The Green Tea Week Challenge!

Did well yesterday (day 1 for me) with 3 cups. Running a bit late today, only just finished my 1st cup of the day but will make sure to have 2 more later. Have moved on to green tea with lemon, it's nicer but not too strong a fruity taste which is good for me.

I've done rubbish with the tea challenge today, I just bought cans of diet coke so I had two of those which is naughty as I try and limit myself to one a day. Ah well. I've had one mug of white tea and one mug of green tea brewed with fennel seeds.

Tomorrow, I think I'll stick to green tea and fennel. One positive side-effect I've noticed since brewing the fennel seeds is that I am, er, decidedly less windy...

Had my three today. :) definitely prefer the one with lemon.

Managed four today. Can't have it too late in the day though. The caffeine does me no favours when trying to sleep at night! Lol.

Sealmylips said:
I find the weeks i drink green tea avidly that i lose atleast 2lbs more than say if i was having a hot day in summer and drank ice cold water ;)

I love my Greem tea, i'm also partial to a cup of Cinnamon and Spiced Apple tea before bed and i adore Earl Grey with Vanilla - all the family think i am weird lol! x

Vanilla earl is what I call normal tea in my house lol people think that's wierd! I love tea always have at least 10 or more different boxes on the go at any time, I like variety! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Try a slice of lemon in your lemon green tea makes it taste so much nicer! And as someone said allow the kettle to cool slightly before you put it in, boiling water scorches the leaves making it taste bitter and this is what puts many people off drinking it!! Going to make an effort to drink more green tea this week :) x

Managed 3 cups yesterday + have just boiled the kettle for my first cup of the day :) enjoying this challenge much more than I thought I would :)

About to have my third cup. Really enjoying this! Might make it a permanent thing.

Try a slice of lemon in your lemon green tea makes it taste so much nicer! And as someone said allow the kettle to cool slightly before you put it in, boiling water scorches the leaves making it taste bitter and this is what puts many people off drinking it!! Going to make an effort to drink more green tea this week :) x

You'd be lucky :D Boil the kettle at my workplace and people come out the woodwork and empty it within seconds. Id have to put it in my cup and let it cool there. :D

I'd like to join you please.
I was going to wait until I go shopping next week but I've decided to get some tomorrow instead. I'm slightly impatient!

I've had two mugs of green tea and fennel today and I'm on track to have my third before bed. I'm really enjoying it, I don't tend to like green tea on its own and brewing it up with fennel seeds in a tea strainer is making a massive difference to the flavour.

piX128 said:
ohhh.. ps. Im sure someone's already said it but remember not to use boiling water for green tea otherwise it can be really bitter. Leave it to cool for a little while before making x

Thanks, I tried this today & it was much better. I still had to force it down a little bit but it was less bitter.

If only vanilla chai speeded up weight loss!

Xx

Hiya all, I'm jumping on the bandwagon too...hope you don't mind. This is my 2nd time round doing slimming world and I had good losses of 3 or 4 lbs when I drank green tea before. Just had my first cup today with weigh in due on Wednesday. So let's see how we go. I'll try for 3 per day minimum so 1 down, 14 to go.

Just made my first green tea of the day, green tea + pomegranate yummy!
Hope all have a good day!!

Back