Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

You'll be there in a matter of days!

I'm definitely on track for the size 14 challenge. Mine did up today (they didn't before!) so hopefully by Feb 14th they'll be muffin top free too! Wonderful.

Hugely hacked off and too tired to rewrite the massive post that just disappeared.

I hope everyone had a great day, really got to sleep, big hugs xx

Huh. Nearly lost that post too!

The second thing was that as I'm apparently a size 15 :rolleyes: I hit on an ingenious way (if I do say so myself) to amend trousers on the go. Credit has to go to the makers of toddler and junior fashion though as an old pair of the Sunshine Boy's junior trousers gave me the idea - you need four smallish buttons, 2"-ish of medium width elastic (the kind found in waistbands) and needle and thread. Pinch the fabric at the waist of your trousers while they're on (what? I'm not a seamstress - you measure twice and all that malarkey if you know how! Lol), safety pin the excess "pinch an inch" fabric in a 'fan' fold (noting the two points that need to meet to take the trousers in - or use chalk marks of you're fancy ;)). Take 'em off and sew a button to each point on the' fan fold 'that needs to meet. Cut small slits in your elastic horizontally so that your buttons just fit through (3 or 4 holes depending on how long you cut your piece of elastic - which really doesn't matter btw). Put each button through a hole and voila - instant adjustable trousers!!!!!

Now I did one stitch to hold my elastic to the trouser band to prevent gaping.... And let me tell you between getting dressed yesterday and getting into work (!?!, 20 minutes.) my trousers felt loose and swivelly (yes. I made up that word, but you know what I mean - hitching up trou is soooo not a good look for anyone over four!) - one quick trip to the loo to take my trousers in a button hole and I was set :D

Now I'm posting this QUICK before I lose it again! I hope that made sense and helps somebody.... It can get pretty expensive trying to keep up with clothing these sexy new bodies we're hatching :D Anyone that has any good clothing recycling ideas please let me know xx

I hope everyone had an easy breezy day on plan x

Great thoughts on the trousers. I'm not so much of a trousers girl although the first time I did this I wore jeans and went down two sizes at a time. By the time the next size fitted I could have carried my groceries home in the old pair. Not good. I've found dresses more forgiving especially wrap ones or those with a bit of stretch. Can often span 2-3 sizes that way. I'm lucky that I have a reasonable wardrobe to slim into ( probably would have been luckier if I'd stayed a 12-14, but I'm being positive today). :)

Have a brilliant day.

Hi all, another solid day done.... Can't wait to get into that 14st bracket now!

I'm meeting the girls for "Lunch" on Saturday but I'll be "shakin' - n - sippin'":D Weigh In Sunday morning and there's no way I'm jeopardising getting to where I need to be over the next two weeks! I love my friends, but love me a heck of a lot more.

I hope everyone's had a brill day x

Ps : Clinquant, I like skirts and dresses too but they're off my radar until my knee gets sorted out :( It looks too fugly and weird if I have to put on my knee brace.... And the most random strangers seem to think it's acceptable to nosily ask "what've you done to your leg then?". I'm talking check out people in shops, random strangers you walk past, cab drivers.... It's so intrusive! They wouldn't say: "you've got a funny gait, diarrhoea is it?" - what on earth do you say to fob off these nosey nellies? So. I stick to trousers for now.... My appointment to see the Orthopaedic surgeon is March 4th - he better sort this mysterious knee growth/tennis-ball-lump before summer :mad: It's already been a year! I loooove my fifties skirts :)

hi there sorry for the drop out but now im back slightly bruised and bloated but ready to regroup and get back on track.
jx

Welcome back! The path to success isn't a straight line, but we will get there in the end no matter what!

I get you on the strangers asking about the knee. So rude! And why do they need to know.

Love the fifties style dresses. I think that's what I'm going to get for my friends wedding in August. I keep poring over all the dresses online but not at all confident to commit to anything yet. Might even manage a whole day in heels if I have 9stone less bearing down on the balls of my feet. :dooney:

I'm meeting a friend next week for lunch and will be sticking to plan. We were one's for long boozy lunches so I do feel a bit guilty. Don't think people understand how important this is. She's a therapist so she is supportive and does understand in theory but I guess there's a part of her that would like us to be ordering that second bottle of wine at 4pm instead of having another cup of tea and heading for the tube. We have decided to go to the Freud museum in Hampstead so that should be a bit of a distraction. Plus it's only one day and I'm not going to jeopardise Fourteenville for a lunch.

Is work still full on? Hope you have a brilliant day.

