The heat is on!!!! WEDDING!!!

Hiya I think your can't put an avitar on till you post 50 times????? Think that's right so start chatting x

Thanks sididd I have the option there to upload one but it just keeps saying invalid file when I try - So not sure????? I will work it out eventually. Thanks again for replying x

Ohhhhh ohhhh ohhhh has it added it????? X

Attachments

• image-1954186379.jpg
    image-1954186379.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 64

Yes it has, it is lovely very elegant. I love black and white cakes, well I do when someone else is decorating them because when I'm doing them I turn into a right sweary Mary!!!!!! But it's always worth it in the end. x

Haha I don't know where I get the patience u have none elsewhere!!!! I rebooted my phone....... Down the hallway seems to have worked! Let's try another.....

My bouquet....

X

Attachments

• image-3519205982.jpg
    image-3519205982.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 62
jan9209 said:

Absolutely stunning x

Let's hope the bride is stunning ;( haha! I'm showing off now......

Dress!!

X

Attachments

• image-377777666.jpg
    image-377777666.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 81
Gorgeous cake Jan, did you changed your mind on the spots then? and is it a small wedding? I love weddings as well and I am papercraft demonstrator, so I do plenty of cardmaking, invites etc. I would love to see your invites as well *wink*
Here's my blog in case you fancy a nosey

Thanks all :) spots? I must have typoed somewhere lol! I used to make gift sets and always been crafty Luke my mum so no ones shocked I'm doing it all lol only small wedding 40 folk can't wait! I will defo have a wee nosey of :)

Wow the dress is beautiful you will look stunning, sorry I missed it before I had to go and organise stuff for tomorrow. x

I missed these photos! Lovely dress. I'm amazed at your making your own cake, and very impressed of course. As you're going for sponge cake, does that mean it's a fairly last minute thing to do?

Like you, I can't abide fruit cake (actually it's the marzipan which bothers me most and it's not very ladylike to sit and pick it out in public!). As I'm marrying in France, I'm going for the French traditional pièce montée and will be buying it from the local baker. Something like this:
Résultats Google Recherche d'images correspondant à http://www.macultureconfiture.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/piece-montee-pyramide.jpg

only much smaller as there'll only be 10 of us. (50 at the drinks + nibbles do immediately after the ceremony.)

:)

Offttt I can't stand fruit cake!!! Yes I will be making it 2 days before bit nervous but I stay across the road from m&s if it goes wrong lol I'm quite a good baker so should be ok, fingers crossed!!!

Awww your cake is so cute!!! I would eat it all but as it looks picky and I love to pick haha, look at us wee Dukan brides lol x

Jan you could make the cake in advance and freeze it, most professional cake decorators do this particularly when doing carved/shaped cakes. It makes it easier to level and divide into layers if it is still slightly frozen, then I leave it to come to room temperature before I fill and cover the cake. It also makes the sponge really lovely and moist to eat, I know it sounds strange but it really does work. I just thought it might reduce the stress a little. Katie x

Hi Katie, I did think to do that but freezing cake freaks me out lol plus it's really simple to make no intricate detail or anything so I'll accept the challenge! Haha but thanks for your input :) I'm making insides for my invites today keeping me cheery x

For my invitations, I printed a Powerpoint double sided presentation on thick paper. I couldn't resist having the below on it... and a photo of our weekend home in the country ;)

I'm not artistic unfortunately! Yours will be very original!

Attachments

• wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Haha the picture is funny! Mine will prob look like something from art attack but my family wouldn't expect anything else lol

You got most things planned? X

How annoying! I just typed a reply and it disappeared when I pressed "post"!

Yes I think I'm pretty much there. A few odds and ends to buy (tights/stockings!), organise the "something new/old" etc stuff while I'm in England in June and might need to borrow things. I can't quite get my head around the organisation of the morning of the big day, so I'll probably turn into a real Bridezilla then organising everyone! (Un?)fortunately, I'll have a houseful of guests arriving a few days before and staying a few days after, so a long queue for the loo and bathroom on the morning itself AND I chose 11am to do the deed so as to have time for the traditional French drinks and nibbles event with virtually the entire village, before we sneak off for our reception with close friends and family only at 1pm... It's going to be a busy morning, and might involve a trip to the bakery to pick up the nibbles... decisions decisions. They'll deliver, but the French are notorious time keepers in general and, if the food were to be delivered to the hall, someone would have to hang around over there waiting... oh and a French speaking car driving someone too (probably me!!). I'm sure it'll click into place!

How are you doing? You've longer to go but more guests to the reception... have you chosen your meal?

Offfft your brave having all of those people stay whilst getting ready!!!! Sounds like its all in hand though, we can calm each other down nearer the time :) I'm calm just now but few things came that I don't like for the invites they look bit crap now :( trying not to get upset going to jump to craft shop see what I can find to make them better!!!

I'm so jealous your getting married on France I bet your pics will be stunning ( well they will be stunning anyway as you will be in them ! ;)

What's your dress like?

We have chosen a meal so far but going to sample it in June see what it's like xxx

What do we think for first attempt???? The banner says wedding invitation in silver but can't see it on pic :) x

Attachments

• image-3297942562.jpg
    image-3297942562.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 71
Back