The Green Tea Week Challenge!

Purplebint said:
Oh I would love chilled bottle of Rose right now.

I'm having green tea instead of my normal morning brew and then maybe another one after dinner but I'm struggling to drink too many hot drinks too. I've been drinking lots of Pear Drops flavoured squash instead :)

Sound nice

Well done Tea drinkers today :)

Update on Teapigs..... the 3 I've tried so far, I've liked but wont be buying again:
Breakfast tea/Everyday tea
Chocolate flake tea
Roobois creme caramel

Glad I bought the little testers now, although they worked out more per cup at least I didnt splash out for a whole box!

Still trying to work out whether white tea works as well as green tea, and found these articles, which were interesting, and appear to back up the theory of 3 cups a day helping weight loss:

White Tea Vs. Green Tea For Weight Loss | LIVESTRONG.COM

http://www.whiteteacentral.com/whiteteaweightloss.html

Dont know how well sourced the info is, but there seems to be a wealth of detail available suggesting these green and white teas do indeed aid weight loss. Having said that, I had a sneaky mid-week weigh & found I'd put on this week, so who knows!
:p

Done rubbish this week on this. I did buy 3 boxes of whitard green tea tho, plus more brands from Asda. I've had a awfully week....court, job interview and a nasty sinus cold....next week I'm going to hit it hard. Week before I had min 3 cups day and lost 3lb...this week I think I've had just 3 cups the whole week so will know how it effects weight Wen I weigh in on Sunday.......if the cold dsnt kill me off lol

Cheers I'm hoping I've given the cold to the people at court and if I don't get the job hopefully the interview panel will have caught it aswell....and I've been going to work still so customers should get it.....a bonus I guess.....I like to share lol. Court was bcuz dvla said I didn't send new owner form off when I sold my car over a year ago Wen I did, but I missed all the warnings as I didn't live at address any more. I've put some lemon green tea in my bag for work....will try n get some down me lol

Finished my box of green tea with lemon (can't believe I've had 80 teabags since I started the challenge!!!) so now using up my regular green tea. Once I've finished that I'll start the one with lemongrass that I bought the other week.

Had my 3 cups today.

haha yeah I know it's not great but I don't really mind it.

Results for first week of GT challenge: inconclusive..... Lost a lb on WI today, but stayed pretty much on track all week - except for the fact that I'd had c.65 syns by Sunday.... Tried to balance that out by having no syns all week until yesterday. GT / WT total for 5 days: 3 days x 3 cups, 2 days x 2 cups.

Not exactly controlled experiment conditions! Let's see how next week goes! :rolleyes:

I think I'm going to give this a go - love my tea, but hate having to use my HEA for it every day!

Beenie said:
I think I'm going to give this a go - love my tea, but hate having to use my HEA for it every day!

It's great for not using your hea but I don't think it does anything for my weight loss. Plus it's good for making sure I'm drinking water

Hiya everyone, wondered if I could join your challenge too? I've set myself I target of 3 beakers per day (am using 400ml previously boiled water & 1 bag per drink) then drinking either warm or cold when I get round to it lol

Day 1: 3 beakers done! X

Back