The Last Stone

Thanks :) I managed about 20 mins on the treadmill, I'm hoping if I take it slow I won't do any further damage!

Eek how exciting for the wedding! Do you have ideas already?

Just had a hot choc and about to brush my teeth I'm done for the evening. Absolutely knackered from the gym, after we did week 3 of couch 2 5k, we then went on the weight machines for 15 mins then did a mini arms class followed by a mini abs class. We were in the gym for almost two hours! I am SO unfit it's horrendous!!! Scary how quickly strength and stamina regresses.

Got home just after 8 and whipped up the pork steaks for tea. Really yum.

So food for the day:

B
None

L
Itsu chicken noodle soup 219 (this stuff is DIVINEEEEEEEE)
Itsu junior salmon and tuna sushi 165

D
Waitrose pork shoulder steak 309 (poss less but I didn't weigh the steak so put 150g to be safe)
1/2 pack of tilda coconut rice 184 (actually only gave myself 1/3 and 2/3 to my bf)
Mange tout 26
Soy sauce 28
Honey 30
Five spice powder 12

Activia banoffee pot 116
Hot choc with ss milk 50

TOTAL 1,138

image-563188328.jpg

Last edited:
STILL 9st 8!!!!! SO annoyed as have been really good this week and had a down day yest. Only explanation is water retention owing to getting back into the gym?

Yesterday's food

L
Pop chips 100
Pineapple 50
Grapes 83

D
1/2 pot of Glorious Malaysian Chicken soup 207
Hot choc with ss milk 75

TOTAL 515

Back to the gym this evening still really sore but going to do the next couch25k and some weights. Hopefully I'll drop two lbs next week to make up for this sts :( :(

Lots of wedding ideas flying about my mind but I'm sooo indecisive it's unreal haha. I asked my sister, cousin and best friend to be my bridesmaids and know that I definitely want them in knee/tea-length chiffon dresses but not sure about the colour. Maybe a blue topaz like my engagement ring. I also like deep pink.

That sounds like quite the gym session you had - I wouldn't get too down about your sts. I know it must be frustrating for you now but you honestly just gotta stick with it! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a double loss next week :)

Oh I love blue and think it suits pretty much everyone :) Thanks for the vibes. So irritating but I know you are right I have to stick at it. Feeling annoyed but not unmotivated so that is something. Still had no chocolate and feeling quite strong on the possibility of making to the end of Jan with no choc or booze!

Yesterday's food...

B
None

L
Blueberries 114
Sweet and salt proper corn 128

D
I made a stew type thing from left over soup, veg and roast chicken. It was scrumptious! I have put in over estimations for all the ingredients so my serving was probably actually less than this.
Glorious soup malaysian chick 1/2 pot 207
Orzo 355
Broccoli 52
Mushrooms 13
Butternut squash 62
Seasoning and oil (drizzle of grapeseed oil and sprinkling of mixed herbs and curry powder) 20
Small amount of left over roast chicken 136

Choc light ovaltine 170
3x mini waitrose mincepies! 333 (WHAT a box of 12 was 66p!!!!!!!!!!)

TOTAL 1,590
Went to the gym and did #2 of week 3 Couch25k followed by 15 min weights and 15 min core work and stretching.

Determined to behave myself over the weekend and get another two fast days in next week to ensure a loss next Thursday.

Ok so weekend done. No alcohol or chocolate but was quite high on calories and had a burger and chips followed by crumble on Saturday!!! No binges but around 1500-2000 calories Fri-Sun probably. Need to ensure I do the two fast days properly this week - today and Wednesday. Did week 3 of the Couch to 5k at the weekend and I have Body Pump and Body Balance this evening. Working hard to exercise as much as I can.

Saw that mini eggs are in the shops!!! They are my all time favourite choc, but I have made it so far I am determined to get to the end of Jan. Having said that I have been having hot chocolate in the evenings and had some chocolate icecream last night but still!

Need to be 9st 7 or ideally 9st 6 by Thursday.

Fast day going well. Have had lunch as going to double gym class so dont want to feel weak.

Special K cracker crisps 95
Grape and apple snack pack 41
Coffee w ss milk 14

150 calories so far. 1/2 pot of Glorious soup this evening (another 150 calories)
I am detemined to make this work. I MUST LOSE 1/2 STONE BY VEGAS

Fast day completed !!! WOHOO. Was starving after the gym so ate the whole pot of soup (174 calories) and 3 swedish meatballs (105 calories). Then brushed my teeth and finished on 429. Determined to do another proper fast on Wednesday.

