The *It's Spring Super Slimming* Sunday Thread

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Whooha! It is finally Spring and we are well on our way to being SLIM for SUMMER.

We are moving into a season of longer, warmer days which will inspire us to get out and burn some calories, tone up some muscles, train for challeges and fund raisers, etc. I was reading what everyone was doing yesterday: cleaning cars, gardening, visiting tourist sites, home repairs, etc. and it looks like the better weather and longer days are already helping us stick to our weight loss plans.

I hope everyone enjoyed the Huge Moon last night... we'll have to wait 18 years for the next one that comes this close. If you missed it for any reason you can find it on youtube (yay for technology).

I am hoping for it to warm up a bit (a nice day like yesterday would really be appreciated). I enjoyed yesterday's day out, but I would like to now have a nice weather day at home to get things done. We'll have to see how it goes.

I hope everyone has a lovely rest of the weekend, and a good day back at work, school, their weekday routine, etc. tomorrow.

MM

MOrning MM

Thanks fro starting the thread. Saw the moon last night - but early on and wasn't very big then ;-(. Struggling with diet at the moment - not cheating but just finding it really hard work. Its my AAM week and was really looking forwrd to it but instead feel fat and bloated and hungry - not a good combination. And i'm 2 lbs up on my scales ;-(. First time on CD that they have gone up and not down - got to reverse that before weigh in on Tuesday - I can (if I have to) handle a STS at this stage but I am NOT having a gain!! - As if I can control what the scales say.

I have the awful spiralling out of control feeling at the moment - so much to do that I can't keep track of it, and running short of time. Busy morning here so far, got up at 6am and spent 1 1/2 hours collecting all the scrap/rubbish/broken stuff/kitchen wall rubble (got fed up a few weeks ago so knocked a wall down ;-)) and started to fill a huge skip. Really satisfying. As you say spring is coming and can't wait to get rid of all the C**p accumulated over the winter and have a tidy garden ready to enjoy ;-)

Went to make my shake and realised I left my mixer behind at a crop yesterday so no mixer til wednesday - and I hate lumpy shakes - bleugh - that'll teach me to eat all my bars in the first half of the week then.

30 mins to go and then off to take the children to ice-skating - its an hour from here so will be lunchtime before I get back, then more sorting and tidying I hope. While the children are skating I'm going to try and write a list of everything I need to do and see if having a list will stop me worrying. Keep busy - thats got to be my plan for today.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday

Morning :)

I didn't see the moon last night, a bit disappointing. My little girl was not very well so was with her, and when I did eventually have a chance to look out of the back door, it was too cloudy! Ah well. Will have a look online for pics later.

I'm planning for a quiet day, to recover from 1 night in hosp with my daughter, and I think we both need it. Usually go to church on a Sunday am, but really don't fancy it today. I think we'll have a lazy am, and then wander down to the park for a bit. Might make it as far as town.

I usually make sure we are very busy and am not very good at slowing down! Hope I don't end up craving food. I think if I do, I'll have to just go out for a walk! I haven't looked out of the curtain yet, but hoping its a fairly nice day! (we are downstairs, not still in bed sadly!!)

I've just had a strawberry shake, my fave along with banana. I'm only on day 3, but have done Cambridge before. When I was on it last time, I kept ordering a variety of shakes and soups, cos I felt I should, when in reality, I could happily just have banana, choc, and strawberry...and maybe the odd leek and potato soup!! I always end up rationing them out!! haha.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!
Jen x

good morning :) I looked at the moon last night , it was very bright although I didnt think it looked very big ..maybe I just dont take enough notice normally !!!!

I had a good day yesterday but had a really hungry evening and ended up eating some extra fruit ( only about 100 calories worth ) and my sales are now showing a further 2lb gain ... arrrrgggg it seems that to maintain I am going to have to eat about 800 calories a day .. this CANNOT be right ??!!! really want to go back onto SS now

hope everyone else has a great day

MOrning MM

Thanks for starting the thread.

Your Welcome. I try to wait for Katie (Determinator) but I was hoping she was having a lie in today. ;)

Saw the moon last night - but early on and wasn't very big then ;-(.

It looked bigger to me... but then I'd think the Emperor had clothing on (I am very suseptible to suggestion).

Struggling with diet at the moment - not cheating but just finding it really hard work.

