ,... the REBEL !!! lol

Tnight is the start of the new series of Embarrasing bodies too which I love watching !!! Oh the things we look forward to !!!!

I am really looking forward to the weekend , we are taking Elena ( 4) to see Tangled tomorrow , the new Disney Rapunzel film , and she is sooo excited ( me too , it looks fab ) so I am going to chop 3 bars into 3 .. then chop a third of each into little bits and take them as like a 'bag of revels ' ... yummmmm
and on sunday we are going to lincoln to see hubbys foster parents for roast beef and yorkies .. although I will have to refrain :( she makes the best yorkies in the world EVER and hubby normally eats 12 of them with his sunday dinner ( and he is a skinny bugger !!!) and I love them !!! oh well they will still be there when I am at goal :)

so heres to a 100 % day SS for me ..... come on 3lb .. shift !!!!

Im soo tired!! Lol

But stood on the scales an I was.. 16st13!!!! Not been in 16s ever!! Think I was born 18stone lol!

Sat with hubby last night and looked through our new York travel guide lol have decided I want to see:
- sex museum
-new York museum where night at museum was filmed
-THE BODIES MUSEUM!!!!!

Lol

So I now have 4nHalf stone to go before July! Bring it on!!

Morning all, Euro Disney was cold,expensive but fun! However on Monday I woke feeling terrible and had a horrid virus, unfortunately we had to pack and check out by 11am, but weren't flying until 6.30pm....so spent most of Monday shivering and unable to eat. To be honest the virus was a blessing as stopped me having an extra day off plan, and was more than happy just to have the packs on Tuesday and am now well and truelly back into the swing of things....infact weigh 2 pounds less than pre-Euro D!
As well as having a virus, my father-in-law in hosp wed in addition to my bro-in-law so have been helping sister-in-law and Mr T away wed til tonight in London, hence my lack of posting.
Anyway nice to catch up with you all, MM as a teacher I used to love the non-uniform days, I used to wear my jeans and civi clothes!
Determinator I would also like to go and see Tangled, but Master T not up for it....oh to have a girl!
Kimmie well done on your loss, and we visited the sex museum in Prague , it was really quiet in day then like me and Mr T busy in the evenings with people a little less inhibited after a few vinos......however it was very tame(don't wish to sound like a perv' coz think I can be a prude, it was the consensus of most visitors)...am sure the one in NY will be much more entertaining.

Fab Friday to all x

@Katie and Mrs T --

"Tangled" is fab. Do take Master T -- the 3D effects are awesome. The main character is really the male lead (thief), anf there are lots of fleeing and fighting scenes. Plus, the horse that belongs to the castle's lead guard rivals Donkey from Shrek in hilarity! It also a musical and Mandy Moore voices Rapunzel.

Congrats Kimmie on getting to a new low! Whooha. I hope it makes all those hungry day struggles seem so worth it now!

Amsterdam and Copenhagen's sex museums are very interesting, too. I found them less lacivious and more "educational"... almost clinical. Not my thing though -- Bronx and Central Park Zoos, Greenwich Vliiage, China Town, Central Park, Ellis Island, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, the Hello Kitty and American Girl Stores Radio City Music Hall, MOMA, Museum of Natural History, etc. are all more my thing.

MM

yeah Mrs T I dont think Tangled looks too girly , it looks hilarious and I am sure master T would love it :)

Wow Kimmie , fabulous news on the weight .. and it wont be long till you are in the 15s and the 14 s ..... :D

New york sounds fab ..... and the I would love to go to the Bodies museum .. as a nurse i find it fascinating to see these amazing examples of real bodies ... I am hoping that they will tour the UK again sometime . And I bet the sex museum will be amusing :D

good morning guys.

determinator @ glad u are enjoying the 'revels' ;).
kimmie @ nice one girlie. uve gotten so far :).
MrsT@ glad u enjoyed euroD. sorry u got sick but looks like there was a little silver lining there in that cloud huh.
i am going to buy a new mobile phone today. thinking about getting an LG san francisco. my old one (motorola pebble) has been 'chewed' one too many times by my 8 month old grandson and now seems to have developped a multi personality disorder. :D. it turns itself on and off, sets its own random alarms and asks for my security code at random times of the day. stupid phone. lol.

Morning girls.

I'm feeling crappy after eating quavers last night but i'm back on track today so far and determined to lose a couple of pounds over the weekend before I weigh-in on Monday! Otherwise whats the point.

Loving the idea of breaking the bars up at the cinema!!
Cheryl in need of a new mobile myself but realy want an iphone!!

