The journey to a new me!

LOL at the contortionist bit:). Yes, 80g all the veg (but it's only really spring onions and spinach) that's the veg, the rest are spices and herbs. The chick peas count as your protein allowance. I'm not too sure on cooking in bulk, but would assume that if you tripled or quadrupled all the allowances exactly and made the soup and then split it into equal (as equal as you can..lol) smaller tupperwares, and freeze then that should be OK. It's such a nice day here today. I am watching the bunnies outside my office window basking in the sun...makes me want to go bask with them...hehehehe! Our office is on a pear orchard farm and the views are spectacular. I do love living in the countryside. Have you ever been to the UK Jillybeans? How many kids do you have and how old are they? I have two boys. One 16 and one 5! They are lovely but give me all my days...lol!:p

Hehe yeah jillybeans you read right :) both arms down the sides of the jeans. They are a size 22 pair :-D

The soup sound yummy btw. I have a lemon yoghurt bar to look forward to for lunch :) lol

That is my fav flavour bar Sunflowerlady! I'm doing choc mint shake for lunch...lush...my fav flavour shake! Have you tried the mix a mousse yet? I've tried it once and although it was a bit lumpy (not sure I did it 100% right) it was very nice!

Working a pear orchard, bunnies outside the window, countryside....... sounds BLISS!!! (So a whole tin of chick peas is one daily allowance?) - alrightythen, going to give this a bash... but I'm still enjoying the pakchoi stir fry! I have some pak choi left - one more meal.

Sunflower, so are you on 3 shakes and the bar - or 2 shakes and a bar???? Are you on soup too??

PT, I have twins! :D They are 8 and a half going on 18! Boy and a girl. Got divorced 5 years ago so doing this parenting thing alone!!!! They go to their dad every 2nd weekend. Where in Jhb are you from? Are your boys from the same marriage (if so - a big age gap)..LOL!

I lived in the UK when I was a kid - 3years old as my dad got a assignment there - my mom then left my dad and came back to SA. He stayed on to complete his assignment. I once passed through on my way to the USA - does that count?? :8855::8855:

Twins! That's awesome :)! My boys have the same dad. We met when we were quite young....been together 21 years!:eek: I told hubby the other day that some prison sentences are shorter...lol :8855: Yeah, I know big age difference - 11 years. My eldest is turning 17 in a couple of months and my youngest will be 6 in the Autumn. I'm from the East Rand. I grew up in Kempton Park & Edenvale and then hubby and I lived in Boksburg, where he is from until we moved here. We both still have family in SA so go over as often as we can but the damn tickets are sooo expensive, so we don't go quite as often as we would like to:cry:. I admire single parents! It is so hard raising kids as it is and to still do it alone - you deserve a medal! :superwoman:. Where in Jhb are you from? And you Sunflowerlady...where are you from?

Sorry Jillybeans, meant to say that's it's not a large tin of chick peas but it's the little half tin. I'm not sure of the weight now, but it's defo not the big tin!

LOL to your prison sentence!!! :D Do you have much family here still? (I know you said your mom was there now) I live in the north, Randburg... have lived here many years. Went to Pta girls high school as a boarder. My ex was born and raised in Boksburg, then he moved to the north when he met/married me, then when we divorced back to the east, and in Dec just moved back to the north to be closer to the kids. Tickets to SA are expensive for some reason....... when were you last here?

Sunflower, how was the walk today? I bet your fitness levels have improved since you started walking! I huff and puff up the staircase to my offices every day!! Gees I'm unfit!! And I sit at a desk all day - so no where for my calories to be burnt off!

I have a date next week!!! eeeeeekkkkk!

That is my fav flavour bar Sunflowerlady! I'm doing choc mint shake for lunch...lush...my fav flavour shake! Have you tried the mix a mousse yet? I've tried it once and although it was a bit lumpy (not sure I did it 100% right) it was very nice!

haven't tried the mix a mouse yet, but i am told that the choc mint milkshake is popular CWP wide! My fave bar is the lemon yoghurt! LUSH! My fave soup is the mushroom as it has so many mushroom pieces on top. And my fave shake... well i dont really have a fave, but i have my least fave which is the toffee and walnut... stupidly i keep buying it though...