The closer you get to goal the harder it seems to get. I think your body really fights the losses (retains water to compensate for the fat burned); you need fewer calories to function, so unless you cut your calories or up your exercise your losses really slow (and that affects motivation); you already look and feel better, so you start to think, "Why bother. Why not stop now. etc." So, it is no wonder you are struggling.

Its my AAM week and was really looking forword to it but instead feel fat and bloated and hungry - not a good combination. And i'm 2 lbs up on my scales ;-(. First time on CD that they have gone up and not down - got to reverse that before weigh in on Tuesday - I can (if I have to) handle a STS at this stage but I am NOT having a gain!! - As if I can control what the scales say.

Have you been reading the Beck book? It is so worth it. There is are sections about finding your lowest maintainable weight, adjusting your mindset, and working on other aspects of your life -- so that you can redirect your focus from weight loss to something else (as we have been doing this so long, we are afraid to stop losing weight because "Who are we, if we're not on a diet?")

I have the awful spiralling out of control feeling at the moment - so much to do that I can't keep track of it, and running short of time. Busy morning here so far, got up at 6am and spent 1 1/2 hours collecting all the scrap/rubbish/broken stuff/kitchen wall rubble (got fed up a few weeks ago so knocked a wall down ;-)) and started to fill a huge skip. Really satisfying. As you say spring is coming and can't wait to get rid of all the C**p accumulated over the winter and have a tidy garden ready to enjoy ;-)

I'm impressed: good on you. Taking charge! It'll make you feel so good to be working on getting this how you want it. And, once you're there -- you'll have a nice redone kitchen in which you can prepare healthy meals.

I am trying to accomplish this "decluttering thing". I am even reading the book Does This Clutter Make my Butt Look Fat? It is not a joke book and the author is well known in the US for his decluttering advice (often an Oprah guest and I think he does some programmes, etc). Peter Walsh is his name. I have ordered one of his books that deals just with decuttering and not weightloss/decluttering.

Went to make my shake and realised I left my mixer behind at a crop yesterday so no mixer til wednesday - and I hate lumpy shakes - bleugh - that'll teach me

Why not get an inexpensive spare one. And keep that one with your crop stuff and leave the better one at home?

I scrapbook, too. I haven't done much lately, but really want and need to get back at it. What are you working on atm?

to eat all my bars in the first half of the week then.

Oh, don't do that: they tend to create wind and are higher in carbs than the shakes (and lack water -- so when you do have bars drink a lot more water).

30 mins to go and then off to take the children to ice-skating

Sounds like fun. Do you skate? Are they having lessons?

- its an hour from here so will be lunchtime before I get back, then more sorting and tidying I hope. While the children are skating I'm going to try and write a list of everything I need to do and see if having a list will stop me worrying.

lol -- I have a friend who refers to her lists as her "pensieve" as in the Dumbledore's bowl in which he puts his excess thoughts. She says that once something is on the list, it is off her mind (de-stressing).

Keep busy - thats got to be my plan for today.

It sounds as if you will not have difficulty doing this! ;)

Hope everyone has a great Sunday

Thanks, You Too!

@Jen --

Banana, YUCK! I guess that is why they make so many different flavours. I am Butterscotch, Choc Orange and Choc Mint fan. I am hoping the sun will come back out today, too. Fingers Crossed.

Hi Katie --

Unless you are a small child the 800 calories cannot be accurate. Even I (at my advance age, 49, and small stature. 5'4" and sm to med frame, I require about 1400 calories to maintain my weight when I am at a bmi of 23).

If you have started adding back in food (carbs) then you may be replacing the gylcogen and water in your liver. Once that is done, and if your calories remain lower than you need to "operate your body" you'll start to show losses again. This is what happened when I was on LL. I went on to Management and starting adding in food, my losses slowed, then stopped, then I showed small gains, then I STS, then I started to lose again... I kept losing until I started working on stabilsing my weight -- and it stayed stable (for some time) until I quit exercsing 3 times a week. (Because without the exercise burning calories and boosting my metabolism, I should have drastically cut my calories and I did not.)

MM

Wow Minnie mel - thanks for your reply - really picked me up. I've just looked at your stats - you are really close to goal now are you SSing it or have you moved up the plans already?