Kimmie have you been to NYC before? Its ace. I'd seriously consider moving there!! You'll be super slim for your trip I bet.

Otherwise whats the point.

Hi MrsN -- The point is: we almost all do this "quavers thing" from time to time. We need to dust ourselves off and get back on the horse. One tiny step back -- will not keep you from finishing the race. You might not get there in record time, but you can can will finish, if you do not give up.

MinnieMel

I'm having a mood swing day today. I keep going from feeling positive, to just wanting to cry!

I think it's got a lot to do with my first weigh in later, and also what I'm doing tonight.

There's a man in my life, in some ways it's very complicated (we had a 'thing' a few months ago, but couldn't start any relationship because he was going away, he's now gone but is back for the weekend) and in other ways, it's very simple. We're close friends and nothing else. Anyway, I really want to see him because I miss him, but I'm dreading it because I now know how much I weigh! He's not back up for another 2 months, and I know I'll look dramatically different next time he's up.

I keep trying to think of reasons to cancel that don't sound like I just don't want to see him. :sigh:

I know it's stupid, I saw him at New Year and I can't have put on THAT much weight since then, especially after having been on CD for a week.

Awww Toller --

See him, if only to refresh his memory. And, then when he does come back he'll be amazed. However, chances are he is lot less concerned about your weight than you are. He is probably attracted to you... the inner you.

As my Japanese friend would say, "Make pretty yourself, and go have a good time!" I'll add: You deserve it.

MinnieMel

I think you should see him - 2 months is a long time!!!

He obviously wants to spend time with you and like to say you saw each other at New Year.

Minnie Mel I agree what i meant was whats the point of doing this all week, eating 2 packs of bloody quavers and letting it beat me. But I am the type of person that needs to see a loss on those scales EVERY week whilst on a diet like CD or I become disheartened and pack it in. Hence why even a small loss is needed on Monday.
But I know I can do this and I keep teling myself all the reasons why i want to do this and need to do this.

MrsN -- Is there a Rosemary Conley near you? If you can afford it -- they have a joining special right now (on their website there is a coupon). It is 29 pounds for five classes plus the joining kit.

I joined last Saturday, and got the kit: portion pots (for future use -- as portion control is a big problem for me), diet books (3 -- to be adapted for management of weight loss), an DVD, and A TAPE MEASURE. This tape measure is very cool. It has two each of many different colour clips... one permanent, one to be moved. It will illustrate your inches lost so well.

My CDC takes my waist measurement every week. She took all my measurements at the start, and (if I would let her) she'd take them all every week. She'll do them all on week 4 -- next week. The week I "only" lost a pound -- I lost 2 inches off my waist!

Does your CDC take your measurements?

MinnieMel

He is probably attracted to you... the inner you.

As my Japanese friend would say, "Make pretty yourself, and go have a good time!" I'll add: You deserve it.

MinnieMel
He is, that's the problem! I hate the thought of someone being attracted to me in spite of the way I look, if that makes sense?

I will see him, I'll just dress baggy and next time I see him, hopefully I'll be dramatically different and feeling confident about it.

But I am the type of person that needs to see a loss on those scales EVERY week whilst on a diet like CD or I become disheartened and pack it in. Hence why even a small loss is needed on Monday.
But I know I can do this and I keep teling myself all the reasons why i want to do this and need to do this.
If you're not happy with the scales, get the tape measure out, you'll probably still have lost inches.

Scales don't just measure how much fat is in your body, and it's only the fat you're interested in losing.

(posted at the same time then, I wasn't just copying!)

afternoon girls, hope everyones having a good one

am trying to be a good girl today, deviated a bit the last 2 days

my friends dad is out of the coma and coming round slowly, hoping any damage done is limited

@Claire -- Fingers crossed for your friend's dad.

MM

I have cronic tummy ache and haven't been off loo for past 10mins!! What's happene to me?!? Something obv doesn't agree with me lol :(

erm kimmie..... 4 bars, a shake and a soup is what dont agree with u hun.
even the toughest tummies in the world would struggle with 4 cambridge bars in a day.

cherylxx said:
erm kimmie..... 4 bars, a shake and a soup is what dont agree with u hun.
even the toughest tummies in the world would struggle with 4 cambridge bars in a day.

Lol is that what u had? I just trumped and thought oh god! I don't feel 100% today anyway :(

Lol is that what u had? I just trumped and thought oh god! I don't feel 100% today anyway :(

no, i thought i read a post of urs saying u had 4 bars , a shake and a soup. i could be wrong. perhaps it was someone else.:eek:

Back