The Golden Time

KateF

Silver Member
Sometimes people say your first time on the CD is your golden time.

On Day 6 of my seventh or so restart since the three years since that golden time, I now remember why.

The first time it never occurred to me to cheat. I was just on it until it had finished, until I was at target, full stop.

Now I know the diet better, I feel little compromises creep into my head like "But you're happy a stone over target", or "One day off won't hurt", or "SS was designed for morbidly obese people & you're not so you can invent your own additions".

This time though, is closer to that golden time than any since. I am fed up of being fat, feeling squashed by my own body, and I just want it to work.

I wish I didn't feel hungry on this Day 6, I wish I wasn't busy this weekend and travelling so that sorting out shakes and water is a big gaff, but, just because I can feel my leggings are looser already, is no reason to compromise!

I'm not weighing this time, just going by clothes, & although I already look better I can't kid myself that I won't look much better without those couple of stone I've been carrying around for most of the last year. I WILL stick to a VLCD because I know it works and because I know in another week or so, this will have become routine.

As someone titled their thread recently: Hunger isn't An Emergency. Yes, if I'm really flagging I might have an extra pack or a green and white meal, but I'm in this, I'm committed and I can't wait to feel slim & fit back into some of my lovely clothes and have cheekbones again!

There, that's myself told...

Great post and exactly how I feel myself!!

xxx

Welcome back, What a great mental attitude.

Good luck - You CAN do this Xxxxxx

hey , I know exactly what you mean !!! In some ways I find it easy to get back on CD as I know it works , i know that once I am in ketosis I will feel better and I know that the weight falls off .. BUT I also know what 'cheats' I can get away with , i know that if i eat and gain a little it will soon be off .. and I know that I am a size 14 instead of a 26 so deserve a biccie now and then !!!!

Brilliant post, just how I feel, wish I knew what I know now about cd and after during my golden time. I wouldn't have messed up first time :-(

Kate, thanks for putting into words so much of what I'm feeling... and getting it all into perspective for me. Good luck on your journey and thanks for the inspiring post.

xxx

Back