Funnily enough my beck book arrived yesterday so had a quick read through the first 4 chapters last night - I ordered the workbook too - due tomorrow so going to see what that covers and take it from there. And yes I really do need to introduce some exercise - the treadmill is ready to go and I have the 30 day shred and now my horrid cold has gone I have no excuse.......

I'm learning to skate - ha ha ha - can just about do the forwards but the backwards - well a long way to go there. The children have lessons. My son (7) has his first competition in April so was practising his (basic) routine today - I was so proud of him.

Most of my scrapbooking stuff is still in the garage (hence the skip to try and clear the garage out, so when we get sorted I will be digging out the childrens albums and working on those. until then I just grab a handful of old photos of them and try and do a page or 2 while I am there.

Skip is almost overflowing now and we've only scratched the surface of the garage - still the shelving arrives tomorrow so at last we can then move stuff from the heaps on the floor and put it on shelves.

See you later

afternoon all.

firstly, kudos on being called Mel ;) ( for i am a melanie - woop) secodnly, sadly i missed the moon last night :( i was fast asleep. had a hectic couple of days what with working night shifts etc and last night i craaaaaaaaaaaaashed big time.

anywho, nothing to report from me. have stayed the same the past few days, which im happy with. iv been living a realtivly sedate lifestyle the past week or so, so not expecting a huge weight loss for my thursday weigh in. and this is like week 4 for me. but hey ho. i keep on slurpping.

bb xx

@Setas --

I did about three weeks of SS, but then moved on to 810 so I could exercise. I am doing one meal a day now -- and have added some carbs back in to my diet. So, I am not in ketosis and have been (I hope) slowly adding back the gylcogen/water as I still slowly lose. I am okay with taking it off slower, if it means I'll be better at keeping it off. I just moved my goal date to the middle of May, because I will be in US from April 12 to the 22. I am hoping to hold my own, but expect to lose nothing. I want to avoid a regain, or at least contain any gain.

I can skate forwards and backwards... but it ain't pretty. My Dd is interested in lessons, we may have her start soon. Right now, she is pretty busy with her swim lessons, cheerleading and gymnastics(all once a week and recreational not competitive).

@babyblues... I was supposed to be Melinda, but my mother had a change of heart and I was named Melissa. But I like Mel, as a lot of folks get Melissa wrong (I get Melanie, Melinda, Monica, etc.).

MM

Well iv been 100 for 3days now yaay!! And today me and the OH and kids went bradgate park. It's a huge park with 850 acres! And river and deer! So we walk around alot haha up hills and I about had a heart attack an the hills was more like mole hills lol but seriously we went very high up and walked a good few miles! 4nhalf hours walking lol. Then we went to a little cute tearoom and my little girl (3) and her daddy had cream tea and scones!!
Omg they looked soooo nice! But I didn't have anything!

I did have a bottle of diet coke because I couldn't get anything else but still in ketosis.

I'm now sat on sofa with duvet waiting for kids bedtime so I can watch a film then go bed cause I'm so tired!!

MM, yeah i get that all the time too, except i get called everything but melanie - melissa etc etc.

Hi Mel,

I get the Melanie, Melinda... but Monica, Marcia, Monique... come'on? lol

MM

Well iv been 100 for 3days now yaay!!

Fab!

And today me and the OH and kids went bradgate park. It's a huge park with 850 acres! And river and deer! So we walk around alot haha up hills and I about had a heart attack an the hills was more like mole hills lol but seriously we went very high up and walked a good few miles! 4nhalf hours walking lol.

Great "spontaneous" exercise! What fun! It sounds like a wonderful place.

Then we went to a little cute tearoom and my little girl (3) and her daddy had cream tea and scones!!
Omg they looked soooo nice! But I didn't have anything!

Good "building your resistance muscle" as Beck would say.

I did have a bottle of diet coke because I couldn't get anything else but still in ketosis.

Sounds like a reasonable choice to me.

I'm now sat on sofa with duvet waiting for kids bedtime so I can watch a film then go bed cause I'm so tired!!

I rented a DVD I need to watch tonight and return tomorrow. Looking forward to it -- hope I can stay awake.

Hi Kimmie,

I hope the walk wasn't too much for you, as you are still healing. It sounds like a lovely first day of spring day out. I'll have to google the location, I am not familiar with it.

MM

Back