The Highs and Lows of Development

Essential Reading - AJ's Management and Maintenance Diaries (LONG due to lots of posts but so, so, so informative) and Betty Boo's Management Diary. They're important because there are some useful Development lessons within them. (But they essential for any LLer, I think)

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/8093-ajs-ll-management-journey.html

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/13136-ajs-maintenance-journey-part-1-a.html

http://www.minimins.com/lighter-life-forum/16847-betty-boo-management-journey.html

Wow, you really couldn't sleep could you! Will have a look at these threads later, thanks very much for taking the time to put them down here.

I think my boredom was actually covering loneliness too. Although I like it when DH is away and DD is in bed it isn't helpful when I need someone to talk to. The other day DH told me he would count the chocolate biscuits when he got up and if I had eaten any he would be very disappointed. I think he can read my mind, its spooky! Anyway I didnt eat one but I would have if he hadn't said this. When he isn't there I don't have that extra bit of discipline and can basically do what I want with no fear of being discovered. He is getting better at discussing my issues with me too and it does make a difference.

I will post my next thought record on here if no-one minds. I know there isn't technically such a thing as a wrong one BUT the feedback will be useful ie have I taken it far enough, I obviously didn't with the last one I did as I have only just analysed it.

I am meeting a friend at 1pm who emigrated to Australia last year. I haven't told her I am on a diet and the last time she saw me I was 18 stone 6 (on my scales), today I am 12 stone 1/2lb (again on my scales) so I am hoping she will have quite a lot to say about it!

Thanks MrsL

Thanks for starting the thread.

I have seriously struggled lately and since I started development 5 weeks ago I have lost 9 lbs and put on twice. My own fault and I am not trying to shift the blame but I feel abandoned.

The 3 of us who went into development from our foundation group joined an existing development group and, since then the original ones have just stopped coming. I don't know if it is us joining the group or they have just been coincidentally busy. The last 2 weeks it has just been the 3 of us. Which would have been okay but the other 2 have now started management (they are coming to the developers group because the management night doesn't suit them). I am totally on my own - struggling and have more than 6 stone to go...

I am determined to succeed but I feel pretty isolated right now. (This online support is good but doesn't always hit the spot with me.)

I am holding onto the fact that a friend at work has decided to join and starts this week. With a new and focused friend I might be able to drag myself back onto the wagon...

Hi all & hugs! Its tough going post 100 days! I culd have chopped of a collegues arm for her toast this am and NEARLY had a bit but resisted! Feeling very tired which is always a trigger for me; also quite a tough/long day in work so all in all very happy its Friday! Watching BB & chilling! Cant be arsed to do nails or anything & dotty cat is assisting by lying on my left arm! Despite having been born here, lived with her mummy sister & me forever she is a very needy cat & sometimes cant get close enough!
I agree that LL realy need to look at development & I think the money they charge for a lesser service on all counts is quite shocking really. This is also psychologically the most testing time because you get the end of 100 days & then ...oh great...more of the same! Plus people are noticing/commeting more (something LL dont address - or the increased male attention!) and this can lull you into a false sence of security. No a definate fall down there and the scrapbook is a joke - why so big & so cheap & thin looking?! Anyway, survived another day....tummy getting very odd shape (hanging!) & go to bed pooped but satisfied. Hang in there girls WE CAN DO IT!

Sarah’s long-winded analogy for development and management using photography...

I’ve had a big old think about this and then it struck me – we are in something called ‘development’ which is a very vague term and I don’t think LL have actually made the best of what can be a very enlightening period. (Let’s not look at the grinding agonies right now, shall we?)

Stage 1: Using the camera and taking all the pictures - Foundation
This is Foundation – you’re out there – you’re figuing out how it works you doing things, you know you have to take 36 pictures to complete the roll – it’s finite, you know how long it is…until you hit the final frame and you have to go…

Stage 2: Into the darkroom - Development

Imagine you had just gone out and shot your first roll of film. You’ve learnt how to handle a camera, you’ve tried different styles of photography, you’ve got out there and done something and now you have a roll of film. Some people get to hand their roll in at the chemists, but you’ve decided to make your own negatives and print your own pictures so that you can understand photography better (can you see where I’m going with this?)

Let’s look at development not as a punishment, but an opportunity to revisit all the lessons we learned whilst we were out there in foundation. We may need to revisit some of the practices and ideas more than once, but take confidence and comfort in the well researched fact that bad habits take approximately 90 days to break – so we should have pretty much cracked some of our addictive behaviour – of course we haven’t eradicated it, but we have implemented control.

