The Horrible 'P' Word... Plateau :(

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
Hi calorie counters...

I write in absolute desperation and in need of help!

At only 2lbs away from my goal weight and to put me in a healthy bmi range I've stopped losing weight :(

I've been at 70.5kg for 3 weeks now and this week tried downing my calories from 1100 to 1000 and massively upping my exercise, usually having a net calorie intake that's a minus! And still no weight loss :(

The past two days I've binged as well, not in a horrible way, but in a way that I've just wanted to eat because I've drained my body so much from all the exercise...

Has anybody ever reached a point where they think they should just lay off the weight loss mode for a while to give their body a break? I think I've unknowingly put my body through hell for the past 4 months (even my girly time of the month has stopped!) and maybe should feed it properly for a while and that might kick start my metabolism again?

I'm addicted to the gym and exercising huge amounts, and would say I stick to my calories about 4 out of 7 days a week... (I've tried being good 7 out of 7 and it still doesn't work...)

Literally any help would be MASSIVELY
appreciated, tips on breaking out of a plateau or just words of advice on not giving up...

Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp!! :)

I really hope everyone else is still doing brilliantly!

:break_diet:

Have a break Lozzy, your body needs time to catch up, maybe maintain the weight for a week or so eat a few hundred more calories. Better to be a couple of pounds away from goal for a bit longer than mess around with your body so much that your girly time of the month has stopped.

You are doing this to be healthy as well as look better, perhaps this is your bodies way of saying it doesn't feel too healthy right now.

What does everyone else think?

On a positive note, Lozzy you have done amazingly well and you are an inspiration to me, and that will not change if you have a few weeks off. You will still be AMAZING!!!

xxx

I reckon you should have a break too. You have done an amazing job, and should feel very proud of yourself. I think your body is telling you enough is enough, you need to eat more, and gym less, just for a little while, let your body catch up. Perhaps look at less strenous stuff-pilates and yoga. If your periods have stopped, you need to listen to your body, it's telling you something.(And the semi binges)

Have a break and maybe up your calories for a while. I know it seems counter productive, but I never lost weight when I ate 1,200 calories a day. My range is now between 1,500-1,900 and I am loosing weight again. Maybe look into what your BMR should be and try eating at that or a few hundred bellow that for 2-3 weeks to see what that does. There may be an initial gain but it might kick start your metabolism again and fire it up.

Firstly, well done on your weight loss Lozzy :)

I agree with all the above comments and think you need to listen to your body and give it a rest. Try upping your calories to say 2000 for a week and see what happens.

Yes it's time to give your poor body a bit of a break. It's probably holding onto everything because you're not feeding it enough and exercising like a mad thing. It can't do the basic functions unless you feed it. I've been the same weight for the last 6 weeks and it's just not shifting. I used to throw my hands in the air when this happened and go back on the curry and chocs. Not this time. This is the third time this has happened since November and the plateau is longer than ever. I do not care though, I'm feeding myself lovely nourishing food and moving it and when it's ready it'll shift again.

It will be the same for you, eat enough calories though because as you age you'll need less anyway to maintain. Where will you be aged 50 if you keep having to dock calories just to maintain? I am concerned that your monthly has stopped and you describe your diet as hell. God love you, you have to feed yourself, don't be punishing yourself because of the fat, eat loads of healthy food and your body will reward you but if you starve it, it will pay you back in kind by holding on to all those calories for fear you'll not give it enough to work your heart, lungs, kidneys etc.

Make a friend of food and your body, it's not your enemy, be gentle and kind to yourself. At least 1800 calories a day, real butter, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, seeds, fresh fish, veg, rice, salads, wholegrain bread, fresh fruit, your skin, hair and body will love you for it. Be gentle with yourself and the weight will shift again but not until you reassure your body that you will take care of it!

Are you ok Lozzy? I miss your posts! Sending encouragement and hugs your way. xxx

Lozzy ive only just seen this, and posted in your diary asking where have you gone! Really hope your ok??? I dont really know what advice to give you, as its never happened to me.
I just hope your ok!!! BIG HUGS Lozzzzzzy!!! xxxx

Back