Welcome back! The path to success isn't a straight line, but we will get there in the end no matter what!

yip and i do so love taking the scenic route! still happy that im back before i regained all the weight. haven t even started the right, if you just get back to x you ll be fine and then cue another half stone well just get back to z and you be ok...........

so first mini goal is to get to 11st
jxx

Plus it's only one day and I'm not going to jeopardise Fourteenville for a lunch.*

Exactly! I love my girlfriends but this has been a solo trip (apart from my Mininins family of course ;)) - we have to keep things in perspective. Going out is all very good and well.... But who's with you when your day 3 grumbly tummy is growling like a rabid dog at 2am? The same chick who better not touch the mojitos that's who..... Fourteenville, here we come :D

As for work: still busy, still new and shiny.... But the new boss showed her ugly, bullying, psycho, shrieking-toddler side. Not. Pretty. I spent the last 7 years with a psychotic, cross dressing, grudge bearing nutter as a boss. Let's just say I'm suddenly very glad this crazy lady is going at the end of March. Nuff said. Horrible woman underneath all the gloss. Horrible. It looks like my 7 years of fighting a tyrant are about to pay off, all the old skills cane back like they never left, I must remember to bite my tongue though - no 14 years seniority/security to protect me here .... But if she tries to make me a scapegoat or screams at me in front of witnesses ever again (with attendant foot stomping and slapping of hands down on the meeting room table! I kid you not, even the others in the meeting had their mouths hanging open - chick looked stupid and crazy) I will happily be out of work after giving her the choicest piece of my mind. Cow. And what was her problem? She wanted me to explain a document she gave me drawn up by my predecessor in November - BEFORE I joined. And was angry it had no bullet points. She had a psychotic break because of bullet points. Like I said: crazy and stupid. My predecessor (her favourite pet) was IN the meeting with us!?!

But. I'm keeping my nut down and hoping to shine enough to get a contract of some description.... So far so good :D I'm staying positive because I have my surgery coming and refuse to let work nonsense mess with my mind. I'm not a heart surgeon nor do I earn millions for the family business.... All work drama is (ipso facto) bs. The bloom is officially off the rose BUT I love HR!

How was your day sweets? How was the group last night? Did you manage to stave off hunger by taking your shake in a 'Go Cup' on the bus? xx
How was

Last edited:
yip and i do so love taking the scenic route! still happy that im back before i regained all the weight. haven t even started the right, if you just get back to x you ll be fine and then cue another half stone well just get back to z and you be ok...........

so first mini goal is to get to 11st
jxx

Pfff.... You'll smash that. Easy :D

What's the damage? We talking full on SS? I just want to know how much I need to bug-encourage-yell-cheer you on. The beginning will be a pain in the a$$ as usual, but you're spot on..... You didn't wait until the bargaining with yourself was necessary. As I said: "Winner" x

Enough of all that, how're you? OH? Work? Life? Great to have you back missus xx

Pfff.... You'll smash that. Easy :D

What's the damage? We talking full on SS? I just want to know how much I need to bug-encourage-yell-cheer you on. The beginning will be a pain in the a$$ as usual, but you're spot on..... You didn't wait until the bargaining with yourself was necessary. As I said: "Winner" x

Enough of all that, how're you? OH? Work? Life? Great to have you back missus xx

damage has been put up for inspection on the stats no more hiding the dreaded truth. have lost a couple of pounds prior to update as i was slowly turning myself around. think i was so pee d of with the ketosis crash that i just thought, to hell with this, i ll have the weekend off....... 3 weeks later with much back and forth many days starting this is it back on the path... oh you just eaten 10 biscuits cue flood gates of munching. watching your double chin reappear i do not recommend it.
this time im just sticking to no ketosis healthy eating if my body rejected the ketosis i could freak again i ll stick with slow and dependable. its like i ve had 2 xmases lost one can lose this one too.

work as always is great in fact i ve had my busiest jan yet so all good there.
health is fine the tiredness is gone im back to my old self, so glad living in the fog was nada fun.

what helped me stop the binging was i was watching my beloved small clothes tightening up to the point of being unwearable in public and i thought NO! so many times after i ve gone up down a bit up a bit more, bargined, reneged re valued my goals, acclimatised to the new weight etc. there comes a point when you think WHY did you not just man up and deal with this????? at what point did the clothes get put back into the small clothes box and filed away till the next great hope?

so thinking of angel with her goal items i have mine still sitting in the wardrobe there are
the diesel jeans ( not for public consumption)
the skunkfunk dress
and the biba purple dress (as featured in my thread photo)
there is only 8 pounds between me and these items and i will get it back then will be back at ground zero

now on pyscho harridan
i have found that tackling these crazy s head on is the best option, in a polite manner of course! meet up with her in private and stated you were very surprised by her aggressive manner in the meeting was she ok? ( of course not she s a bully ) you are flashing that a her behaviour was unacceptable b you are concerned ( not blooming likely ) c your not to be trifled, bullies even with power rarely go for those that show strength, we re so animal kingdom it aint funny!

jxx

Jen, you're a frigging genius! I'll do that today - verbatim. This happened on Tuesday and I've just been chewing over it mentally (after my fury calmed down.... er...... Yesterday lol).

