The getting married thread

This is my dress, everything on it that is the pale gold colour is going to be black and the beading will remain clear.

Ball Gown Strapless Floor-length Satin/ Tulle Prom Dress With A Wrap (FSM0476) - US$ 247.49

I know that it is definately not for everyone and have had complete mixed reactions to it, my Mum said it was beautiful and my sister said it looked like a net curtain on the skirt! but I feel as though it will look good on me and I love it!!!

Thanks. Started beginning of January. Hope to hit my 4 stone off this week.

that is amazing :eek:. good luck with the rest of your journey! have you posted any pics on here?

This is my dress, everything on it that is the pale gold colour is going to be black and the beading will remain clear.

Ball Gown Strapless Floor-length Satin/ Tulle Prom Dress With A Wrap (FSM0476) - US$ 247.49

I know that it is definately not for everyone and have had complete mixed reactions to it, my Mum said it was beautiful and my sister said it looked like a net curtain on the skirt! but I feel as though it will look good on me and I love it!!!

that dress is gorgeous hun, im no good at imagining things if they arent in front of me (bit like a bloke :p) so not a clue what the black will look like but im sure you will look beautiful and it'll be very you! are you getting the wrap also cos it looks lush!

It's lovely! Have you tried any dresses on to see if this is the style you like? I had an idea of what I wanted but after trying about 15 dresses on my final choice is something I wouldn't have thought about!

It's lovely! Have you tried any dresses on to see if this is the style you like? I had an idea of what I wanted but after trying about 15 dresses on my final choice is something I wouldn't have thought about!

thats exactly the reason i want the weight off asap cos i wanna be able to try them on and make sure they look good i refuse to order the dress until im at goal as im too scared of not making it and that when i did it would look pants! xx

Yup tried loooooooooooooads on! am getting the wrap too, going to need something to hide the bingo wings! lol
Picked the colour scheme as I'd seen some bits and pieces about in it and loved it!

love the dress Emma - i think it will look nicer in black as the beading will then really stand out. The lil shrug looks great too. my friend for her wedding had netting over her skirt and it looks really nice in 'real life' especially over the white underskirt

Some lovely dresses on here......I am such an indecisive person, I can't imagine having to choose a 'real' wedding dress!!
I'm planning on just having something very simple, probably not even a proper wedding dress, maybe something long and flowing from Monsoon. I'd love to be bare foot on the sand and a little wind swept! Lol my other half will probably have a nice pair of linen trousers or even shorts and a cool linen shirt. I really don't like seeing beach weddings where everyone is dressed in traditional dress and suits!! What's that all about!! It's hot, dress for the occasion!! Lol ;) but that's just me!

Some lovely dresses on here......I am such an indecisive person, I can't imagine having to choose a 'real' wedding dress!!
I'm planning on just having something very simple, probably not even a proper wedding dress, maybe something long and flowing from Monsoon. I'd love to be bare foot on the sand and a little wind swept! Lol my other half will probably have a nice pair of linen trousers or even shorts and a cool linen shirt. I really don't like seeing beach weddings where everyone is dressed in traditional dress and suits!! What's that all about!! It's hot, dress for the occasion!! Lol ;) but that's just me!

agree with you there hun can just imagine you on that beach, cant see the attraction of big heavy wedding dress for a beach wedding youde boil to death! all the dresses ive looked at i think might be just a tad ott for my location lol especially the temperature- ive got a real problem with heat aswell so maybe this vegas wedding might need to go to somewhere bit colder like alaska :8855:, actually did you see them on four weddings got married somewhere like greeenland their wedding transport was a reindeer lol interesting haha x

agree with you there hun can just imagine you on that beach, cant see the attraction of big heavy wedding dress for a beach wedding youde boil to death! all the dresses ive looked at i think might be just a tad ott for my location lol especially the temperature- ive got a real problem with heat aswell so maybe this vegas wedding might need to go to somewhere bit colder like alaska :8855:, actually did you see them on four weddings got married somewhere like greeenland their wedding transport was a reindeer lol interesting haha x

Love the idea of that.....infact, I'm going on here about a romantic beach wedding, but I have been looking at unusual wedding ideas, like in a hot air balloon (defo can't have family then lol) being dropped off on top of a mountain somewhere by helicopter and tying the knot....the list goes on. I really would love to do something very unusual because I am quite quirky actually.
Up until a year ago, my other half owned a Ferrari but we sold it....he said the other day he would love to buy a new one and drive me off somewhere in it and get married!!! Lol only trouble is, the one he's got his eye on is 60 grand, so that definitely ain't gonna happen....awww nice thought though

So all ideas welcomed for something different!!

