The good, the bad, the ugly...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Wales, 18 August 2009 Social URL.

1. Wales

Wales Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    The good - wore work trousers today with NO elastine/ lycra/ stretch anything in them and they didn't rip or split or anything and I even forgot about sitting down carefully "just in case"

The Ugly - I have a boil, on my cheek, the cheek on my face :( so I am on antib's for a week so am moving up to SS+ to make sure they have the best chance of getting rid of it.

The Bad - The nurse practitioner who I saw about the boil telling me that 5 portions of fruit and veg a day would prevent me from getting boils and was very negative about VLCDs and very dismissive. However when I told her that I had reduced my BMI from 40+ to under 30 by reducing my weight by over 5 stones in 4 months and felt better than I had in years she actually wished me luck with the rest of the diet and stopped telling me how bad it was! That is the first conversation I have had on this diet with someone who was very vocally against vlcds - guess I am lucky to only have come across one!!!

Right, am off to find a bag to go on my head for work tomorrow!!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. babycake

babycake Please kick my butt!!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Undecided
    My good - beautiful long strong nails
    My Bad - My hair falling out
    The ugly - the boil on my bum (so i cant sit comfortably :)

4. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Hi Wales
    I have encountered a few negative remarks from nurses about VCLD's - being a nurse myself I also recall that in my days of attending Lighterlife, there were a number of nurses, pharmacists and other health care practitioners following the diet. So don't worry; there will be plenty of time in the future for the famous '5 a day'.
    As for today:
    Good - won some Benefits goodies (I love that range)
    Bad - I have to organise a cream cakes session for work on Friday
    Ugly - would a photo of my ex-boyfriend count, ha ha!

5. babycake

babycake Please kick my butt!!

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.29%)
    Diet:
    Undecided
    Bling - Does he resemble a boil? its a running theme on this thread so far LOL

6. Wales

Wales Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I know, what is it with the boils? Perhaps it is more like the plague than swine flu???

I did say to the nurse that in fact my mum was a Practice Nurse and in the 90s they used to treat patients with Lipotrim out of the surgery. She wasn't interested though!!

7. mrsessex

mrsessex Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Joining the spot gang

Have a huge spot on my chin really attractive as I never ever get spots !!!! Arrrggghhh

8. Blingbabe

Blingbabe Back On Track!

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    -2st6lb(-16.27%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Lol! The specific ex-boyf I am recalling did have a particularly large, red and shiny face, so there was a more than passing resemblance to a boil.
    But it seems I have somehow been punished for my unpleasant references to this unfortunate chap - a spot on my chin has emerged.
    Serves me right!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.