Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Hey Bev

I send bio oil - I've had stretch marks since I knew what they meant! Mine are never going away - but bio oil has helped lighten them (and other scratch marks courtesy my putty cats).

How are you feeling today? Are you back on Cambridge?

Yes, come back please, we miss you!

Hiya ladies! Apologies I've been gone so long.... I've been resting, sleeping and taking it easy. The belly button incision has been causing some drama *sigh* but in getting there. Luckily I had a stockpile of good 'ole Bio Oil on hand since November, so I've been slathering that on the giant bracket marks (aka stretch marks) on both sides of my still fat swollen tummy :D

The pain is hugely diminished, but the deep tissue aches and twinges keep sharing and making their presence felt - regardless of 'no work, no pay' I decided I just had to take the full two weeks to recuperate (can't sit bolt upright in a desk chair for more than 10 minutes anyway). I'm pretty grateful I didn't have the full invasive laparotomy though! Could you imagine? *shudder *

The bone deep weariness has been a bit of a revelation though! I was getting frustrated with myself until my beautiful 15 year old Sunshine Boy pointed out that cutting deep into my tummy was traumatic on my body - I think his exact words were "your body doesn't know the difference between being stabbed and surgery, it just knows it's been attacked". Seriously, can you believe this kid? He's so smart and mature for brief flashes of time then 2 minutes later he's screaming at his mates on the playstation and howling in manic glee as they protect Gotham City! :eek: Gotta love it.... And him :)

So I'm just reassuring my poor body that we're not under murderous attack and learning to look at dust bunnies and dropped socks with a shrug. Actually, considering my son has to scurry around behind me and pick up anything I drop I'm finding the reversal of roles quite liberating lol :D

As for the diet.... Well. I've never moved up the steps in all these years so I have no idea what step I'm emulating, but I have my morning shake, my lunch shake, then a low carb meal at dinner time. It's really difficult because I'm so bloated and chunky in the midriff, but I'm assuming it'll all settle down soon. I've not actually worn anything but night wear and sweats since the 14th. I'm schooling myself not to care - whatever damage is done on the scales will soon come off when I'm back in gear 100% :) And I WILL be back in gear for the final push to goal!

How has everyone been? Special shout out to Kira, Clinquant, FunnyFarm & Bonkers (hope I haven't forgotten anybody - Vikki!!!) and Vikki and Skydragon! :D Thanks for dropping by guys, and keeping me in your thoughts.... :thankyou:please forgive me for not checking in on your threads as often as you deserve - the mind is willing, but the body is weak. I'm barely awake right now to be perfectly honest. I've had surgery before and have been a bit shocked at how hard my body is struggling to come back from this, but I'm staying focused and positive.... What has this diet journey taught us so well? This too shall pass :D

Big hugs & kisses to you all xx

Awh!! Big hugs and kisses back sweetie!! Wow! Your Sunshine Boy is amazing! What an insightful thing to say and how lovely he is at trying to reassure you!

Rest and recuperate and when you are ready the "wagon' still be there ready for you to jump back on for the remainder of your weight loss journey. Don't forget you have already lost a significant amount of weight and have done brilliantly. I know you'll be back to get shot of the rest. x

hey Beverly

:hug99:

your boy is just a darling!

didn't realize you were on the next steps of CWP. are you doing this while recuperating or is it time you moved?

enjoy your time off and rest... once you get back to work you will be missing it!

speak later xx

Indeed very wise. Your body is doing everything it can to heal so everything else shuts down. I always think that time given to healing and recovery now will help avoid any problems later on. No time for heroics!!! And weight is definitely on the back burner and it's possible a bit of a shift in volume and calories will even help the metabolism when you are ready for that final push.

Keep taking care of yourself and check in when you can. :) We'll always be pleased to see you.

Aww Bev hun - big hugs and kisses to you too :) Your sunshine boy truly is very intelligent - however I also agree at shouting at friends on the xbox (when the other half's not looking I have a quick go teehee)

SS has been a nightmare this last week. I have struggled something rotten and not been on it 100% throughout the whole week! However, weigh in night tomorrow night (hope I don't break the scales :eek:) but I will be drawing a line under it and starting a fresh as of Saturday - come on willpower Vikki needs a big loss

Hope you feel better real soon hunni - take care xx

Hi Bev

Just checking in... Hope all ok.

