Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Not feeling quite so super human today! :-(. But I have to keep remembering wine and cigarettes are like smelling bacon, the reality is nothing like the fantasy promises! And I want to be slim and healthy much more than I want those things plus I will feel great instead of crap tomorrow!

Bev I defo think u should get on with this date with RC, what a great incentive to help you stick with ur diet esp after The Twat sounds like you could do with some tlc and some fun for 2014!

I agree, on both accounts, sat here dreaming of Chilli (my mum has cooked for dinner and offered me tonight) and chocolate, but no. Saw your post just in time to remind me why i dont need that right now (even if the chilli is SW recipe!)

And yes, get bcak in touch with RC, why not start by wishing him a happy new year tonight :)

x

Wish I was superhuman. I'm dreading those first few days. You're all doing so brilliantly. I'm also enjoying it being really busy on here and glad I'm not the only one who feels sad when people start dropping off. I think shame is such a ridiculous emotion but so hard to let go. If we just accepted that we are all human and however we slipped up we got back on it then we'd all have the maintenance stories to tell. 2014 the year when persistence pays off!!

Amen sister lol

'Restarting' wasn't even worthy of the name - you'll be totally fine. It genuinely didn't feel like the hard slog I'd had in the past. I had my shake at 9:30am, and I know I'm not in ketosis yet (it takes me forever) but I didn't feel hungry at all.... I went shopping for the Sunshine Boy's New Year's lunch tomorrow and was careful to buy what I wouldn't want (the tiniest lamb shank they had lol) but apart from being careful to avoid temptation I've not felt that frantic "oh God gimme strength pleeeease" of old. It feels more like what it was: a brief enjoyable hiatus. We're in smaller clothes (squeezed my bum into size 16 work trousers from Dorothy P ooooh yeah:D), feel sexier and know how easy it is to just enter cruise control. You'll be fine xx

You're so right. I am a bit of a drama queen sometimes. :rolleyes: I'm going to approach it like it's no big deal. Even thinking about doing packs but just one meal tomorrow and Thursday to make it easier come Friday when you come knocking at my door expecting 100%. I want to be slipping into my size 16 jeans which I haven't tried since before Christmas. I fear I am that awkward 17 you spoke about!!

Hey babes - just wanted to say I am struggling like mad (long story but move connected and huge row with the Mr.) and SO want to have a bing sesh tonight (loads and loads of "NYE FFS!" thoughts running in my head so I will start a bigger support thread in the forum to maybe help us all through tonight - if there isn't one that is-

There wasn't so here's where I parked misery: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...-glass-non-fallen-angels-nye.html#post6927561

Last edited:
Hey babesn - just wanted to say I am struggling like mad (long story but move connected and huge row with the Mr.) and SO want to have a bing sesh tonight (loads and loads of "NYE FFS!" thoughts running in my head so I will start a bigger support thread in the forum to maybe help us all through tonight - if there isn't one that is-

Brilliant idea! Do it. I'll certainly be hanging out there.... 'Build it and they will come' lol (that one was for you Jen - Queen of movie quotes ;))

I thought you were a bit quiet. You okay now? You're doing so well love, at the hardest time of year (and life - What with the huge move you have planned) please just keep talking, yellin, screaming at yourself. In 3 months it'll be over and you'll never look back. Life just throws sh!t at us sometimes, but you just have to keep bobbing and weaving.... You've been through the hard part, you're in ketosis you don't need to go back there for some grub that tastes better in your mind than in actuality. You won't enjoy it babe, you'll feel bloated and miserable - not the start to 2014 you deserve. Read the first post of your diary again and repeat after me: "no. no. NO!".

Sending you positive vibes, strength and big hugs xxx :bighug:

Last edited:
Oh you.... you could be like a professional friend! You're awesome at this stuff! I'll read and re-read that all evening. I should be able to do it. Right now I'm channeling my energy being pissed at him. I'm one of them hungrier-when-happy over eaters so between your words and him not having apologised I ought to be fine:) - sorry for the diary hijack!-

Hey babes - just wanted to say I am struggling like mad (long story but move connected and huge row with the Mr.) and SO want to have a bing sesh tonight (loads and loads of "NYE FFS!" thoughts running in my head so I will start a bigger support thread in the forum to maybe help us all through tonight - if there isn't one that is- There wasn't so here's where I parked misery: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/332696-raising-shake-glass-non-fallen-angels-nye.html#post6927561

Brilliant idea! Stress and arguments are the toughest, had a row with my daughter earlier (I'm the worst mum alive btw!) and thankfully walked out of the kitchen without the wine I went in for! It's bad enough being a bad mother I don't need to be fat aswell!

