The hunger and cravings do eventually subside/my weight loss journey, 4 weeks on.

Jess1973

It has taken almost 4 weeks to the day(tomorrow actually) for the hunger and cravings to subside. Hang on in there all you new members. Last week I was ready to give up, couldn't sit in the same room as my family when eating. I was going stir crazy sat in on a Saturday night feeling sorry for myself and my non existent social life. This week however, wait for it..I went to a party last night sober, (for the first time in my existence), I stayed there all evening, stayed sober and drank fizzy water, and watched everyone eat pie and peas!!!.Yes pie and pies!! Normally I would have at least 2 portions of it heaped up!.
Every now and then I went to the ladies, not for the loo, just to admire my slimmer physique in the mirror. I was wearing a dress for the first time in quite some time, and I felt good in it. I even attracted some male attention other than my husbands ha.(That's a first for a while too!). I'm happily married but didn't mind the flattery. The weight loss is definately becoming noticable now. I have recruited several lipotrim members at work, not intentionally, just through them enquiring about my weight loss, It feels good knowing my success has inspired others, I find that flattering. I've still a long long way to go, but I realised yesterday that I can enjoy the journey to my goal and not just the end result.

Wow! That is inspirational. Good for getting through the party. I think social events/interaction around food are the thing that scares me the most.

I hope I will stay on this and continue to lose weight, feel better and look better. I know I think noone would find me attractive.

I have a do this week and am dreading sitting watching everyone eating and feeling awkward with nothing. What worries me is that a lot of places don't have the kind of herbal teas we are allowed so I wouldn't be able to order that either. I wonder if it is worth taking some teabags with me and asking them sweetly if they could make it for me?

I know that I want to continue with this diet and continue to lose weight. I want to regain some pride in my appearance. I used to take care of how I looked when I went out the front door (years ago) and now I don't. I need to learn to love myself again.

Its partly to do with my weight and partly to do with getting older. I never imagined being 40 when I was younger. I am having trouble adjusting to seeing an old person in the mirror - I seem to have aged a lot in the last 3 years, and yet I still get told I look a bit younger. I suppose clothes-wise I was always eccentric/hippy/rock chick type but as I got fatter I got more staid because I was always trying to disguise my size.

I long to have more choice but wonder what style is right for me now? I don't want to age myself by trying to dress like a teenager. I suppose that will be part of my journey. I certainly want to rescue myself from this clothes purgatory.

Good for you breaking out of your familiar/comfortable patterns and wearing something you haven't worn for a while!:bunnydance:

Last edited:
That's brilliant news! It's such a great feeling isn't it, when you suddenly realise you're not even wanting food anymore. Ketosis is such a great thing. Long may it continue! :D

I was ordering soda water, I found it less akward not telling people I was not drinking, didn't want them thinking I was a party pooper and not on the same wave length as them. Noone really noticed, I told one or two, and It was a bit of an ice breaker at times talking about the diet. Yes take tea bags if you need to, anything to help you get through the occasion. Like you, I lost all pride in my appearance, stop wearing make-up, lived in clothes that were all a similar style, all designed to cover the bits I didn't like. I went to Ibiza for a few days several weeks ago with a friend, loads of skinny minnies around wearing the clothes I used to wear. For the last few years I have dressed for comfort/to hide the bits I don't like. I have noticed as my confidence has decreased, my insercurities have risen, I've never been a jellouse person before but of late, I've noticed a bit of the green eyed monster coming out in me. For me this was my final straw, I want my confidence and self esteem back. I've knocked it out of myself through over eating. We've started this journey, lets continue it strong willed and we will succeed. Expect good days, and dreadful days, when you feel like quitting just keep coming on here and reading peoples inspirational strories. In the context of our lives, it's a very short time and we can then start living properly! Good luck. x

I think Ketosis only properly kicked in my brain this week ha. Cozza you have done amazingly well looking at your losses. I can't believe you intend to get to 8 stone though? Surely at 9 stone 2 you must be in lower end of ideal range now for your height? I would love to see your before and after pics for inspiration, you have done great!!!

Back