Missing you xx

I'm baaaack :D

Hi all! Thank you, thank you, thank you for keeping the faith. I could feel all the good vibes and the hollering to come back to the party.... So here I am. I'm feeling more like myself, I have a solid hard won full day of SS under my belt (what's going on Vikki? We need to talk girl) and feeling positive about going back to work tomorrow :) In the immortal words of Skydragon: it's all good in my hood :D

I'm still having a drama with two of my incisions (the largest one just won't heal already), and TOTM from hell has just reared it's annoying head, but I feel so so ready to get back to my normal routine - which wonderfully includes spending an abnormal amount of time on Mininins lol

I hope everyone is doing fantastically well and that there have been ginormous and/or steady losses over the last two weeks ;) I've got some catching up to do! I don't think I've done too much damage, but I don't care yet - I just went with what I was craving and needed nutritionally (ahem. Some blow outs er we just won't mention: what happens post-op stays post-op lol) and I'll just have to focus in extra hard to get back to it. My CDC came over to bring my shakes last Thursday and suggested I not WI until the 14th March to get an aggregate month loss and not discourage myself (what's he tryin' to say? I don't look that bad. I hope.) so we'll see - 2 weeks eating and 2 weeks damage limitation.... Could be interesting!

I'm about to have a nice, albeit salty, Bath I'll check back in a little bit and catch up on your threads (now that I'm back 'online' - hurray) xx

I'm baaaack :D

Hi all! Thank you, thank you, thank you for keeping the faith. I could feel all the good vibes and the hollering to come back to the party.... So here I am. I'm feeling more like myself, I have a solid hard won full day of SS under my belt (what's going on Vikki? We need to talk girl) and feeling positive about going back to work tomorrow :) In the immortal words of Skydragon: it's all good in my hood :D

I'm still having a drama with two of my incisions (the largest one just won't heal already), and TOTM from hell has just reared it's annoying head, but I feel so so ready to get back to my normal routine - which wonderfully includes spending an abnormal amount of time on Mininins lol

I hope everyone is doing fantastically well and that there have been ginormous and/or steady losses over the last two weeks ;) I've got some catching up to do! I don't think I've done too much damage, but I don't care yet - I just went with what I was craving and needed nutritionally (ahem. Some blow outs er we just won't mention: what happens post-op stays post-op lol) and I'll just have to focus in extra hard to get back to it. My CDC came over to bring my shakes last Thursday and suggested I not WI until the 14th March to get an aggregate month loss and not discourage myself (what's he tryin' to say? I don't look that bad. I hope.) so we'll see - 2 weeks eating and 2 weeks damage limitation.... Could be interesting!

I'm about to have a nice, albeit salty, Bath I'll check back in a little bit and catch up on your threads (now that I'm back 'online' - hurray) xx

Welcome back!!! So happy to hear all going good (except TOTM and the two incisions) - but you sound like your normal self so yay!!!

:welcome2::party0011::party0019:

Welcome back! How's the gassy tummy/stretch mark situation doing?

Hope your well my lovely!

Read through the posts & saw you had keyhole surgery? I had that when I had massive gallstone problems (they were blocking my bile duct and my liver was failing!) and I know that horrible gassy feeling from them blowing you up.

Just take it easy and you'll be feeling better soon!

My scars from the keyhole surgery never went however they are very light so don't threat too much!

xoxo

How you doing Bev? Work must be hectic as I haven't "seen" you here

:wavey:

Hellloooo Campers! Hi di Hi.....

Well I wish I'd listened to you all, went back to work and really struggled with the fatigue.... So much so that I literally crashed on Wednesday and couldn't move I was so bone deep tired! It was lovely to go back, and every single person was so concerned and really sweet, but I obviously tried to do way too much too soon.

Anyway, managed to do an entire day today (agency work, so if I don't work I don't get paid) and then met a dear friend after work for 'drinks'. As it's my day 2 (again) I sloped off at 5pm and made up my shake :D drank it consciously and slowly, freshened up my make up and was fortified to meet up for..... Water lol

Had a really lovely time ; I love that girl to bits! But when did we get so old and grown that I'm in the bath and ready for bed at 11pm!?!

It's been brilliant catching up on everyone's news and all the different threads but it takes forever doesn't it? lol Goodness, I've missed this and missed you all.

xx

Back