I am a born and bred Capetonian! Never lived in JHB. I only passed through the airport once on my way to the USA for a working holiday. :character00180:
Lived in Cape Town till I was 26, then moved over here. Been here for 5 years now. Met my husband two years ago, and got married last year. (Whirlwind romance) :love047:

LOL to your prison sentence!!! :D Do you have much family here still? (I know you said your mom was there now) I live in the north, Randburg... have lived here many years. Went to Pta girls high school as a boarder. My ex was born and raised in Boksburg, then he moved to the north when he met/married me, then when we divorced back to the east, and in Dec just moved back to the north to be closer to the kids. Tickets to SA are expensive for some reason....... when were you last here?

Sunflower, how was the walk today? I bet your fitness levels have improved since you started walking! I huff and puff up the staircase to my offices every day!! Gees I'm unfit!! And I sit at a desk all day - so no where for my calories to be burnt off!

I have a date next week!!! eeeeeekkkkk!

I didnt do my walk today as had a lunchtime meeting :-(

A Date oooooooo how lucky! Sounds exciting!

Right, finally up to date with the postings for the day: Now for my weigh in result! 99.7kgs!!!!!! Yay!!!!
New goal set at 89kgs, so another 10kg! Yay!

And Jillybeans i spoke to my CWP about you saying your CWP was useless, and she said she would be happy to be an email support for you if you like?

Have not had a good evening at all!!! My husband is out at a work event so I am home alone and I have raided the cupboard! Have that 2 left over hen's eggs that my mom bought me from the South African shop, and two marzipan choccies from my husbands chocolate stash!!! Help!!!! I'm going to put myself to bed with all this and behaviour going on!!!! And after such a good WI and all!!! :-( :-(

So my little blip with the chocolates last night doesn't seem to have harmed the losses too much. Dropped 600g yesterday. Must have been the big day for the week, guess the rest of the week will be sts or 100g now. Usually is after such a big loss.

Almost put some really nasty comments onto another thread last night but took some deep breaths and deleted the draft before it posted.

So 8 full weeks on the diet and I have officially lost 16.0kgs. (35lbs, 2.5stone) not bad hey! Had a few ups and downs, but my head is still in it and I am going to continue for a couple more weeks. See if I can reach the 3 stone mark! :)

So my little blip with the chocolates last night doesn't seem to have harmed the losses too much. Dropped 600g yesterday. Must have been the big day for the week, guess the rest of the week will be sts or 100g now. Usually is after such a big loss.

Almost put some really nasty comments onto another thread last night but took some deep breaths and deleted the draft before it posted.

So 8 full weeks on the diet and I have officially lost 16.0kgs. (35lbs, 2.5stone) not bad hey! Had a few ups and downs, but my head is still in it and I am going to continue for a couple more weeks. See if I can reach the 3 stone mark! :)

Morning Sunflower!!! (WHAT thread! I wanna go have a look - always looking to observe a fight!):hitthefan:

Sorry about your blip yesterday and your meeting with the chocolate cubboard! I find that when I've eaten badly, it catches up with me a few days later only.... (But wasnt the chocolate LURRRVLY!) Man I love chocolate! I miss it more than I miss alcohol!:17729:

YAY to your new target! I'm doing the same as you - 99, then 89 (today, on one of my MANY WI's - as I do 'best of 4' - I even hit 94.9! So its coming down slowly... I lost some weight doing Zoe Harcombe about 3 years ago, and even when I'd lost the weight I still weighted more than I do right now!:devilangel:

Its funny how when you're alone at home you wander the kitchen at night - now Imagine if you lived alone!!! ( literally have to switch off lights and go watch TV in bed to keep me out the kitchen late at night!):eatdrink051:

:eatdrink051::eatdrink051:Vanilla is my favourite shake!!! I tried the butternut but didnt like, and I'm giving Strawberry another go this month ... I wasnt crazy about it, but need a change from Vanilla/Choc/Chocmint....

