The getting married thread

Fearless

Hi guys,

Im getting married august 2012 and thought it would be nice if we had a little group for those that are getting married and maybe help each other along with any weight loss/wedding dilemmas :D

Fearless xx

i'm not getting married but i am gonna be a bridesmaid aug 2012.

hi hun

where is the wedding being held? Have you chose your dress yet? what colour scheme is it? No bridesmaids for me as i think we are getting married in vegas at the hoover dam (ohs abit of a saddo :p)

Fearless xx

the bride is getting married in this beautiful priest house in derbyshire. my dress is purple i've seen a pic of it.

Fearless said:
if we had been getting married in this country my theme would have been purple :eek: have you got a pic of it?

Hi fearless! I'm getting married August 2012 also, need to lose 7st by December so I can go dress shopping. Our bridesmaids will be wearing purple - our colours are purple and blue :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi fearless! I'm getting married August 2012 also, need to lose 7st by December so I can go dress shopping. Our bridesmaids will be wearing purple - our colours are purple and blue :)

hi hun, where are you from? what type of wedding are you having church/ registry etc?

Hiya, Im in the UK - having a Church wedding here. Vegas will be fabulous i bet!

we were all set to go ahead with the church wedding thing and had everything planned down to the horse and cart lol but we couldnt stand the thought of standing there while everyones watching us haha we were going to honeymoon in vegas anyway so thought why not! cannot believe the cost of a wedding when you add everything up, can i be cheeky and ask your budget? have you sorted out your wedding dress yet?

Hiya, I'm getting married on Sept 17th in Liverpool. Aiming to lose about 1.5-2 stone more or my dress won't be able to be taken in any further!

Yeah this year.....not long now! It's stressful but I'm looking forward to it. It's more keeping track on the budget at the minute x

Yeah this year.....not long now! It's stressful but I'm looking forward to it. It's more keeping track on the budget at the minute x

how exciting so close! what type of wedding are you having? can i ask your budget? im terrified im not gonna be able to pay for everything but determined aswell!

we were all set to go ahead with the church wedding thing and had everything planned down to the horse and cart lol but we couldnt stand the thought of standing there while everyones watching us haha we were going to honeymoon in vegas anyway so thought why not! cannot believe the cost of a wedding when you add everything up, can i be cheeky and ask your budget? have you sorted out your wedding dress yet?

we are trying to keep to a budget of 15k but since i have lost my job we may have to reduce that unless something comes up. Weddings are expensive but we couldnt go abroad without upsetting anyone and really want to share the day with our families and it was v important for me to get married in Church. I think eloping would have been cheaper tho! is it expensive to get married in Vegas?

Wer only having a small wedding really, even though the numbers keep going up! Wer having 34 in the day and then about 80 in the evening. The wedding is going to be in the same hotel all day (hope street) and then wer not worrying about providing transport. Our budget is £8,000 at the absolute max. Wer getting some help from our parents with the budget so wer quite lucky really x

we are trying to keep to a budget of 15k but since i have lost my job we may have to reduce that unless something comes up. Weddings are expensive but we couldnt go abroad without upsetting anyone and really want to share the day with our families and it was v important for me to get married in Church. I think eloping would have been cheaper tho! is it expensive to get married in Vegas?

No not to get married cheap as chips its everything else that goes with it lol wanna have the experience of a lifetime havent had a holiday in over 8 year eek! family are not happy at all but sod em gonna please meself for a change, my family think good on us its oh's family who arent impressed lol. His brother is getting married in cyprus in september we are trying to go but its not cheap at all there, we chose vegas as we dont expect anyone to come as its so expensive for flights and accomodation so they dont have to worry about that- they can enjoy the pictures lol.

My parents would have gone ballistic of we'd have gone abroad, plus my OHs little girl wouldnt have been able to come and its important to us that she's with us. Going somewhere just the two of us is a very tempting idea tho and save all the hassle! x

Mrs H to be said:
Wer only having a small wedding really, even though the numbers keep going up! Wer having 34 in the day and then about 80 in the evening. The wedding is going to be in the same hotel all day (hope street) and then wer not worrying about providing transport. Our budget is £8,000 at the absolute max. Wer getting some help from our parents with the budget so wer quite lucky really x

That's a good idea mrsh as we are bit worried about transport for guests. We've included our honeymoon in our budget so are trying to keep costs down as much as poss so we can have a great holiday! have u booked yours? My mate got married last sept and the weather was amazing!

for our wedding to be here was costing around the same as yours but we really wanted to honeymoon in vegas aswell so with the cost of that on top i thought why do that to keep family happy so thought sod it off to vegas :p we found a lovely hotel here and for the venue plus afternoon reception was 3,200 (werent having a night doo just wedding breakfast and off on honeymoon) but no saturdays available :( we have an appointment on tuesday for a different place but i think it will end up being vegas.

No wev not booked a honeymoon, don't think wer going to have the money straight away. We might just book a long weekend at the last minute. Wev included a nice poem in our invitations that basically asks for money instead of gifts cos wev been living together for years. We don't need four toasters lol

Back