The journey to a new me!

Hi Sunflowerlady, thought this might give you some inspiration :)

hey Pink Tulip - I FOUND PAK CHOI in woolies today and bought some to try out your dish (with chicken) - when I saw it I thought WTF !! It looks like lettuce... flippen expensive but got some to try out your recipe! Are we allowed those pea-snaps? I got some just in case.... was looking for any new green veggies. Are we allowed mushrooms? Thought I might try a vegetarian omelette this weekend - have you done that?

Biltong is just so devine - is it the spices that are not allowed?

Sunflower, I'm keen to know how different your WI was on your scale vs the cdc's scale? Was it much different? I couldnt imagine weighing in at the end of the day - my weight is up by about 2kgs at the end of the day vs first thing in the morning!!!!

I'm hungry. Guess its another litre of water then.....

Glad you found it, I quite like it, hope you do too. Mushrooms are allowed. I'm not sure on pea-snaps on step 2. I know they are not on SS+ but I don't know about step 2? LOL...I don't think so much that the spice (except the salt of course!) on the biltong is the problem but more the meat itself. Again I am not sure of red meat on Step 2 but on SS+ there is no red meat, the closest that I have come to red meat is Quorn mince which is a soya protein made into mince shapes. I have done the vegetarian omelette before. I cant have the milk so basically just made mine with eggs and some veg from my SS+ allowance. I used lots of spices in it too just to make sure it's not bland. I enjoyed it and it makes a difference from chicken or Quorn all the time. Recently I have been making a chicken soup for dinner. Taking my chicken and veg and then mixing in my Chicken & Mushroom soup packet (which is also then my 3rd pack for the day) and then I have a lovely big bowl of chunky chicken and veg soup :)

So you fry up in spray and cook this concoction - much like a stire fry! Yay! I'm looking forward to it - going to try it tonight (without mushrooms, didnt buy any as wasnt sure if we're allowed) - will let you know later what I think of this fried "lettuce"... haha

aaahh yes, biltong is red meat.... for some reason (duh) I hadnt even thought of that - just thought "well its pure protein" when shovelling it in my mouth! Are we ever allowed red meat again in this lifetime? I'm dying for a spur steak!!!

Soy! I'd rather have nothing than soya.... I've noticed you have the quorn stuff there...

I havnt bought the CD Soups - do you know if say a "diet soup" would suffice if I add my veggies to it? Do you then blend it all together? Its getting chilly here and I really would like a soup of some kind - sometime - soon.

Yes, use spray and cook. Although I pre-cooked my chicken a bit by boiling it and then when half way cooked, I then added it to the pan to stir-fry (a non-stick pan is essential with spray and cook) or else the chicken sticks to the pan. The trick is to keep the veg on the 'crispy' side and not overcook it so that you are 'crunching' on the veg when you eat. I'm really not sure on a diet soup. I only use my CD soups. Again I pre-cook my chicken and veg and when it's done, I shred it into small but chunky pieces, draining all water and then add new hot (but not boiling water) and my soup packet and mix all together. It makes quite a large bowl full and once I'm done with it, I'm not hungry anymore. My mum makes a similar soup where she uses spring onions, celery, chopped ginger, mustard seeds, chilli powder, ground cumin, turmeric, pinch black pepper, small bunch chopped coriander, small pieces cubed chicken and CD spicy chilli soup pack, all mixed together - almost like a Indian spiced chicken soup. Hope you enjoy the stir fry tonight! :)

Last edited:
Sorry sunflower.... we will refrain and just talk..... diet stuff.

Got a sick kid today- been up all night, exhausted.

TBH, last night was a bit chaotic (child projects, my mom was visiting) so I never managed to make it - will do it sometime this weekend.

Its my son, and he's NOT a complainer, but we've been up all night with earache. Gave him meds at 11pm, he cried and cried in pain, gave him more meds at 2am and again at 5am - but he's in such pain. I kept him off school today which means I work from home, and can only get to see the Dr at 10.45... so he's in my bed watching TV but I think he may nod off soon. Poor guy.

Being home is difficult. Temptations are all around... and its cold, dark and rainy!

Sorry Sunflowerlady about all the food talk, sometimes forget that others are on SS only. Sorry again:wavey:! I agree with Jillybeans, I can't imagine weighing at night as my weight also fluctuates by 3-4lb from morning to evening. Jillybeans, hope your boy feels better soon. Nothing worse than a sick child. I have my WI on Monday morning and TOTM has decided to grace me with it's presence:(, so let's see what Monday's WI bring:sigh:. Hope you both have a great week end!

Right so day 53. Been good again and finally the scales have gone down again. The increase from the beginning of the week is gone, and so now the scales are in DOUBLE FIGURES!!!!! Yay!!!!

