The importance of drinking plenty of water

Kay C

Hi folks

without making myself look thick, does anyone know why we are encouraged to drink lots of water whilst taking xenical, apart from the obvious hydrating effect it has on our bodies, and cleansing from within, does drinking lots of water actually have any other benefits whilst on xenical?

personally, i dont lose weight without drinking enough...

your body needs it to get rid of any toxins etc.... so drinking 3-5 litres a day for me works, but if i dont drink at least that, i dont tend to lose any weight!

Found this on the Internet -

Water and Weight Loss

Water is the number one most important thing to address when it comes to losing weight, because water actually increases your body's ability to metabolize fat. Here's how:

Your liver is the organ that deals with metabolizing fat, and your kidneys deal with straining the toxins out of the water you drink. However, if you do not have enough water in your system already, your kidneys will not be able to do their job. In this case, your body shifts some of the work over to your liver.

We all know what happens when we are working on a project and someone comes over and dumps their half-finished work on the pile; our project doesn't get the attention it needs. Same here. Your liver was dealing with fat, but now it has to do that AND deal with the extra filtering that the kidneys would normally do. So the efficiency of the liver is compromised, and it winds up leaving a lt of fat in your body that normally would have been burned away.

The idea that drinking too much water or a certain temperature of water will make you bloat is a myth. Your body bloats when it is dehydrated because it believes that you aren't going to give it enough water, so it will save what is already there. The ONLY way to deal with bloating is to drink more water. Bloating is a sure sign that you are dehydrated.

It may be inconvenient at first because you will have to pee more often, but the reason that you are running to the bathroom is actually great; your body is finally letting go of all the old, toxic water that its been holding onto. The water that you are drinking is usually not the first water that you excrete after being dehydrated. Now your body knows that you will be replacing the water, so it isn't panicking and storing it, it is letting go to make room for the fresh, clean water you are sending in. After a few days or a week, the bathroom trips will slow down and your body will get into a great rhythm, which includes reduced appetite, more luminous complexion, and better muscle tone, as well as a more efficient metabolism.
Actually, yes. Water itself can't make you lose weight, but it can make you feel full so you eat less food. If you want to lose weight, though, do not drink it while eating a meal because it expands the stomach, allowing you to eat more. Just by itself, though, you can fool your stomach into thinking you have eaten by drinking water. (Please eat though or you will die.)

.. Also, if you drink 8-10 glasses a day, it will help. Not only is it helpful and beneficial to your body, but it will make you urinate more. When you urinate, it cleans out you system.
Okay..
Water is just a method to people to eliminate from the daily nutrition all the sodas because the sodas do collaborate a lot for people to gain weight (because they have a lot of sugar, and the sugar transforms into carbohydrates, and thats what makes people get "fat").
Yes, drinking water does help you loose weight, but eat well and try new things after or before eating. Sometimes when you eat then you exercise well going through puberty, you loose more weight. You also have to remember that everyone is still growing even after they are adults.
Well your body needs water to live and it can get you to loose about 5 pounds. But too much water can kill you. Its almost like drowning you, just inside your body.
Definitely -
Helps to carry waste and toxins out of the system.
Fully hydrated cells function better with more efficiency.
Water helps to carry the fat out of the fat cells so it can be burned for energy.
All our organs function better when fully hydrated including our brains.

thats a very good explination :)

thank you both for your replies, so water really does play its part in weight loss, Kes, can you drink the water with sugar free cordial? The article was very good, thank you Petal1951

thats how i usually drink it, with the double concentrated sugar free squash. :)

yes thats what I have been doing too, making up pint size glasses at a time. I always have two pints of water before I go to bed at night as well, so should be well flushed through!

i make up 500ml bottles and carry them around with me everywhere, and set our 3lts of them to drink throughout the day, and do my best to drink them all.

'My wrist is well and truely slapped'

I don't drink enough water :d'oh:.
Note to self: Drink more water=lose more weight :party0011:.

just out of interest does tea count, or coke zero? cos apart from water I do drink a lot of tea and a can or two of coke zero per day

Apparently yes. But try to drink as much as you can in water or squash

I love my cups of tea, and the water in the tea does count towards the water targets, but as Kes says, it's even better to get the 'real' water in :)

Back