Gym was good, I am concentrating on getting my form perfect in Body Pump before I up the weights. I want to be able to do the whole session perfectly before I increase the weights. I still find it hard using the 2.5 kgs anyway! Followed it with Body Balance and the new teacher is fantastic, much more dynamic and actually really challenging mix of yoga, pilates and tai chi. Loved it. Got to start the week 4 runs from couch to 5km this evening. I think its 2x 5min run and 2x 3min runs. Hopefully we can run outside as its much nicer than the treadmill and my ankle is feeling much better (finally). Planning on soy salmon with green beans, brocolli and noodles this evening. Not sure for lunch but want to keep to 1200-1300 calories.

Last edited:
Yesterday..........

B
Green tea 0

L
Tesco edamame bean salad 190
Special k cracker crisps 95
Coffee with ss milk 14
Apple and grape snack pack 46

D
Salmon fillet 290
Soya sauce 28
Honey 40
Seasame seeds 20
Seasame oil 68
Sweet chilli sauce 69
Puy lentils and quinoa 222
Green beans 40

Chocolate ovaltine 75

TOTAL 1,196

Dinner was sooooooooooo delicious its my favourite meal at the moment. The salmon is so tasty and easy, I just bung it in foil and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Then drizzle with a bit of honey, splash of soya sauce and drizzle of toasted sesame oil (actually use less than my measurements above) then sprinkle some seasame seeds over and bake it in the oven. Last 5 min I undo the foil and grill the top so it goes a bit caramelised and crispy. It is really delish and filling you only really need veg. Loads of green beans or brocolli cooked with more chilli and some garlic and ginger. YUM. I highly recommend the Ocado/waitrose salmon so much nicer than Sainsbury fillets they are measley and the taste and texture isn't great at all. The ocado ones are larger and so silky and yum.

I also did Week 4 of Couch to 5km along the Thames after work and then went to the gym and did weights and an abs class for 45 min.

Today I want to complete another fast day. Planning on cracker crisps and fruit at lunch with coffee (around 150 cals total) and then either a mushroom omlette or soup this evening. Determined to have a good weigh in tomorrow as last week was disappointing.

9 st 5 this morning wohoooo
So happy! I am now 1lb ahead of my "plan" of a pound a week :)

I was a bit worried as I didn't go to the gym and didn't have the omlette I planned for dinner but a portion of my homemade cottage pie that I made for my bf and my parents as they were staying!

Yesterday
B
Green tea 0

L
Special k crisps 95 (should probably stop eating these as full of crap but they are tasty and keep me quite full)
Apple and grape snack pack 46

D
Cottage pie serving (1 scoop over a lot of wilted spinach) 336
Chocolate light ovaltine 77
2x mini shortbread biscuits 50

TOTAL 604

I am going to do the next C25K at lunch on the treadmill as going for dinner this evening. Will keep low at lunch so I can have something tasty for dinner and maybe a pud and keep to 1200-1300 calories. Still had no choc (despite my parents giving me a box last night!) and no alcohol despite serving my parents my fave Ned Sauvingon Blanc with their meal! Feeling motivated- only 5 lbs til first goal. Only 6lbs til I will see the 8s!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Erin I was super happy!

Dinner with my parents was delicious but ate A LOT so having a super healthy day today as don't want to ruin my hard work. I managed to do C25K at the gym on my lunch break so that was good and my next run will be at the weekend.

Yesterday

B - none

L
Strawberries 68
Nakd bar 145

D
Starter - scotch egg 300
Main - chicken hot pot 333 (was chicken with veg and mash... not really a hot pot... I ate 3/4s of it)
Dessert - shared a crumble 395

I drank water and a diet coke with the meal.

Also had some shortbread! 420

TOTAL 1,756
Obviously thats an estimate since all the dinner was cooked at the restuarant so can't be certain. I ate too much as it was so delicious and felt a bit uncomfortable last night, tummy still feels soooo full now. Will see how I feel at lunch and have something light and then probably left overs for dinner this evening.

Well I managed to eat my way through an entire pot of Ben&Jerry's from Friday - Sunday so probably going to have a disappointing weigh in on Thursday! Whoops!

Fast day today and feeling fine, will probably have coffee and a nakd bar this afternoon as I am going to the gym after work. Will have a two egg omlette for dinner. Hopefully I can get rid of the damage done !

Hello berry!
Long time no speak! Looks like your doing great on the fasting some really yummy food on here and some very naughty treats lol. I've not been on here in ages but seen u commented on my desperate plea for help! Been losing the last bit of weight sooooooooo slowly it's winding me up! 4.5stone down, 1.5st to goooooo!!

Keep going with it Hun! I've just committed to 100days at 100% to get these last 20lb off for good! I'll make sure I keep dipping in to see how your doing!

:) xxx

Hellooo there so glad you are doing well! I think the last bit is sooo tough but your 100 100% days is a fantastic idea and will get you there no problem!

I am really enjoying 5:2 and finding it gets easier each week to keep to the fast and I am getting better at not overeating. I love having the naughty stuff and not feeling guilty! Although the entire tub of Ben&Jerry's was rather excessive!