When you develop negatives you are creating the blueprint for your future prints – whatever you do here will be the foundation for what your prints (or end result) comes out like. If you rush it, or open the door too soon or get the chemical processing wrong, you’ll risk wiping the negs and you’ll have to go out and take more photos. Development is very much like this in that you have to stick to the rules – in a darkroom neg processing happens in total darkness. You also have to follow the formulas precisely – no cheating to get the tried and tested results! You may want to revisit the basic principles at this point – reread the pamphlet – you’d be amazed at how many people completely ignore the fact that they are supposed to be walking 10000 steps a day (approx 4-500 calories a day). That is equivalent to just under a 1lb fat loss each week – if you’re only walking 5000 steps – over 20 weeks you’ve missed out on about 9 lbs – that’s another 3 weeks on the plan! Some people start nibbling on protein or using milk – I’m not making any judgement calls or naming any names here, but the idea behind abstinence is just that – you are not here to eat and you are trying to kick an addiction so you have to sit with the pain and observe why you are feeling ‘need’ and not try to numb it with any sort of nibbling. Stick to the rules and your negatives will be clear and sharp!

• The darkroom is a scary place, during the first steps you sometimes have to work in the dark and alone with the doors shut. Trust the process, it works
  • When in doubt, stick to the rules – the answers have already been given to you and you have used them successfully in foundation – you might think you have mastered something, but development teaches you what you need to go back and do more work on. This is the most important part of your journey – if you do the necessary work here, you will maintain.
Stage 3: Deciding on your print size and focusing

I suppose this is the goal setting part. The great thing about developing your own photos is that you can decide how big they are, what bits to crop out – you can even get a little creative and make the edges fuzzy or use silhouettes and cut outs if you want. The important thing when making a print is focusing – you have to focus the image precisely on the paper so that the image is sharp and clean and looks the way you want it to. You need to visualise what you want and keep it very sharp and right at the front of your mind. If you are unclear about numbers or sizes – think about what you want to do – a dream – one of the dreams I had through development was getting to an acceptable weight to ride one of the Hyde Park stables horses – I haven’t done it yet, but I got to the goal because I visualised it and saw it sharply. I also knew I wanted to get into a particular dress I had had my eye on since January. I never suspected that not only would it still be available in July, but that it would be at a sale price – I’m slightly too big for it now – but I pushed the boundaries and have decided that I am not going to stop abstinence until that baby fits me perfectly. It is the goal and the investment in myself that is making me stick to my guns at this stage. My image is sharply focused on the paper. It has become clearer and clearer as I have got closer to management to the degree that I am actually going to a top London hair salon I always felt too fat to deserve before and then I am going to try on the size medium Vivienne Westwood dress tomorrow and if it fits, wear it to my photoshoot. If I have that picture in my hand I can review it – assess how I feel about my body image right now, refocus and make sure I have my goals firmly set for the endgame.

If you do not know what your goals should be, start with what you want and then see if you can determine a rough weight or BMI or dress size that would make that happen. Whether it’s a pair of 28 inch waist jeans (jeans that you buy by waist size – remember them?!) or a pair of thigh high boots or you’ve always wanted a handmade corset or just to know that you can try on a size 12 in any shop without worrying about having to whisper ‘can I try this in a 14?’

Whatever makes you grit your teeth and roll up your sleeves and get on with it is your focus point. Mine is fashion (although it does run a bit deeper than that I promise – I always held my career back because I believed that I needed to look good to succeed in the arts – and it turns out that I now have that confidence and openness to succeed – it’s not just the vanity aspect, the fact that I have cracked a major conundrum through sheer guts and determination and perseverance counts for so much more than the pounds and inches lost) – you might have a more meaningful, personal purpose than being a dress size – you may want to be fit for your children or you may want to be slim enough to go potholing – look for your dream – your true north on your personal compass – what will you be saying about yours life and what you enjoyed most when you are 80 years old?

Set your goals. Find a quiet place inside you and breathe and ask yourself what you really want. Write lists of what you love and who you are and what makes you happy. You can ask for anything – if you were your best friend, what would you give ‘you’ as a present at this stage.

I sort of see the next phase as being management as it’s all about the vision becoming a reality but parts of it apply to the development process too.

