The Lent challenge

No date Sue - wanted to set a small goal first which I may extend a couple of weeks . Want to lose a stone before 15th April - we may be booking a holiday for then. Will set another goal once I have lost the stone . We are off to the boat this weekend which will give me free space to focus more . I plan a cheat free weekend filled with lots of healthy food . Have you got plans for weekend ?

Hubby has just said he fancys a long walk on Saturday so just wondering were to go.....and I haven't seen weather forcast yet. But need to exersise I'm defo not doing enough, but nothing as nice as you going to the boat sounds like a lovely escape x

Debbie it sounds lovely x

I adore Labradors,the eratic hours my hubby and me work doesn't allow for a dog. But we always say when we retire we'll get a golden Labrador, my dad had a one I loved him big fat fella he was we watched him for a week and he laughed when he got back he said "bloody hell susan, went away for a week left you with a labrador, came back too a whippet "! Bit over a over reaction I did walk him a lot, but hey....he needed it x We live close to a dog rescue centre and they allow the dogs to stay weekend/weeks as a restbite at your home (after assessment) apparently it helps the animals de-stress anyway I'd love this as I don't wrk fri/sat/sun and could do it but hubbys put his foot down as he knows once that pooch is in my home I couldn't send it back....I'm very soft hearted x as for your boat being a bolt hold my sister in law us a caravan owner for the same reason and hers is a static in Berwick.....more like a bungalow than than a van a tranquil retreat.

Chester is eighteen months old now and such a character . He loves being at the boat and likes to sit on the back watching the world go by . There are some woods closeby with a river and a lake . When we get to the boat he desperately wants to go to the woods for lots of sniffing running and swimming !

Orrr I'm so envious, my niece will only have chocolate labs x they are a beautiful nature. My dad has got a boxer now, he's just over 1 year and sooo powerful too powerful for my dad he's beautiful natured so playfull but dad needs to get a trainer in 'zac' thinks he's in charge...... trouble ahead....and a heart attack for my dad with the constant pushing and pulling so, worried about him, he should have got a rescue dog with a bit of age.

I am not surprised you are worried . Dogs are stronger than you think !
How's the diet going ? I have had a few small nibbles off plan this week so have for to knuckle down . Cruise booked and just over a month to it so gotta be strict !

Debbie you've got more insentive now, so no more picking lol. My weight loss is none exsistant this week so far, official weigh in monday though. I've not cheated haven't been tempted, so don't know what I'm doing wrong I'm not expecting a miracle just a steady 2lb a week would do. Keep your picking to syn free and you'll be fabulous on the captains table x which cruise have you booked?

You are right I have got a great incentive ! I must get my head into a better gear . We are the boat now . Log fire, oven is on with healthy turkey breast in, sweet potatoes and courgettes gotta fill up on veg on extra easy . Could kill for gravy though lol . No pain no gain eh ? What are you having ? By the way, my partner is going to get chips and curry sauce to go with his !!!.....just had an idea...... Will make a healthy curry sauce !! Cooker here I come !!

Cruise sounds fab x I love holidays. can't you have a little gravy granuals with no added fat to wet your veg? Well all housework done. Rest of weekend mine nothing to do so time is my own after we pop to tesco when hubby gets in need to stockup on meat and cooked meats made pan lentil soup earlier nearly broke my diet but focused again. When I get back from supermarket going to try same recipie without lentils and thicken with cornflour? Decided to walk into Durham tomorrow afternoon weather supposed to be ok. Will take the long route along the riverside. Need to go to asian shop for noodles and berries. Then decide what to do with them. Hahaha sounds like me and you doing a lot of cooking this weekend.

Sounds like you are going to have a nice weekend too with a walk along the river . I just met a couple from Durham who have a food pub there . They have a canal boat and get away at weekends near where we moor. I love shopping in Asian food shops, so colourful, lots of lovely spices, vegetables and nice people ! I usually go to satisfy my spice fetish when my partner is at work !! Hope you enjoy your meal . I managed to make myself a curry sauce which is amazingly like a Chinese one . I sautéed finely chopped onion, carrot and added a tablespoon of curry powder . Then I added water , brought it to the boil and tasted it - horrible lol. I had a satsuma in my bag, so chopped that up, added it to the sauce, seasoned - still not quite right, so added a teaspoon of honey and some chicken stock . I blitzed it and asked my partner to taste it - he loves it !! Looks like proper curry sauce and tastes almost identical ! Unbelievable !!!

Hahaha very imaginative, but you've set me off now think I'll look at Dukan recipies fancy a curry now. Well hubbys in from work so off shopping.

Hi Sue , did you make a curry ? I sat reading my slimming world magazine last night and there are some great recipes in it, so I am refocused and raring to go . Don't expect a loss this week but now the cruise has been booked I will knuckle down . What's a typical breakfast on the Dukan ?

Morning Debbie, no I never had time for a curry popped into homw bargins for a new muffin tin aswell as tesco's and its a bigun so dragged hubby all over looked at new arrivals in the clothes department some nice shift summer dresses but of course won't buy till I get to " My true weight" which is calculated from Dukan its your hight, age, how many children you have had so 2.5 stone to go! Yeah Debbie I usually have yogurt and 2 tablespoons of oat bran mixed in just because of time but after I've had this 1st coffee if the day, and even better than that its the first coffee of a new jar mmmmmmm, I'm going to have another coffee I know your thinking how rock and roll lol and today going to make my bran into porridge with a little sweetner. Bet you've had a fabulous fry up?

Ha ha Sue you are so right ! Bacon medallions, egg and tomatoes - well someone's gotta do it ! Well , off to satisfy another of my obsessions - supermarket shopping. Think I will get my fix from Morrisons today ! Reading my SW mag has out all sorts of ideas into my head - I am thinking glazed carrots with our steak tonight . Toodle Pip !!!

I'm the same I love supermarket shopping x my friend hates it she allways says to me I should become a private supermarket shopper, I look for bargins read labels the lot lol, bit sad really and when they move things my slight ocd kicks in.....wish they'd leave thing alone hahaha hubby says we get 1 day off a week together and doesn't matter what the day starts with he'll be dragged in a shop sometime lol, he likes to twist.... sometimes its funny, other times I could quite easy strangle him orrr bless him grrrrrrr <3

Your hubby sounds a good laugh ! I just nearly broke my back carrying the 'couple' of things I needed back to the boat . At least it was exercise ! Turkey salad for lunch but first feet up with a
Coffee and supermarket magazine . Hope I don't get tempted - I am easily influenced !

Back