Yesterdays food

B
None

L
Nakd bar 135
Coffee 14

D - omlette as above (looks horrific but was actually pretty tasty and very filling)
2 medium eggs 155
4x cherry tomato 6
2x mushroom 3
25g cheddar cheese 78
Curly kale 8
Cottage cheese 65
Spinach and rocket 5

TOTAL 470

I also went to the gym and did Body Pump followed by Body Balance... knackering on no food!

Sticking to under 1,200 cals today and doing the next C25K session along the river after work.

Best of luck with your WI this week - hopefully the good fast days & exercise will help combat the Ben & Jerry's ;)

Thanks dude.

Good day yesterday. Tasty food but not too much and did the C25K run along the Thames with my friend even though it was chilly out and I was tired.

B
None

L
Tesco chicken and superfood salad 98 (tasteless - won't buy again)
Coffee 14

D - turkey meatballs
Turkey mince 295
1 egg 78
Onion 31
Tinned toms 48
Parmesan 44
Curly kale 33

S
6 x ricecakes 180
Peanut butter 190

TOTAL 1,106

Fast day today. Feel ok, a bit tired so may have a green tea in a moment to tide me over til lunch. Plan for food is coffee and cracker crisps at lunch then soup and hot choc this evening. I have my gym stuff but I think I will probably leave it as it makes me hungrier and I have a lot to do at work.

Thanks dude. Good day yesterday. Tasty food but not too much and did the C25K run along the Thames with my friend even though it was chilly out and I was tired. B None L Tesco chicken and superfood salad 98 (tasteless - won't buy again) Special k cracker crisps 95 Coffee 14 D - turkey meatballs Turkey mince 295 1 egg 78 Onion 31 Tinned toms 48 Parmesan 44 Curly kale 33 S 6 x ricecakes 180 Peanut butter 190 TOTAL 1,106 Fast day today. Feel ok, a bit tired so may have a green tea in a moment to tide me over til lunch. Plan for food is coffee and cracker crisps at lunch then soup and hot choc this evening. I have my gym stuff but I think I will probably leave it as it makes me hungrier and I have a lot to do at work.

The gym makes me soooooo hungry too! I'm addicted to green tea now and I even had my first ever coffee today I bought a latte in costa to give it a try and now I think I'm addicted lol x

MM I love coffee and green tea too. I have these stupid invisalign braces at the moment and you can't drink hot drinks with them in. It is torture!!

Had a sucessful fast on Wednesday 462 calories but stayed the same on WI Thursday morning at 9st 5. Its ok though as still on track for my losses taking into account the whoosh last week.

Was out of the office in meetings all day yesterday. Made a good choice for lunch had diablo chicken in an italian resturant which was just chicken breat in tomato and chilli sauce. Really spicy and nice. I just had salad no chips or anything.

I had 2x malted milk biscuits in a client meeting later on.

However I was STARVING hungry after a loooong cold train journey getting back to the flat around 9pm and ate a pack of monster munch, 2x crumpets and a load of oat and raisin cookies. STUPID. It was an 'up day' so not a disaster but still, should have made better choices. Scales were still 9,5 this morn but it would probably be delayed as I scoffed it all so late at night! :(

This evening having a load of my girlfriends over and doing a mexican spread: nachos, fajitas and tacos. I am still going strong dry jan so that will help and also no chocolate. Will try and be sensible and not fall face first into a bowl of haribo or anything! Going to run at the gym during lunch as did not exercise except walking about yesterday.

Wish me luck for the weekend- it is ALWAYS my downfall. After the mexican feast this eve I have a friend's birthday curry on Saturday then probably a usual Sunday lunch at my bf parents. Will just need to eat what I like but not stuff myself and make sure I get two strict fast days next week. I probably will do Tues & Thurs rather than Mon & Wed as I have a client lunch on Monday. I will see how it goes if I have something I think is <500 and I can go without dinner I will keep Mon & Weds. Anyyyway blathering... nearly the weekend THANK GOD

Weekend food intake was ridiculous and included - fajitas and tacos on Friday night, hot cross buns Saturday morning then a curry in the evening plus fizzy strawb laces! Sunday I had banana pancakes, a hummus and halloumi burger, tuna steak and sticky toffee pud!! No hope of a loss this week I don't think.

I am trying to do a 500 day today but I have a lunch meeting so just figuring out whether it will be in a restuarant or in-house. If it is in the office, I can have 1x small sandwich and fruit and then have miso soup or something this eve and that should be >500. If its in a restuarant I can probably have soup, but it will likely be more calorific.

Need to stop ruining all my work in the week at the weekends or I will never make goal. I can maintain happily but I am overeating on the weekends just for the sake of it. So stupid. Need to do W6R1 of Couch to 5K this evening and also my plank challenge as I haven't done that since Thursday!

Back