The journey to a new me!

Hi ladies! Hope you both had a good week-end and Jillybeans hope your back is feeling better!

I had WI today and lost 4lb. Very happy about it! This makes 3 stone 3lb in 11 weeks! Yay!! I have 11lbs left to make my 4th stone before my holiday at the end of June in just over 4 weeks' time, so I need to keep focused! Again today I only managed 2 products and a meal - not good. I am also nearing the half way point in my weight loss journey, which is a nice feeling :)

But back to work tomorrow and all should get back to normal again. My house is in total chaos and the amount of dust is just ridiculous!!

How's your day been Jillybeans? Sunflowerlady, how did the exchange go? xx

Morning you lovely ladies!

Camping was fab! It rained the majority of Friday so we had to setup in the rain but the rest of the weekend was lovely! The evenings were freezing! Blankets galore! I took CWP with me and tried to be good but ate each day. Checked WI this morning, picked up 0.5kg so less than I was expecting :) right! Now to lose it again!

Exchange went fine. We complete this Friday! Happy!!! Three day working week now! Yay!

Good luck PT with the kitchen! Sounds fun getting all new items etc! And well done on resisting the pizza I don't think I would have managed it!

What did you buy on your shopping trip jillybeans?

Hellloooo Sunflower! We missed you! I can imagine plenty blankets camping in the rain and cold! Eish! you are brave!

Dont worry about the 0.5kg.... it went on quick, it will come off quick. I've had a slack week so far and really have not been very good at all!!!!!!! DREADING Wi on Friday!

LOL - I bought my dd a new schoolbag, and myself a new handbag and I'm going to the kitchen tea in 2 weeks so bought the bride a pair of crotchless panties as a joke! LOL!

Taking a days leave tomorrow - my dd is having an assesment done in the afternoon so decided wtf, I'll take a day off!

Just got my new shakes for the month - boring same old same old....yawn.

On the weekend, as my meals were larger than they should've been, I had one shake and a meal on Fri/Sat/Sun... I've been avoiding getting on the scale. I'm nervous.

Morning ladies! Hello Sunflowerlady, glad you had a fab camping weekend! You are much braver than me. I am not a camping person...the closest I get to camping is when we go down to my mom's caravan at the seaside....lol:p (Jillybeans...caravan in the UK is like a big mobile home, not a SA caravan). A 500g pick up for a long weekend away is nothing...you'll lose that in a couple of days:). Ooh, exciting stuff moving this weekend!

Today is pretty miserable after a weekend of lovely weather. Lots of hard, persistent rain and quite cold. Soup for lunch again then...lol. What's everyone else having?

Jillybeans, by having just one product and one meal a day, won't you slow your metablosim down and have smaller losses? Do you split your food meals into two for lunch and dinner or do you just have one CWP and a meal at dinner?

Hope you both have a lovely day :)

xx

Breakfast for me today was Choc mint shake. Lunch was a Choc mint bar... Wonder what I should have for dinner.
On 1.5litres for the day.

Ooh, the choc mint bar sounds nice. Haven't had that before. Must try it. I had porridge for breakfast, chicken and mushroom soup for lunch, quorn mince, cabbage and mushroom soup for dinner. I just can't do shakes when its cold outside. I can't believe I'll have my 12th weigh in on Monday. I have never stuck to any diet for this amount of time. The heartburn and acid indigestion I used to suffer with every night is no more. I love waking up with that empty flat tummy feeling. Anyone else suffered from any problems that have now disappeared since on CWP? Have a good night. x

Last edited:
I had creaking knees! Seriously! Creaking! I also struggled to walk the first few paces in the mornings as my feet (underneath feet) were sore... Oh and indigestion too which is gone. Since falling pg with the twins my ankles puffed up - I have revolting legs and ankles and thats why I'm a trouser wearer and not a skirt lady - my ankles are a bit better, but not much. (Still wont wear skirts)

I'm falling off the wagon - my days always start out so well, but when I get home the wheels come off! Last night I had 3 chocolate biscuits whilst watching TV. I'm not shoving pizza or burgers in, but I am secret snacking - which is getting out of control.

