The Journey to Christmas!

Rocky Road

Well day one was just amazing. I never ever manage to stick to diets I start. I have done everything and I mean everything from every slimming drug I could find to having a gastric band (and removed) but to no avail. I somehow just know that is diet is going to be different though. This time I know I am actually going to do it.

I found the hunger to be minimal and very manageable. The tummy had a bit of a complaining rumble at around 10.15am but that was all. I felt picky a couple of times but it was not hunger induced. So I managed and I feel great as a result.

I spent a lot of the day in little day dreams about how I am going to look. I imagine myself first on my birthday in July, then at my hubby's birthday in September, then on the 5th of November (when the fireworks are going to be even brighter than ever), then Christmas when the best present in the world will be a slim me. I do not quite stop there as I do not know how long it will take me to reach target. I then think of valentines day and how gorgeous I am going to look on a romantic date with hubby and then I think of spring and the lovely new clothes I will buy. I then go to summer and the summer holiday we will go on (we are not going this year). After that I think of the joy of a life without constantly searching for what food I can eat next. I think of the freedom of breaking the sugar addiction that has plagued me my whole life.

So that is how my day dreams go and gosh they are so wonderful they give me butterflies because I actually see myself there.

If anyone else needs motivation try the day dream approach and it might help .:)

Ok a lot of the above went out of the window in day 2 lol. All I could think about was not eating, not eating, not eating and it was tough tough tough. Hey I got through though and only ate a bite of plain chicken that I shouldn't so that is ok. I feel much better today and think I am getting into ketosis. Although I don't place too much emphasis on the ketostix as I heard from another thread they are unreliable but nevertheless they have changed from neutral yesterday to light pink today so that kins of backs up the way I feel, less hungry and more energy :)

You'll do fine! I started at almost exactly the weight you are now. I thought I'd do a few weeks,then have a weekend off, then back on until my hols. I wouldn't even consider a weekend off now! I'm going to wait until I go on hols. If I feel hungry I do just have an extra bit of protein.

Thanks Claire. Well I had a disaster today, namely a Jacobs cracker incident lol. I was initially really annoyed with myself but I have got my head back on track and am just putting it down to a blip and moving on.

You are doing amazingly well and it is so good to hear from others who are starting at the same weight. That is the good thing on here, it makes you realise you are not abnormal because there are loads in the same position. I wish I had found this site sooner :)

Rocky Road said:
Thanks Claire. Well I had a disaster today, namely a Jacobs cracker incident lol. I was initially really annoyed with myself but I have got my head back on track and am just putting it down to a blip and moving on.

You are doing amazingly well and it is so good to hear from others who are starting at the same weight. That is the good thing on here, it makes you realise you are not abnormal because there are loads in the same position. I wish I had found this site sooner :)

Aww never mind luv

Was a blip like you say !! Moving on best thing to do :)

Hey Becca. I tried to put up a good fight but the cracker won. Not next time though!

How are you bearing up? Are you managing? Tomorrow I am going to be 100% I have decided :)

Rocky Road said:
Hey Becca. I tried to put up a good fight but the cracker won. Not next time though!

How are you bearing up? Are you managing? Tomorrow I am going to be 100% I have decided :)

Sounds like me with the bread last week couldnt resist !!

doing ok thanks ;) sneaked a look on the scales since Sunday only a lb off :eek: hoping for a whoosh later on in the week .

well done hun , your on the road to success now , youve made that 1st step to a new you and a new way of life , just think this is a relatively short period of time in your life , which , if you use it well , play your cards right and reeducate yourself and your eating habitsand/or demons can lead to a life time of a healthy , slim and vibrant you .
it is so possible hun i was in a bad place 5 and a half years ago and did lighter life , i was 100% and spent the 5 months which included christmas and an all inclusive holiday taking the time to relearn how to handle emotions and my eating habits , post lighter life , i took up running half marathons and mainained pretty well until piling on the pork :eek: having my son . so here i am doing slim and save as i know how life transforming vcld s can be if you let them . its actually easier than last time as my head is no longer occupied with food like in the pre l.l days , i simply piled on the pounds from inactivity and eating too much whilst pregnant , i had pelvic problems so was a bit immobile :0)
anyway im on a mad ramble and hyjacking your thread now so ill just shut up and go away , i just wanted to try to convey how amazing you can feel in a very short time if you stick with things xxx

Sounds like me with the bread last week couldnt resist !!

doing ok thanks ;) sneaked a look on the scales since Sunday only a lb off :eek: hoping for a whoosh later on in the week .

I am sure it will drop more though. I had put on 4lb while I was off for the wedding but I have lost it again and am down 11lb now with 5 being since Sunday. This morning though the scales edged up a wee bit which bugged me but it was probably the revenge of the Jacobs crackers lol. I am just moving on and will see where I am on sunday, the official weigh in. I think if you see where you are on Sunday you will also have lost more hun.

well done hun , your on the road to success now , youve made that 1st step to a new you and a new way of life , just think this is a relatively short period of time in your life , which , if you use it well , play your cards right and reeducate yourself and your eating habitsand/or demons can lead to a life time of a healthy , slim and vibrant you .
it is so possible hun i was in a bad place 5 and a half years ago and did lighter life , i was 100% and spent the 5 months which included christmas and an all inclusive holiday taking the time to relearn how to handle emotions and my eating habits , post lighter life , i took up running half marathons and mainained pretty well until piling on the pork :eek: having my son . so here i am doing slim and save as i know how life transforming vcld s can be if you let them . its actually easier than last time as my head is no longer occupied with food like in the pre l.l days , i simply piled on the pounds from inactivity and eating too much whilst pregnant , i had pelvic problems so was a bit immobile :0)
anyway im on a mad ramble and hyjacking your thread now so ill just shut up and go away , i just wanted to try to convey how amazing you can feel in a very short time if you stick with things xxx