I'm on 3 shakes a day. Maybe thats why I'm starting to stray. Maybe I should start introducing one bar a day?:whistle:

PS : Bloody marvelous on 16kgs in 8 weeks! Thats 2kgs a WEEK!

PPS : Thanks for speaking to your consultant for me! I may just take her up on the offer as I have so many questions in my head about Step 2 that my consultant is just not forthcoming with advise or answers!!!:banghead:

Wow! Massive congratulations Sunflowerlady!! That's a fantastic loss for this week and your total loss to date!! Well done:happy096:. Never mind about the blip last night, we are all human. Just draw a line under it and start over today! I am trying the Toffee and Walnut shake for lunch today. Haven't had it before, so will let you know what I think about it. I am going off the Pecan & Maple porridge though, can't say I don't like it, but I am finding it more and more difficult to get it down me and like, you, I keep on buying it...lol. It's my birthday next week and I have hinted to hubby that I would like a good blender for my birthday, so hopefully he got the hint and then when summer is here, I plan on having shakes twice a day with crushed ice...lol. Today I had a little mini victory myself....fitted in the size 18 skinny jeans comfortably and and wearing them to work today with a size 16 short sleeved top my mom gave me. Saw my mom this morning ahs she was complementing me the whole time on how noticeable the loss is and how nice I look. It was such a nice feeling:) Jillybeans, both me and hubby have all our family in SA. It's just my mom and my cousin who is here, the rest are still in SA. Yeah, do tell Sunflowerlady, what thread got you worked up? Anyways, have a good day ladies!

Oh PT isnt that a nice feeling getting compliments!!! It makes it all worthwhile when people notice - NICE to the skinny jeans and size 16 top. My pants/jeans size has gone down 3 sizes, but I"m still wearing the same tops. Dont know if the weight loss on the "top half" is as drastic as the "bottom half" - but I'm happy with bottom half progress! I used to wear a size 20 trousers, sometimes a 22 (God, did I just write that down!??) and I'm fitting comfortably in a 18, with space to spare or having to wear a belt (Is a 18 the same as a 40?) - once I move out of the size 18/40 (?) I will need to buy more clothes.

PT, it must be difficult being away from family. What made you move to the UK (other than the obvious?)... You're so lucky its warming up there - geez I hate the cold. Just got a email from the kids school to say they can start wearing winter uniform from Monday... thank goodness coz I feel so terrible dropping them off in the morning when its 8/10 degrees in summer uniform!!! I'm in jeans and a jersey at 7am! I went to the school shop today and even bought them some more winter uniforms as I'm sure they dont fit into last years - so I'm ready for Monday!! Poor things...

I use the phrase too "we're only human" as I dont believe anyone can do this diet without the occassional blip! You are not human if you dont crave food.

Jillybeans, it was mostly the obvious that made us come here. The crime got too close to home and we made the move. I got a job offer here and decided to take it for 6 months to see if we liked it. Well 9 years later and we are still here....lol. The fact that my mom was already here made it a bit of an easier decision for us too. We were back in Dec, went on holiday to a game farm in Limpopo for 10 days. Had the most amazing holiday and awesome memories. 8/10 in the morning....lol...that will be our 'high' on the weekend coming...hehehehe!! Today is a nice day though with temps going up into the 20's but from tomorrow it's all downhill again:sigh:. Jillybeans and Sunflowerlady, how many litres of water do you manage in a day?

Its a pity about the obvious. Such a lovely country. So much sunshine. Nice that you have a holiday destination to come to tho - and escape the cold in December!

8/10 is flippen cold!! We have a high of 23 today - sun is shining and its lovely outside, pity I sit in a office!

I drink between 3.5 and 4litres a day!:wee:

Back