I'm trying really hard to have 2 products and 1 meal and I still havnt got on the scale for a sneaky wi.... kakking myself.

I took a days leave today - dd having assesment this afternoon - so I'm off out to go shopping! I need a new lamp. And I need food for dinner tonight for the kids...

I so know what you are saying Jillybeans! Lol....I feel the way about my legs and calves you do about your ankles! Being quite short at 5'3, my calves are 'chunky' and out of everything on my body, that's what I dislike the most! Like you, the reason for me never wearing skirts or dresses:sigh:.

Don't be too hard on yourself Jillybeans....rather get on the scale, see the damage (if any), draw a line under it and start afresh! You have come this far already! Just look at your amazing weight loss so far! If the evenings are your weak points, why not have 'healthy snacks' at hand in the fridge. Some raw mushrooms, cut up celery sticks, cucumber or any other veggie on SS+ or Step 2? At least snacking on those will be better than choccie biscuits? Also, another large glass of water as you feel a snacking urge also helps.

My consultant told me she used to have a very low calorie (think it's under 10 cals per pot) jelly when the urge to snack took hold of her or when she just craved that something sweet. Maybe you can look of Weigh Less do a very low cal Jelly and then make it up and split it in 150ml pots and then snack on that at night if you feel the need for something sweet? As long as the jelly does not have any sugar in and just sweetner, it should be OK. We get one here in the UK shops called Hartleys under 10cal. Maybe you get something similiar? Or you could add some gelatine to your shake and make a mousse from one pack and split it in 4 to snack on? Just keep on thinking of your next goal:)

Have fun shopping and good luck with DD's assesment this afternoon! Fingers crossed for you!

Sunflowerlady, you must be getting so excited for Friday!! Have you been shopping and buying nice new goodies for your new home?

We are off to the SA Day on Saturday and my 16 year old has asked me if his GF can come with! Quite excited (and nosey...lol) to meet this elusive GF that I have heard so much about but not seen for nearly 6 months...lol. Will stay on plan 100% so no vetkoek, milktart, biltong, droe wors or any nice things for me....boo hoo...but will buy some biltong and put in the freezer for when I'm at goal! x

Hope you both have a nice day xx

Ooooh SA DAY! How nice! I dont think I would have the willpower. I used to in the first 10 or so weeks of this diet NOTHING could sway me - but now anything can! I know weighless do a jelly, I'm going to check it out when next at the shops as I have an incredible sweet tooth!

I just went and bought some fresh veggies, so making the kids a nice stew with veggies in - and I'll keep some of the veggies for my vegetarian omelettes etc.... I always have cucumber to snack on and raw cauliflower, but I'm not craving that...LOL! hehehe... Ok... will try... Mom.

Did I miss something? Sunflower and a new house? When did that all go down? I vaguely remember you looking at homes, but didnt know it was done and dusted!

I went to the shops (but made myself drink 750ml bottle of water before I could go) and then I needed a wee so badly at the shops that I raced home (dont like public loos)... so didnt 'hang around' the shops. I think when I fetch my dd I must go to woolies for some other stuff I missed! LOL!

Jillybeans you could try eating your food in the morning ad limiting yourself to products in the evening. If you are strict enough, you can say no food is allowed in the evenings. May decrease the urges?

And yes, the house was offered at the end of march, so has been quite quick for the UK. 9 weeks from offer to completion! Can't wait for Friday!

Am going to move onto step 2 from next week. So hopefully I can still lose whilst on that step. Would really like to get to 89kgs. That would be fab for me!

You'll still lose weight on Step 2 Sunflowerlady. My consultant told me the difference between SS/SS+ and Step 2 is roughly about 2-3lb a month, so really not much difference. I will start moving up the steps once I have lost 5 stone, so 2 more stone to go for me, but SS+ works well for me at the moment. Sunflowerlady, what made you decide to go up to Step 2? x

When last has everyone done their measurements? I did mine on Monday night and was stunned to see the amount of cm's lost so far. My waist, tummy and bum have seen the biggest losses, followed by my hips, arms and bust:eek: x

Just a choice. Am scared to be eating again as the last time I moved up it opened the flood gates. Hoping I can be more disciplined this time round.