Slow and steady, diet and exercise are where we'll all be heading post ketosis anyway. 8lbs will be gone by this time next month, you're focused and the speed with which you brought yourself from the brink speaks volumes. Get your strategy set and kick a$$. You're the master of your universe and body, so get to mastering :D

How's that for first thing on a cold Friday morning? Hahaha

Have a healthy low carb day chick x

Having experienced the awful work situation you describe - where you think you are going to go mad- I actually went out and got this book http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snakes-Suits-When-Psychopaths-Work/dp/0061147893 It's very very interesting. Apparently 5% of all the As someone who always thought she could turn people round, the advice from the psychologist - a world expert on psychopaths - is just get away from them as fast as you can. So yes, thank goodness she is going. Mine took me ages to get over she was awful. Then recently she contacted me on LinkedIN to say that she had been so inspired by my weightloss (when I worked there in 08) that she had gone on to lose 8 stone herself and was going to become a Lighter Life Counsellor. She wanted to meet up. :rolleyes: A little people pleasing part of me considered it then I deleted the message and ran like the wind!! You should be able to cope till March particularly with some time off but get your force field up and ready.

Clinquant, thanks for the tip, I'm getting that book! I did what Skydragon suggested (verbatim, as promised) and the look on her face was priceless.... More importantly, her attempts to bully me and treat me like a glorified skivvy (which had been getting progressively worse since Tuesday) stopped DEAD. She was clearly surprised I challenged her (professionally and calmly) and would not budge from my assertion that I found her outburst aggressive but was more concerned for her (ha!). I'm so glad I had the strategy because like you Clinquant, after putting up with an animal for 7 years, I've promised myself never again. I'd rather go and work in McDonald's (apologies to the hard workers in Micky D's, but you know what I mean :)).

Job done :D

On a separate note, I've been feeling like I have another cyst, on the right ovary this time, for about four days now... (sorry to any fellas reading..... About to go into tmi and 'lady parts' lol) - just a cyst though with the weird twingeing ache not like the teratoma on the left. Well, this morning I've woken up with the period pain from hell.... And no period as yet, although it's due. So I'm back off to bed with nurofen and hot water bottle in hand! Still have to meet the girls at 2pm in London too. The things we ladies suffer. Unbelievable.

I'll check in again later and catch up properly, hugs and positive 'weight-loss' vibes to all xx

Clinquant, thanks for the tip, I'm getting that book! I did what Skydragon suggested (verbatim, as promised) and the look on her face was priceless.... More importantly, her attempts to bully me and treat me like a glorified skivvy (which had been getting progressively worse since Tuesday) stopped DEAD. She was clearly surprised I challenged her (professionally and calmly) and would not budge from my assertion that I found her outburst aggressive but was more concerned for her (ha!). I'm so glad I had the strategy because like you Clinquant, after putting up with an animal for 7 years, I've promised myself never again. I'd rather go and work in McDonald's (apologies to the hard workers in Micky D's, but you know what I mean :)).

Job done :D

On a separate note, I've been feeling like I have another cyst, on the right ovary this time, for about four days now... (sorry to any fellas reading..... About to go into tmi and 'lady parts' lol) - just a cyst though with the weird twingeing ache not like the teratoma on the left. Well, this morning I've woken up with the period pain from hell.... And no period as yet, although it's due. So I'm back off to bed with nurofen and hot water bottle in hand! Still have to meet the girls at 2pm in London too. The things we ladies suffer. Unbelievable.

I'll check in again later and catch up properly, hugs and positive 'weight-loss' vibes to all xx

thats rubbish on the pains hope you get that all sorted soon, being stabbed in the abdo is never an enjoyable experience.

think when dealing with bullies and i had years of experience your right, it is having strategies in place that helps to empower you. keeping a log of all incidents (and any witnesses) is also good too. i ve found the `concern`is what really throws them. so hopefully her last month of work will be a must pleasanter affair
for you.

jxx

oh bev! that sounds horrible. hope you feeling better today

:bighug:

did you manage to get to lunch?

Back