The Journey Begins... AGAIN For Me Too!

Cheeky

Hey everyone, I'm Jemma. I'm a 23 year old PR student living in Huddersfield. Currently in my final year of my degree and totally determined to get this weight off by the time I graduate in July and with a goal of 3.5 pounds per week I think I can do it.

Started back on CD yesterday after nearly a year away. Like many of you guys I started really well in Oct 2006 (I was actually on Lipotrim when I started, which is even harder 'cause the shakes are god awful, but then moved to CD) losing over 3 stone in just under 8 weeks. I then fell off of the diet after losing my Grandma in the December and just never got back on properly. I restarted and restarted and then met my ex boyfriend. We had a whirlwind romance and the diet just didn't fit in with the bottles of wine and meals out and the late night cocktails.

When it all ended in tears in Sept last year I turned to food. I even joined WW and would totally cheat by pigging out on whatever I wanted on a weekend and then starving myself from Mon-Thurs just to make sure I'd lost some weight for the weekly meeting. I look back at myself in disgust! I managed to lose half a stone this way before piling it all back over Xmas.

So came the new year and with it came my determination to really succeed this time. I can no longer fool myself into thinking that one little treat (that always turns into more) won't hurt. I know it does. So after losing and regaining over 3 stone I am now ready to fight the battle of the flab once and for all.

I too have a number of food packs left that are still in date from the last time I did CD and I have arranged to meet a new CDC next week and I started yesterday and can honestly say its not been bad at all. No headaches, no ravenous moments as of yet so fingers crossed the worst part is over.

So I started yesterday at 18 stone 13.5 pounds and first WI is next Wednesday. So wish me luck everyone. I'll be here supporting everyone with any advice I may happen across on this journey.

Let's make 2008 great.

The essay has now ended LOL! But the journey is just beginning. Best of luck everyone.

Love Jem xxx

Hello and welcome Jem,
There are many new starters and restarters on the boards at the moment (I'm one of them) so you're not alone. Keep coming here for all the support and encouragement you need.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll look fab at your graduation (one of the main reasons I'm losing weight by the way :))

Hi Jem, welcome to Mini's

The good thing about restarting is that you already know what to expect from your first week, and you know how fast the weight will come off if you stick to it. You'll have that 3 stones off by easter and by the time your graduation comes you will be super-slim!

Good luck with the diet. Just keep glugging the water.

Welcome Jem
Let the months go by and the pounds too ...

Back