The last 3 or 4 days i have only been having 1 or 2 shakes...

hugeherbo

i just havent been able to stomache the others. i have eaten a little bit more protien but not loads, and i feel fab, better than when i have all the shakes.

am i doing myself harm?

your missing out on vital vitamins and minerals

Yup - even when you start stepping up, you don't drop packs until some carbs are added - you're missing out on 1/3 of your RDA (which no protein can possibly replace) I've seen someone do this in my LL group when LL went from 3 - 4 packs (a good few years back) - she was a returner and just thought she could have 3 packs and a few salad leaves and she was listless, had dark circles under her eyes, and gained weight. That's right - gained weight on 380 calories a day. It will make you ill more than anything else! The packs also contain the fibre you need and all the other bits and pieces - not just your vits and minerals, otherwise we'd just be drinking skimmed milk and taking multivitamins instead of paying 2 quidish a pack for a nutritionally balanced meal replacement.

I would make sure you have them all. Or your body will go into starvation mode and keep hold of the fat as a reserve. Have you tried the bars instead? Jayne x

Back