Step 4: Exposure

I’ll keep this one brief as it’s a bit of a technical anaology, but once you have focused the image, you have to expose the paper to the light – this is all a question of timing. Exposure can be tricky – it can damage the image – getting it wrong can make the print look terrible – you can over or under expose – but the great thing about it is that at this stage you can try it in lots of different ways until you get it right. It can make you feel vulnerable because you finally begin to get an idea of what your print will look like.

• Decide what you want
  • When you have decided make the image as sharp and as clear as you possible can
Remember, if you get the exposure wrong and your print doesn’t turn out the way you want it to, you can always redo this step, in photography and in life – just reset the goals get a new piece of paper and start again.

Stage 4: Developing – The patience to let it dry and handling the print carefully

So once you’ve put the paper through the various chemicals and hung it out to dry, you have to be patient with it whilst all the processing you’ve put it through takes effect – you can’t rush the stages or you’ll get blurs and streaks. If something annoys you or makes you impatient with yourself or the diet, breathe and slow down – have patience with yourself and others and what you are putting yourself through.

• Follow the tried and tested processes
  • Don’t rush it
  • Handle yourself carefully (look after yourself well)
Step 5: Displaying your work

Choices, choices! How do you want to frame your final picture? A big gilt edged one? A nice minimalist but chic glass frame – this is all your choice. This is all about how you decide to display the new you – decide on what the new package is – maybe look at rebranding yourself! At this stage you can start to say to yourself and the world what you believe you truly are. You can begin to project what you want to be. One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was from an MD at a major investment bank – her performance reviews always said that she wasn’t strong enough and she thought to herself ‘I’m a black, female Harvard MBA – I couldn’t have got to where I am today without being strong’ so she decided to start using the word ‘strong’ to describer herself. When she would speak in meetings she would begin her comments with ‘Well, as a strong person…’ and within a year all of her appraisals came back with compliments about what a strong person she was. She had changed nothing about her working style, she had merely repackaged herself by positive reinforcement! Make sure you keep dusting your frame and keep the glass clean – take care of your masterpiece!

• The finishing point – recognise that you have finished and achieved. Maybe buy yourself a small locket and have it engraved with the date you hit your goal or a personal message. Maybe write yourself a certificate with the date you hit your goal – maybe ask a couple of close friends to write you a letter or congratulatory card that you can have as a keepsake.
  • Decide how you want to be from this day forward – realise that you have the choice to be exactly who you want to be and that you are in the driving seat of your life from now on.
Awards and rewards – to the victor the spoils!
I have been thinking about this long and hard and suddenly a strange strange answer came to me…I think that my achievements on this programme have been huge – and I remembered how at speech day at school I would usually walk away with some sort of trophy for speaking or writing or drama. What if I awarded myself a trophy for my amazing achievement this year? I could have it engraved with a personal message or quote to myself and keep it on display with a picture of me at goal. I really want to celebrate one of the greatest successes of my life as gloriously as I possibly can. If I hit a goal, I should reward myself in a way that excites the inner child in me. My inner child loved trophies and medals and prizes for achievements. I don’t get nearly enough of that these days. The trophy, although a tad cheesy, would be a great stroke! (although something tells me that something gorgeous engraved from Tiffany would be interesting too!)

What do we do after we’ve won? – Get out there and take more pictures!

Now you’ve achieved this, what are you going to do next? You are now a successful person – and success breeds more success. Can you let that filter through into the other parts of your life? Is there anything else you can change in a similar way? Any other project you always dreamed of doing but couldn’t because you lacked the confidence or thought you were physically incapable of doing it – or was there anything you were putting off until you dealt with the more important project of getting to be slim? Or do you need a rest?

And don’t forget that the principles you’ve learned need to be carried around with you for the rest of your life – you are a success and you can easily maintain that success using the little toolbox full of lessons and tricks and ideas that you’ve lovingly assembled over the last few months.

Cerulean, thank you. Your analogy is just perfect and one I am going to print out and re-read when the need arises.

Fab! Looking fwd to your book, it will be a great read!

Excellent, thanks. I have printed it out also:)

BTW saw my friend from Australia yesterday. Her reaction was great - She opened the door and screamed when she saw me, she kept saying "youre half the person you were" and that she couldn't stop looking at me. She kept hugging me too and said how worried she had been about me.

Was worth doing just for that reaction!

Well done Cerulean for an excellent piece about...Development, Management and life beyond.

Helen - fantastic moment for you!

Hoorah!

