The getting married thread

No wev not booked a honeymoon, don't think wer going to have the money straight away. We might just book a long weekend at the last minute. Wev included a nice poem in our invitations that basically asks for money instead of gifts cos wev been living together for years. We don't need four toasters lol

thats what ohs sister did lol they got canny bit aswell lol. we wont be expecting pressies if we are going abroad im not that cheeky :p

Mrs H to be said:
No wev not booked a honeymoon, don't think wer going to have the money straight away. We might just book a long weekend at the last minute. Wev included a nice poem in our invitations that basically asks for money instead of gifts cos wev been living together for years. We don't need four toasters lol

We have done the same except not a poem but a little explanation why we'd prefer money over presents. My fiance friend did a poem which was nice. If we can't afford a honeymoon we'll prob do a weekend then maybe 6 months after do a proper holiday

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah we thought of doing that but we want to save for a mortgage after the wedding so spending thousands on a honeymoon might be out of the question! Have you got a dress sorted?

My other half proposed to me in March while we were on holiday on the island of Zanzibar. It was totally out of the blue and I was completely shocked!
We are not having a big wedding...infact, we are probably just going to tie the knot when we next go on our hols, maybe this year sometime if I pull my finger out and get arranging! It will just be the 2 of us. It's upset a few people but I can't think of anything worse than having a big do and the attention being on me.....its not really my style!!
So it will most likely be a romantic setting somewhere hot with the sand between our toes and dragging some stranger off their sun bed to be a witness!!! Lol

My other half proposed to me in March while we were on holiday on the island of Zanzibar. It was totally out of the blue and I was completely shocked!
We are not having a big wedding...infact, we are probably just going to tie the knot when we next go on our hols, maybe this year sometime if I pull my finger out and get arranging! It will just be the 2 of us. It's upset a few people but I can't think of anything worse than having a big do and the attention being on me.....its not really my style!!
So it will most likely be a romantic setting somewhere hot with the sand between our toes and dragging some stranger off their sun bed to be a witness!!! Lol

good to hear im not the only family rebel hehe. the thought of having big doo is horrifying to me, do not want to be the centre of attention at all. we have looked into places here and whittled numbers down to 24 close family but i think whats the point of the stupid prices for that when i could be having the wedding/honeymoon of our dreams :D

Hi everyone I'm getting married 24th september this year so excited really am can't wait to b mrs Keith my two main colours are cadbury purple and emerald green

Hope everyone is organised

Mrs H to be said:
Yeah we thought of doing that but we want to save for a mortgage after the wedding so spending thousands on a honeymoon might be out of the question! Have you got a dress sorted?

Not yet. I dare not even go shopping until I've shifted most of my weight! I decided to do cd now so I can hopefully get to goal by dec/jan and start the hunt then try and maintain till wedding. - may I ask what yours Is like? I've got a few ideas.

Hi everyone I'm getting married 24th september this year so excited really am can't wait to b mrs Keith my two main colours are cadbury purple and emerald green

Hope everyone is organised

hi hun, have you got your dress yet?

Oh yes....I'm a rebel alright....I've upset my mum in law to be as she thought when I mentioned going abroad that everyone would be invited.....errr no, sorry, it's just the 2 of us!!
Her face did make me feel slightly guilty ( and my Mums, when I told her too) but the thing is, you can get swept up in it all and before you know it, you are doing something that everyone else wants you to do!
We have been together 5 years, have our own home and to me, this is about tying up the loose ends and I want something relaxing that we can both enjoy. I've never been one of those people that wanted the 'fairytale' wedding....I'm what you might call unconventional!!! Lol

Congratulations everyone! Can I ask what everyone is hoping to lose before their wedding?

Also, for those who have their dress I wonder if u could confirm something for me.... Is it correct that once u buy ya dress u can have it taken in up to 2 dress sizes?

Oh yes....I'm a rebel alright....I've upset my mum in law to be as she thought when I mentioned going abroad that everyone would be invited.....errr no, sorry, it's just the 2 of us!!
Her face did make me feel slightly guilty ( and my Mums, when I told her too) but the thing is, you can get swept up in it all and before you know it, you are doing something that everyone else wants you to do!
We have been together 5 years, have our own home and to me, this is about tying up the loose ends and I want something relaxing that we can both enjoy. I've never been one of those people that wanted the 'fairytale' wedding....I'm what you might call unconventional!!! Lol

lol exactly we have been together five and a half yr lived together for four and a half and struggled money wise the whole time to keep ourselves afloat now we are gonna have some money i want it to be for summit we want not noone else, if his mam offered to pay for the wedding she wants then ide give her a say but not a penny will be coming our way so sod them :p

Congratulations everyone! Can I ask what everyone is hoping to lose before their wedding?

Also, for those who have their dress I wonder if u could confirm something for me.... Is it correct that once u buy ya dress u can have it taken in up to 2 dress sizes?

depending on the detail on the dress i think its two dress sizes hun

lol exactly we have been together five and a half yr lived together for four and a half and struggled money wise the whole time to keep ourselves afloat now we are gonna have some money i want it to be for summit we want not noone else, if his mam offered to pay for the wedding she wants then ide give her a say but not a penny will be coming our way so sod them :p

Absolutely agree...sometimes you really do have to do what you want and not what everyone else wants you to do.
I am not a selfish person but to me, getting married is about the 2 of us. I have told OH brother and his girlfriend that they have to have a big do to make it up to his mother!!! Lol

I'd love to get married nothing big. We've been together nearly 17years :)

wow 17yrs, how come you arent married yet if you dont mind me asking? i reckon you get a dress off ebay, book the registry office and off down the pub for afters- come on girl drag him down that aisle :p

Fearless said:
wow 17yrs, how come you arent married yet if you dont mind me asking? i reckon you get a dress off ebay, book the registry office and off down the pub for afters- come on girl drag him down that aisle :p

It's never really bothered me until I started reading this lol and it got me thinking. People who've know us for years no where not married but most people think we are. I've worked with a lady for 10 years and it was only at Christmas when we where talking about something that she found out she was like I would of never known.

I think it goes by so fast we've got a 15 year old son and done a lot in life I just think we should of done it years ago and I suppose we've got used to it and it's not really mattered if that makes sense :) x

Back