Hijack away lovely! That word is forbidden here anyway :cool: We're all girlfriends (and dude-friends) sitting around a kitchen table on this thread sharing that "kitchen table" talk that goes no further and you can say anything.... Speaking of: sulk away lol especially if it gets you through the next few hours. But.... Don't go to bed mad, okay? If he hasn't cheated, called you a name, made a major life decision without you nor peed in the kitchen sink (Don't laugh. I've heard stories) try not to go to bed mad - unless he thoroughly deserves it of course. In which case - sod him. Naughty man :mad::rant2::snooty:. Lol:D Hey this is our kitchen table - we've got yo back! Hahaha xxxxx

Hahaha thanks for the perspective - urination has been contained to toilets - the things I ought to be grateful for! Sadly I've forgiven him and reinstituted his stash which means I am not happier and in more danger of falling off the wagon! I need a shrink!

Do you have people over tonight?

hey there chickadee,

im just gearing up for the last hurrah prior to a frugal jan and target achieving times, some extra work to be sure but i regret nothing! just wanted to wish you a fantastic 2014 and i will catch you on the flip side

if you get any posts that look like this: wfbblshtbkj;shdtg;km, bzxncfbkjgcfkjlzcjkfjkhdjgrddhhdd
you know im very very drunk but they re sent with lurve;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jxxx

Happy new year everyone! Thanks to you guys I made it through NYE I was seriously wavering yesterday afternoon but your posts inspired me to stay strong!

Bev, how did the txt go??!!

Sorry, sorry, sorry! I'm okay everyone :D First off I had to grow a set of b@lls and text RC before popping on lol, then last night my 15 year old went out to a big party and I'm huuugely paranoid ... Back story: last year he and a gang of mates were invited to a party in one of the surrounding little villages. 9 of them went and I told them to call their cabs at 11pm to come at 11:30. Unknown to me they got a bit uncomfortable as they didn't know as many people as they thought and 13,14 and 15 year olds were drinking A LOT and it was getting crazy. The lads decided to leave and take the short walk to the main street to call and wait for cabs and get chips. The girl having the party, between vomiting, was insisting on getting snogs before she'd let them leave and unsurprisingly there were no takers (classy). The boys walked off laughing about it all.... Then heard three Peugeots screeching up behind them. About 10 men in their 20s piled out obviously drunk screaming "are you the lads that fancy my bird?" (also classy - we later found out the 14 year old child had the local 21 year old thug as a boyfriend.) The nearest thug grabbed the shirt of the one of Sunshine Boy's mates at the back on the pavement and pulled out a knife. My son and another friend grabbed the boys' arms and yanked him away from the bully and they took off running.

So back to me. At 11pm I called my son's phone to say time's up call your cabs....... And heard my son panting and whispering "Mum, they're chasing us and trying to stab us. Help me."

Yes. You can take a moment to imagine that my heart stopped. It literally stopped. Here I am 40 miles away from my family, friends, his burly uncles and his father. And someone was trying to stab my child. i told him I was coming and to listen for my horn. I had a short cotton nightie on, a thermal vest, my bendy rollers in and threw on my house slippers and one of his hoodies and bolted out the door.

I don't know, I mean genuinely don't know how I navigated out of our Town. I speed dialed his father. I speed dialed the police and explained the situation and what id heard - I was put through to the control room for the next County because heaven forbid they cross boundaries on a map - so I explained again and was told I needed Hertfordshire police. I screamed at that w*nker to take my effing number and my license plate because if they didn't shift their a$$e$ and get the right force there to protect my minor child I'd burn that effing village to the ground!!!

Here's the good news. Time travel exists. I glanced at the dashboard when I squealed out of my street - people, I got on the motorway and drove 15 miles in 7 MINUTES. 15 miles. 7 minutes. All I was thinking (having watched Police 999 the week before with horrific boy racer type accident recovery) was don't roll the car or you'll be dead and no one will save him. Don't roll! My phone rang. My beautiful, precious Sunshine Boy said one word and the phone cut off. He said "Mummy". I watch the news. I can't tell you what I imagined with that one word. As the police called back I put my foot nearly through the floor. 15 miles, in 7 minutes.

..... I got to this little burg called Tring and lay on my horn like a demon. Some party goers in their late teens ran out of a house party to see what the commotion was (three police cars with screaming lights and sirens turned up, thank God, at the same moment - I always get the address of where he's going you see so we converged on the original party house). These teens were older and at a party a few doors down. One jumped in my car assuring me he was from the village and we'd find my boy. We drove up and down streets blasting my horn..... And in the distance (I don't know how) I saw him running down the middle of a pitch black street towards me. Safe.

He was sweaty, dirty, struggling with his asthma. But safe.

All 9 had run but the three with asthma couldn't keep up so got left behind then got separated. My clever, brilliant child climbed in a giant garden waste bin as they entered the street screeching in their cars. They stopped right in front of his hidey hole discussing where to search and what they were going to do (hence the one word call to me in panic). Then left to continue their search. 15 minutes or so later he faintly heard a horn blowing continuously and took his chances that it was me.

I drove around that village for the next hour with the police pulling 8 boys out of bushes and hedges and the police took over the search for the knife attackers.

Last edited:
Back