I'll write up our Development sessions v.soon! xxx

LOVING the development posts!
Sarah - that was a mammoth post but brilliant :D

Re the 'what can they do to make Development more compelling/motivating etc?' question, how about exclusive 'only available on Development, foodpack flavours?' Surely this is a no brainer? For me the practicalities of Foundation are over in a very short time, yeah I have packs, I can now turn them into mini sculptures if required, there is nothing I can't transform a bag of mushroom flavoured dust into blah blah... I've always been more focused on the emotional side, but exclusive Development packs! It would just be brilliant right now for me. (I'm adding that to the 'you can charge me later for all of this LL' list)

So, I had my WI and have lost the grand total of 1lb in 3 weeks. How has this happened?
Well, I don't actually think I've been in ketosis at all due to the see sawing on packs-off packs behaviour.

My LLC was actually really helpful, and yesterday I spoke with her, my Doc, my other external support people and my Trainer and I feel like I'm back. I'm not beating myself up at all. I've had 3 bad weeks out of 22. My Doc said I am definitely being too hard on myself and he's right. I've not gained any weight. I've lost! A very measly 1lb, but I've not set myself back at all - merely stalled for a very short time. I feel ok. Almost good! But definitely 'back'.

My losses have slowed beyond recognition in Development. My LLC definitely thinks it's the bars. I have been ordering too many and I know it. So we agreed yesterday that I'm definitely in Development for one more month. And I'm only ordering 7 bars a week for the next month, and she's committed to not letting me order any more than this. (I've been ordering 14 and fluctuating madly with them - some days not having any and some days having 3, it's not been helpful)

I've got to up my water intake. It's been minimal.
All of these things I KNOW! I did have a moment of, 'how come in 22 weeks I'm actually re-living some of the basic principles?' But it's exactly what I need to do. Get the packs down in liquid form as much as poss, drink more water and stop over doing it on the bars. We do know all of this stuff inside and out don't we?

I need to get into the 12st range. It's vital that I get into this range asap. I've not been here for so long and have been hovering now at 13st 5 for what feels like forever.

I've probably been doing too much at the gym (Sorry Mrs L - I so want to remain your Gym motivator!!) I'm going to cut down to 1 session a week with my PT and we need to go back a bit on my programme. He's killing me right now and I just don't have enough in my system to make it work. After my last session I had to go to bed when I got home such were the overwhelming levels of body shock! He wants me to eat something before training and this is just not an option on the mental front. So, that's sorted and on the plan too.

What else?

Erm, I feel re-focused after my 3 week wobbler. I needed the break I think. Not that I was eating for 3 weeks of course, but enough on and off behaviour to do my head in but also push me to actually making some plans and setting some hardcore goals.
I feel like my usual LL self in terms of mental approach. i want to finish this, there really is no other option.

I bought a workbook a while back called "The Food and Feelings Workbook" (you've got to love that for a title!) It's pretty hardcore on the emotional front and I actually found it incredibly difficult to work through. I can see now that that was because I was SO mentally strong and focused! Now that I've actually hit real problems and experienced all manner of things that I hadn't since starting LL, I'm going to re-open the workbook and start getting through it.
I shall report back! And maybe set some of the Developers some of the F&F's workbook exercises!

Mrs L - thanks for posting all of the links, I'm going to get through them when I can.

Keep posting Developers - your fellow LL'ers need you :D

Hello Fellow Developers

TG - You are STILL my gym motivator!! Loved your post, even though you've been through the mill a bit. Been there and done it myself, of course.

Anyway, here's a Development Exercise, which I promised to post - more to follow, as and when. IF this doesn't make sense, shout and I will amend because I haven't actually finished this exercise myself but when I have, I will write it up for my blog and then it might be clearer.

So, here goes:

Draw a large circle with 16 segments in it, which represent 16 hours in a day, assuming you sleep for eight (fat chance, but never mind!).

Think about the different roles you have/you play in your life.
For example, colleague, friend, daughter, tenant, mother, wife, partner, neighbour, sister, LighterLifer...

Which roles take the most priority?

Write down a list of your different roles.

Draw these roles on your pie chart and indicate how much time is spent being in each role on a typical day. For example, if you are at work all day, are you a colleage/a boss/a partner/a sole trader? And for how many hours. I spend, for example, at least 10 hours a day being a colleague/sole trader and a project manager (for the house) but zero hours right now being a dog owner because she is staying with my mother as the B&B has a no pets rule, sadly.