Thank you Sukie Sue. No you haven't hijacked at all lol. It is so great to hear from people who have done it from the same weight as me. It motivates me no end. It helps me to believe I can do it too. I have no idea how you found the willpower to do it over Christmas and an all inclusive holiday. I think I might have managed Christmas but now a holiday:eek: that is amazing commitment you have shown. It is also great to hear that you changed your attitude to food because I worry that when I stop I will go back to being the same food addict I was before so I am really trying to work on that while I am on this diet because I would hate to be successful and put it back through not learning how to deal with it. Did you find you needed the LL counselling to change your attitude?

"not" a holiday I should have said.

Hi x
Thought I d subscribe to your diary as we have a similar amount to lose day 11 for me and no movement since mon but I had a v gd loss on mon . I ve also started a diary on here hoping to meet like minded people do we can support each other x

Hi Katie. How do I find your diary? I am still a little bit new here and am not sure. I was going great guns on the weight loss. I did lipotrim and dropped 9lb in 5 days then I put on 4lb after taking a break for a wedding, then I started slim and save and lost 6lb in the past few days so I am waiting to see what I am on Sunday which is my weigh day. I think I have those amounts right, I just know I am down 11lb lol.

Today though was another NOT 100% day. I am so annoyed. I have this alien hand that does not do what it is told lol. So yesterday I ate the Jacobs crackers and today ..... I hate the poxy Jacobs crackers! I can't understand the appeal all of a sudden. Today I stopped at 2 though but then went on to eat a bit of chicken and ham. Oh and not chicken and ham that is allowed because I had my 4 food packs as well. So I am none to pleased with myself to say the least. I just can't seem to get control and I so so so want to do 100%. I hear of people on here getting through kids birthdays etc without caving in and there is me, no excuse, munching on Jacobs crackers. :mad:. Woe woe and thrice woe, I could smack myself in the eye.

Hi x I have a slim and save diary if you go to the slim and save diary section and scroll down mine is there only started it yesterday :) I think the title is this time I will do it with slim and save I can't check as I'm on my phone . I do have another diary as I have been on minimins a while but thought it best to have one soley for here
Now don't beat yourself up you haven't gone massively over and binged like mad so have a cup of tea put it behind you and keep drinking the water and you will be fine x x

Lol that should say ate not hate the crackers. I wonder if that is a Freudian slip :). I "ate" them again today.

I'm on my phone now also but will seek your diary out when I'm in the laptop.

Yes I will move on, I suppose thats all one can do. Just put it behind me and endeavour to do better tomorrow x

Ur doing so well. The cracker incident is minor and at least u didn't wind up eating the whole pack. Well done! SnS food is totally delish. I love ur positive visualisation techniques. I use them too for other areas of my life but not much for dieting so now I'm going to make more of an effort to do that. Picked up visualisation ideas up from books such as The Secret, and Creative Visualisation. Looking forward to reading up on ur progress xx

Skinny Sia said:
Ur doing so well. The cracker incident is minor and at least u didn't wind up eating the whole pack. Well done! SnS food is totally delish. I love ur positive visualisation techniques. I use them too for other areas of my life but not much for dieting so now I'm going to make more of an effort to do that. Picked up visualisation ideas up from books such as The Secret, and Creative Visualisation. Looking forward to reading up on ur progress xx

Ah maybe I should get those books because I would love to be able to visualise better and that might help. Im actually thinking if setting my alarm at various times of the day to remind me to visualise so that where I want to be and what I want to achieve are always at the forefront of my mind. I remember reading that if you set out on a journey and you don't know exactly where you are going then you will just walk or drive aimlessly without getting there. Or like a ship on the water, just floating around, not knowing the destination or how to get there. I do know the destination and how to get there do now I just need to set automatic pilot to correct me when I go off course lol x

Rocky Road said:
Ah maybe I should get those books because I would love to be able to visualise better and that might help. Im actually thinking if setting my alarm at various times of the day to remind me to visualise so that where I want to be and what I want to achieve are always at the forefront of my mind. I remember reading that if you set out on a journey and you don't know exactly where you are going then you will just walk or drive aimlessly without getting there. Or like a ship on the water, just floating around, not knowing the destination or how to get there. I do know the destination and how to get there do now I just need to set automatic pilot to correct me when I go off course lol x

Wise words! I used to visualise during lunch breaks but I don't have set ones anymore so I'm liking the idea of having a "visualisation alarm"! Yep, I'm feeling that!

Ha ha, all I need to do now is set the alarm. Right here goes. Guaranteed it will go off at all the wrong moments lol.

Well it was all going relatively well, apart from the crackers, until today. I am having serious doubts about whether I can stick with the diet. I went for about 6 and a half hours without eating and then just ended up shaking with hunger and hubby was eating beans on toast and I made myself the same. I just could not stomach another food pack. I feel so guilty though. I was just so desperate for normal food and I gave in..... Not sure what to do now.

Back