The Jillian Michaels Method.

Yes I did have cheat meals. I love Chinese takeaway. I probably have one once a fortnight and sometimes once a week. It's so difficult to count cals in takeaways so on the days I'd have them I've eat very little food and really enjoy my Chinese in the evening.
You cannot deny yourself what you love or you will fail.
I don't eat as 'clean' as Jillian would recommend as I still have unhealthy snacks like curly wurlys, meringue nests, frys Turkish delight etc. But my meals are very healthy. I eat loads of veg and salad, fish and chicken. I have very little red meat.
However, the main factor that helped me focus is that my hubby was calorie counting too and lost about 5 stone too. We also motivate each other when maintaining too.

Good luck Lauren x

Thank you & you're really inspiring! I don't like clean foods either, fruit and veggies are an enemy of mine and always have been unfortunately. I prefer low fat versions of foods I like such as low calorie lasagne etc.

I'm torn between following 1200 calories and having a cheat meal once a week.. or eating a consistent 1600 a day & working out 3 times a week - this is what Helloitsdan off MFP suggested for me to lose weight & body fat quickly, he's the guy who wrote the in place of a road map thread that's storming MFP.
He's helped 400 people lose weight so that in itself should encourage me to have faith in his method.. but I like the way you did things because you had a treat meal once a week & I need something like that to look forward to and keep me going!

So I'm confused :(...

Why not try one plan for a couple of weeks or so, and then the other one? :)

I think I might.. I'm gonna try 1600 calories and get my butt down the gym tomorrow & see how I get on. Ill give it 2 weeks to prove itself & if its not successful then I'll go Jillian's way :) x

Back