Once you have done this - with all sections covered - ask yourself how much time do you have just to yourself, time that is yours to decide how to spend the "me" role?
(For me, it's the time blogging/writing.)

Which roles are the first and last to get dropped when you are under pressure?

In which roles would you like to increase the amount of time you spend doing/being?

In which roles would you like to decrease the amount of time you spend doing/being them?

Draw a second circle/wheel to represent how you would LIKE to spend your time, one year from now, when you are managing your desired weight.
What do you want to be?

Ask yourself the following questions:

What do you see about yourself from this activity?

What might need to happen for you to achieve this new balance?

What could you start today?

Are you more effective when you make time for yourself?

Use this new pie chart to help you set up some new goals, now that you have a clear idea of where and how you want to be in 12 months' time.

wow! This is good stuff & I love the photography analagy Sarah! This bit is SOO tough but we can SO do it & get to where we want to be. OK so some have wobbled, fallen of but the important thing is learning through it & picking up the tools for later. I know with absolute certainty that when I eat I will NEVER go back to the way I was before. I'm not going to ban anything but all things in moderation.
Someone called me an inspiration the other day and it didnt really sink in. Noone has ever said that about me & I wouldnt about myself, even though I have achieved a fair amount in my life & have overcome some pretty difficult hurdles along the way. What I realised was that I feel I do really feel that I am really finding me. For the first time ever I feel happy with who I am. Yes I have weight left to loose but feel reenergised that the end is close and know that I can do this. Thank you all for such lovely heartfelt posts. They really do make a difference!

Hi Girls

Well, I took the plunge and fed back some thoughts to my LLC (about Development), who was very receptive and has asked for more! Hooray.

Re: Development and how/what LighterLife is doing about/handling this, I think if we can all - as individuals - go via our own LLCs, this will be more effective - as well as posting on here. I am going to summarise the issues, the suggestions, etc and pass them on..

In the meantime, I just posted - straight after Cerulean and ISOM, spooky or what (?!), on someone who is struggling with abstinence.

I'm beginning to 'get' it, the whole 'don't break abstinence' stance and I drew comparisons with running a marathon and I think that Development is like the infamous wall. You have to go through it to the other side. It just came to me as I was writing.

I did a thought record today about why I continue to argue with my husband and, in the way that thought records go, I had a revelation about other areas of my life! I realise that so much of my behaviour around Development has been based on the fact that I never thought I could 'do' this to the end. I was scared I would fail and scared if I succeeded because either way, the outcome would test me! Either handling the fact that I bailed out early OR the fact that I finally succeeded at something that I have been battling (sorry, negative language but you know what I mean) for so very many years!

I'm beginning to see that I want the equivalent of a medal for doing this - I am changing my motivation from an 'away from' situation to a 'towards' one. I want to sprint to the finish line and collect...something.

So, I shall be taking a leaf out of Cerulean's book and focusing on some end of Development rewards. This is a major shift in my thinking; my motivation to date was I want to finish asap because I DON'T WANT to be doing this diet anymore! Hmmm. Do I run towards something I really, really want or drag my feet to avoid some perceived pain of Development?! Oooh, that's a tough one! Ha ha.

You can guess the rest; I will be telling myself to "just do it"!

Good luck fellow friends on the Development tightrope; we CAN do this! Yes, we can!

Mrs L xxxxxx

Oh Mrs L...I can't thank you enough! You've given me a true lightbulb moment.

"I don't want to be doing this diet anymore"

I am the most away from person ever! I always see what I don't like first, and I always know what I don't want to do first. So whilst I know all of this, I'm not sure how I missed the fact that I have been running the thought of "I don't want to be doing this diet anymore" for a very, very , very long time. No wonder I crashed!
I want to get to the end of this and emerge as a slim and gorgeous creature. Brilliant. However, the belief that's running alongside this is "I don't want to be doing this diet anymore" Well that's not going to work is it?!

So - a bit of reframing is in order. The best way to deal with an away from person is to simply ask them what they'd rather have, so this is what I'd rather have...

I want to be able to enjoy the last month or 2 of this process. The last 5 months have flown by and been mainly made up of anxiety, insight, hard work, discovery and the strongest desire to reach the end.
So for this last stretch I'd rather have a much more active conscious approach to what I'm doing. Enjoy it, keep on learning, and above all stay abstinent.
This is what I'd rather have.