Love the idea of that.....infact, I'm going on here about a romantic beach wedding, but I have been looking at unusual wedding ideas, like in a hot air balloon (defo can't have family then lol) being dropped off on top of a mountain somewhere by helicopter and tying the knot....the list goes on. I really would love to do something very unusual because I am quite quirky actually.
Up until a year ago, my other half owned a Ferrari but we sold it....he said the other day he would love to buy a new one and drive me off somewhere in it and get married!!! Lol only trouble is, the one he's got his eye on is 60 grand, so that definitely ain't gonna happen....awww nice thought though

So all ideas welcomed for something different!!

we looked up parachuting lol but look abit of a gimp with the outfit and my hair would be ruined for the photos :8855:i think hot air balloon would be fab!

Hiya :) thought I'd join!

I'm getting married 29th June 2012! Ahh just over a year to go! Exciting :). I'd like to get down to my goal of 9 stone this year, and just maintain/tone up in time for my wedding/honeymoon. :)

Congrats to those getting married too! :D xxx

welcome to the thread hun :D have you started exercising yet? im unsure when to start this as i know youve got to be careful on this, i am desperate to lose the weight tone up at the same time and have until going away in september to do it eek!

Not yet hun. Am on SS for the moment - won't start doing anything until Mid-end of June (this year lol) when I'm on a higher plan and I've lost most of the weight I want to lose. :) I will build exercise into my daily routine though once I'm maintaining, definitely want to tighten up (!) for wedding etc. Really just want to conquer this weight thing for once and for all and maintain. Really don't want to have to go back to ssing before my wedding!

What about you? Bet you're excited for your wedding too. I can't believe I booked mine 6 months ago - even that has flown by! :eek: xxx

my exercise consists of walking through the kitchen to get to the toilet and back atm :p OH has told me off for wanting to start exercising as he knows how weak i get on this especially on ss, i really want to do powerplates but he has put his foot down because i told him they burn 400 calories an hour :cry: as soon as i move up plans im going to start to do something maybe look up some classes in my area, not sure what to do though. x

Not yet hun. Am on SS for the moment - won't start doing anything until Mid-end of June (this year lol) when I'm on a higher plan and I've lost most of the weight I want to lose. :) I will build exercise into my daily routine though once I'm maintaining, definitely want to tighten up (!) for wedding etc. Really just want to conquer this weight thing for once and for all and maintain. Really don't want to have to go back to ssing before my wedding!

What about you? Bet you're excited for your wedding too. I can't believe I booked mine 6 months ago - even that has flown by! :eek: xxx

not sure how i missed that bottom bit lol. yeah really excited now it actually feels real! cant believe im gonna be a mrs lol lol

B2B25/8 said:
Thanks Hun, I'm intending to stick to it 100% but have got a few meals off planned over next few months but hope to keep them to just that. Can I ask why u did sw for 3 weeks? Did u continue to loose straight away following the move? I was thinking sw once at goal but know it can b carb heavy unless u follow the red plan

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was doing really well on SS for 14weeks, but then got scared as I fainted twice on the commute to work one morning. It really shook me up.

Luckily as a Beck reader I had a back up diet read to go! I always planned to join SW for maintenance. I joined SW the day after I fainted. I did EE, so didn't stick to the protein heavy red, and managed to lose 2lb over three weeks. Considering that was the first food I had eaten for 3months, so I regained all my water and I had one major fall off the wagon, I was really pleased. I'll definitely be going back when I choose to stop SSing. I'll follow it to ensure I maintain.

I did it for three weeks, during which I got my confidence back (the fainting in a public place really threw me). I then started on SW 5days ago! I have a planned break in 3weeks for my 30th birthday weekend. Then I'll be back on it again.

Fearless said:
that is amazing :eek:. good luck with the rest of your journey! have you posted any pics on here?

No. No pictures - I'm not that brave! I've saved ny latest pair of trousers though, as I determined to add my photo to the "big pants" thread! I love that thread!

Currently gone from a 22 to a 16.

Thanks, day 4 for me, i did well about a month ago and my OH lost his job, and i put all the weight back on :(, so trying again now.

His dresses are fab, it was weird when i was trying my dresses on , i wanted a really plain and simple one, but my best mate gave me this one to try on to annoy me lol and i just loved it!!

Back