the ghosts of xmas past present future..

L.i.n.d.a

Fatgirlwannabeslim
What would you ask forgiveness for...sw orientated of course... ;)

Myself..past- saying ill start tommorrow, present-giving up too quickly, future-thinking of failing again...you?

Me? Nothing :D I am full of optimism and christmas spirit [STRIKE]baileys[/STRIKE] at the moment. Therefore I am refusing to perpetuate the myth that I am somehow 'bad' because I cant seem to stick to the plan at the moment.

I've been doing this long enough to know that its just a blip and something a lot a slimmers go through, I am just taking the rough with the smooth at the moment and enjoying the ride and know i will get back on track :)

Go Smartie, go smartie *insert a little slinky hip wiggle*. :) You'll be back on it in the new year!

Linda, you can do this.

My only regret is not doing this 6-7 years ago before I lost all control and spirralled to the depths of morbid obeseness (is obeseness even a word lol). For the present I'm taking it one day at a time and remembering not to punish myself but to make choices. No worries for the future as this always has to be part of my future.

Nothing! Maybe I should have started this years ago but i wasn't ready! I would have failed time and again and become 'diet hardened' so that no diet would truly work unless you accept you weren't really trying before!

Does that make sense? I have migraine so forgive ne

Forgive? What's to forgive? There are times when I say to myself "that was stupid, won't do that again" or "you really must get your act together", but I don't recall doing anything which needs forgiving.

(I used to think I would grow out of doing and saying daft things when I got older and grew up, but here I am in my sixties and I don't seem to have grown up at all!)

And as for forgiving myself for something I might do in the future - well, that's a kind of permission to do it anyway!

Forgive? What's to forgive? There are times when I say to myself "that was stupid, won't do that again" or "you really must get your act together", but I don't recall doing anything which needs forgiving.

(I used to think I would grow out of doing and saying daft things when I got older and grew up, but here I am in my sixties and I don't seem to have grown up at all!)

And as for forgiving myself for something I might do in the future - well, that's a kind of permission to do it anyway!

I agree...I suppose I could have spared myself the pain of obesity years ago if I'd pulled my finger out, but it's just a case of it really not being the right time for it to stick. Nothing that needs forgiveness - when the time was right I did it. I hope your time comes soon Linda, as it seems you're really drawn to Slimming World. I really hope you get the confidence or even baby steps towards the confidence needed to build on that instinct. Good luck hun. x

I do wish I had known how to not let myself get so big as although I have slimmed down I have permenantly done damage to my body.
I don't think I need to be forgiven though as there were many reasons why I was in that situation and they weren't necessarily my fault (and overall I have forgiven the ones that were to blame :p)
I think asking for forgiveness suggests something to be blamed for but I think more being forgiving of ourselves is more like it? If that makes sense....I haven't got a migraine am just crap at putting it down in words! :rolleyes:

Back