Phew. Sometimes it really is the simplest stuff that gives the biggest insight! I need to go and do a lot more work on this one.
Thanks Mrs L :D x x x

just catching up.....had to, as slipped again!

I have lapsed again today. Not really sure why, so must ensure I do a thought record very soon. hopefully this will help me to identify the reasons behind me eating lots of ham, even more cheese, a piece of my own home made pizza and several chocolate biscuits. I have had no LL packs at all today and I am very hungry, without the protection of ketosis now. Should I have a pack do you think, or wil that compound my mistake and make my WI even more traumatic?

I am feeling ashamed of myself, but I know I am not alone and definately not about to throw in the towel just yet. (makes a change, huh!)

This morning i had an odd encounter with OH, and I know the ensuing discussion was postponed until later.....later is about now I guess. (We have no physical relationship, my fault, always blamed on my fat, but now thats going the problem is still there, obviously in my head....) Maybe I subconsciously decided that my (fat) security blanket was dropping away, and I need it. Who knows? Def one for the TR.

Development is so so much harder than I ever imagined it would be. It can be tough keeping the goals in sight, as the weight drops away. New found confidence and ability to shop as a normal person can allow the child in us to loudly request that "You've had your turn, what about what I want then?" I am exceedingly lucky that I do have a great LLC, who does seem to genuinely care about all of us and puts lots into running her groups. I think I will have a chat with her, particularly now, as my hols are so close and I dont want to mess this up just for the sake of a couple of weeks in the sun with a jug of Sangria!

In haste but wanted to share this inspiration with you before I go to work. There I was happily waking from my usual deep sleep with the lovely Sarah Kennedy (on he radio not in bed with me I hasten to add) & by some miracle I actually heard the lyrics to this "take that" Let it shine...Girls, this is for us! This is OUR time!

Read, listen & celebrate!

Lyrics

"You, you're such a big star to me
You're everything I wanna be
But you're stuck in a hole and I want you to get out
I don't know what there is to see
But I know it's time for you to leave
We're all just pushing along
Trying to figure it out, out, out.

All your anticipation pulls you down
When you can have it all, you can have it all.

So come on, come on, get it on
Don't know what you're waiting for
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey
So come on
See the light on your face
Let it shine
Just let it shine
Let it shine.

Stop being so hard on yourself
It's not good for your health
I know that you can change
So clear your head and come round
You only have to open your eyes
You might just get a big surprise
And it may feel good and you might want to smile, smile, smile.

Don't you let your demons pull you down
'Cause you can have it all, you can have it all.

So come on, so come on, get it on
Don't know what you're waiting for
Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey
So come on
See the light on your face
Let it shine
Just let it shine
Let it shine.

Hey let me know you
You're all that matters to me
Hey let me show you
You're all that matters to me.

so come on,come on,get it on
don't know what you waiting for
your time is coming don't be late hey hey
so come on, see the light on your face
let it shine
just let it shine
let it shine

Hey let me love you
You're all that matters to me
Hey so come on yeah
Shine all your light over me"

Thought it would be nice to have the DVD so looked, watched & cried! The staires are for me such a representative of the journey on LL. It seems so daunting when you stand at the bottom & look up but when they play at the top it feels like I do now; that I've conquered & my heart really, truely is celebrating. Despite the fact that I still am fat in real terms!

Enjoy &...,corny though it most certainly is, "LET IT SHINE!"

YouTube - Take That - Shine

Turned up to development last nigth and yet again there was just the 3 of us from our foundation group. No one else bothered to show for the 3rd week running.

I do love the two ladies who were in foundation with me but they have both started management and I still have 6 stone to go - so we are not in the same place. Also one of them is a bit dippy and tries to be encouraging but it ends up having the opposite effect on me and winds me up a bit. It's not always about weight loss - last nigth she was talking to me about teaching (she has just retired and I used to teach).

Anyway, my LLC had mooted making the session into a management session but allowing me to keep coming. I hadn't ad any time to think about it and just agreed but I was feeling really down. TBH I was thinking I wouldn't go back and would contact a CDC (I note the one local to me posts on the CD forum). I don't feel I'm getting any support.

She asked how I was feeling and it all came out - how I felt alone on the journey - that there was no-one I could relate to who had a similar amount of weight to lose - and that all I could see was weeks and months of foodpacks stretching ahead of me. Anyway, she suggested I move into teh other developers group and try to fit in there. So I'm starting with them on Wednesday.

Back