Hopefully they will go below that so when I have my WI on Wednesday with the consultant they will be close to goal. Usually 800g to 1kg difference to the morning WI. Fingers crossed!!!

Jillybeans how is your son feeling with his earache????

Pink tulip, good luck with your WI tomorrow! How did the stir fry go this weekend?

Hey SunflowerLady - just popped in to say you're doing amazing and you have already proved you can do it - so keep it up!! Am always around if you need a kick up the bum or just a moan :) xxx

Hey Sunflower.... I did the stir fry with that Pak Choi and is was DEEEEEVINE... I can recognise the taste of pak choi from the good ole days when I used to eat take away chinese....LOL:8855: I just added some lemon juice and some spices for flavouring and it was delish! I then had a chicken salad for lunch yesterday which was not as nice as the stir fry.... Pink Tulip, I put some of those pea snaps in, but didnt overdo it - with some broccoli... I bought some mushrooms today to have a omelette tomorrow.... also noticed there is no such things in our shops anymore as "skimmed milk" but there is "fat free"... so bought some of that.

However, I have been a bad girl this weekend with snacking - have seriously found that by eating - I'm MORE HUNGRY than when just on the shakes!!! I hate this feeling and now remember why I did this specific diet - cutting out ALL food is SERIOUSLY easier than limiting food intake! If I told you what I snacked on, you'd shout at me - both of you - so I'll just leave it at that!

My son went to his dad this weekend with all his meds, so I'm sure he's better as I havnt heard from him. Shame man, I felt for him - I think there is NOTHING WORSE than a) toothache and b) earache!

This weekend I took a big black dustbin bag into all or our rooms and went through clothes! I now have several more pairs of jeans and trousers to wear, and even found my "little black skirt" for work fits me nicely now (in fact a bit big around the waist).... (the kids clothing was just a sizing issue, they are lucky they get a brand new wardrobe every season!)

I went to bookclub yesterday, and I must just say, when I walked in, 3 of the ladies just stared at me with their mouths hanging open saying "geeez Jill".... so I guess people have started to really take notice of my loss. Only 20kgs to get to this stage! FFS! Anyway, I felt a million bucks! Also, I wore a "figure hugging" jersey, which they all said accentuates my loss (I now have a wasite) - and they all told me to wear more of these clothes - (never in my wildest dreams would I normally wear tight tops"!!!!!!!!!!!:hide::hide::hide: They all told me to toss out my baggy tops and buy all figure hugging! Eish....

I'm on a cooking binge.... I've just pulled out the slow cooker and am making a lekker pork stewie dish for my kids for dinner tomorrow.... wish I could taste it, but after my... binge this weekend, I'm going to try do SS every alternate day this week....

Sunflower, have you tried some more clothing on this weekend yet?
Pink Tulip, how long have you been in the UK and where are you originally from?

Last edited:
Naughty naughty jillybeans!!! Tsk tsk on the naughty snacking!

I bought a size 18 pair of jeans this weekend from primark. It's a little on the tight side but that will hopefully mean I will be able to wear them for a longer period of time :)

Had to eat something today as didn't carry enough water around with us today so by 4:30pm I had only drunk 1 ltr and was feeling very dizzy and faint. Finally managed to get to a shop so bought water and chicken pieces so ate those and felt better. Too much running around did it.

yep, you're right.... you'll be able to wear them a bit longer! Well done on a size 18!:D

Day 54 today, saw 99.1 on the morning scales! Excited!!!! Never been this light in years!!!!

Hoping last nights meal out wont harm the scales too much, but would understand if the scales went up in the coming days before going down again. Hoping for a decent loss at WI this week as last week was only 800g!!!

Good luck for a new week everyone!!!

Congratulations on reaching the 90's Sunflowerlady!! That is fantastic!!:clap:. Well done, good luck for your WI tomorrow.

Jillybeans, must have been an awesome feeling for people to finally start noticing your weight loss. I'm still waiting for that to happen but my consultant says that it's usually by the 3rd stone that people really start noticing. I am from Jhb. Been living in the UK for 9 years and lucky enough to have my mom live 10 mins from me so that makes all the difference in the world to me:). She has also now started doing Cambridge with me (although she only has about 2 stone to lose! But the support is great) Glad you liked the pak-choi!

I had my WI today and lost 4lb which takes me to my 2nd stone loss! I am so happy!! :D. Makes 2 stone in 6 weeks and now countdown to reaching the next stone and a couple other mini targets I have set myself in between! I also said to myself that once I lose 2 stone, I might start my own diary on here. When I do, I'll let you guys know.

Hope you both had a fab day!

Back