Have adjusted my goal to 89kgs now. If I get to that I will be happy. After that healthy diet and exercise I think!

I hope that doesn't mean you'll leave us when you go on to healthy eating and exercise? x

I went on a bender yesterday!

89kg is my new goal as I have that wedding at the end of June - I'm pretty sure (I hope) I can get there in 4 weeks, k@@king myself to WI tomorrow!!!

I've lost most of my weight around hips, bum waiste and only 4cms around bust??? and 4 off arms??? Happy with whats come off as its *@&(loads!

Morning ladies! Sunflowerlady, glad to hear you won't leave Jillybeans & I....lol:grouphugg:and 89ks as your goal is not far off now! Exciting stuff!!

Jillybeans, how did your DD's assessment go? I think 89kg's is definately achievable by the end of June! It's like I said to you yesterday, get on the scale tomorrow and whatever it says, draw a line under it and start afresh! You can do it!!

OK, so the dust and 'deurmekaar-ness' of my house whilst the kitchen fitter is working is getting to me....grrr!! He says he's hoping to finish towards the middle next week but could be towards the end of the week too....don't know how I will last that long :rolleyes:

It's exactly one month today before I go on holiday, can't wait!! Just really hope I can shift these 11lbs in that time. My size 18 jeans are getting loose on me. Not loose enough to go buy a 16 yet (might buy one and keep it in the cupboard for motivation!!) but I would say I'm inbetween an 18 and 16 now. Today is another rainy day so porridge for brekkie, soup for lunch. I really don't know what I would have done without the soups on these chilly, rainy days. At least the weather for the weekend is looking nice...yay!

Hope you both have a lovely day! x

I made a lekker stew last night for the kids FULL of veggies and they didnt like it so I ended up eating it! And there's enough for another family meal! So it wasnt BAD-BAD eating, but it was red meat stew! (followed by Ouma Rusks and coffee - 4 rusks to be exact)

Need to find that ruler to draw that line! Pronto!

Oh dear PT to your deurmekaarness (lol - love that word) ! The kitchen IS the HEART of the home so when it goes down - the house kinda does too! I hope you're sitting on their heads to get it done quick!

I say go buy the size 16 trousers and try them on once a week! I'm falling out of my 18's and the 16's trousers I found this week fit really nicely! Problem is, the majority of the clothes bottoms are 18's - so now that I'm officially in 16's it means I need to BUY some more clothing. I dont think its a bad thing as I need 16's as the 18's have 'saggy arse' syndrome and make me look fat! LOL! I did need to buy a new belt to keep my jeans up as I had no more notches left on my 'fat belt' to use!

My dd's assesment went well and I am looking forward to the feedback next week! (She said my daughter is very bright - but she chooses what to listen to and what to do!)

I have bookclub this Saturday, and it seems I have managed to arrange both kids go to friends/dad for the afternoon! My dd arranged her own playdate, and the little girls mom just phoned me last night to confirm! LOL! Growing up far too quickly!

Hmmm......stew. Sounds so yummy! Ouma rusks, was just saying to hubby last night that we must buy some at the SA day this weekend as both my boys love them. A pack barely lasts a day when the two of them gets hold of it:)

I think you are right. Will go buy a size 16 and fit it on every weekend. That's what I did with the size 18 jeans and now they are loose:). Glad your DD's assessment went well. My eldest DS is like that. Very bright but chooses when to listen and what to do. He is so laid back. Drives me crazy. Everything can wait for tomorrow or another day. I'm total opposite....lol.

They do grow up quick. I still remember my DS 1 starting Gr1 and soon he will be starting driving lessons. He can get his license when he is 17! Already bugging wrt different cars he would like!

I have to very soon sort out some sort of wardrobe for abroad. I have a couple of items that fit, but most are too big. Must get by backside in gear and go shopping soon.

Back