The (Little) Marge That Could

It won't be long now and you'll be feeling much better tomorrow or the day after!

Good luck

Thanks Charlie! I am still feeling really tired but much better now that i am curled up in bed with my duvet and not running around like a headless chook!!! Need this term to be over now so that i can go on holiday and recover!!! :)

Food Diary - Attack Day 2

B - vanilla, cinnamon oat bran porridge and a boiled egg
L - 8 fish sticks and a packet of smoked salmon (s); 2 chicken thighs (m)
S - none felt too full
D - prawns and 'be good to yourself' smoked bacon medallions

Feeling VERY full, satisfied and over the moon at another 100% Dukan kan kan day! Whoop whoop!

And i even made fish cakes with chips for hubby and did not take a single bite of the chips (or cakes)!!!! :angel09:

Well done Hun, keep going x

Sending myself a little bonkers at the moment reading research articles on low carb diets during pregnancy - some say its fine, others say its not.... I want to be as healthy as possible and am still in the obese range of the BMI... Can't decide what to do... I guess i'll keep reading and then make a decision when i find out for sure whether i am or not.

Feeling really really bloated, not hungry and very gutted... Had a sneaky peak on the old scales and I've only lost 0.8 lbs after two days of Attack :( Was hoping for a pound a day so I might have to extend attack till Sunday... Then I find out next week whether i am or not and that might mean changing the diet completely!! :( Today is not a good day but I will persevere!

I'm also wondering if maybe I should eliminate some items that maybe causing the issues - going to cut out soya milk (bye bye yummy porridge :( ) and fish sticks and see how I go... How I'm going to incorporate the oat bran with no dairy I don't know!!

Any ideas?

Think a poo would sort me right out at the moment but the poo appears to have gone missing - looking in the mirror I have strong evidence to suggest it's hiding in my belly.....

Cheers P, it sorted itself out (sort of) just after lunch but still feeling massively bloated! Unfortunately these are all the signs i get before I have my period so it's looking like we will need to keep trying :( Shame, I was looking forward to being belly buddies!! :D

Oh, sorry to hear that :(

Have you thought about/tried a Clearblue ovulation monitor? Have used it myself twice and it's worked very quickly twice!!

P x

Paulinegin said:
Oh, sorry to hear that :(

Have you thought about/tried a Clearblue ovulation monitor? Have used it myself twice and it's worked very quickly twice!!

P x

I have seen them in the shop but thought i would try my luck first using 3 different apps to predict when I would ovulate!!! If the test is definitely negative on Sunday I will get one for next time... I'll have to hide it from hubby though as I'm sure he'll go spare when he finds out how much they cost!! He's the financial arm of the family as I am rubbish with money :)

Thanks though P :) xx

Evening marg x how's the tiredness? And are you taking the recommend vitamins? Can you take them if you think you pregnant ? Hahaha I'm interegating you again lol

Evening Sid! Feeling much better thank you - not tired anymore just really bloated!

The only vitamins I'm taking are the conception ones, I'm not allowed normal ones because they contain vitamins that are toxic for the baby.

Are you supposed to take vitamins on Dukan? I knew I should have read the book properly and not been distracted by the pretty pictures!!!

Yes its recommend, I didn't at the start and was exhaust, so I take a daily multi vitamin and still get tired lol could be my age ;-) good to hear your feeling not so tired but the bloating.....asparagus is a good flushing veg, when on cruise. I eat it twice a week love it x

Food Diary - Day 3 Attack

B - smoked salmon wrapped in chicken slices x 3
L - tin of tuna with some vinegar to make it less dry and a boiled egg
S - came home from work starving so had a small steak!!!!!
D - braesola (s); 3 drumsticks and 1 thigh (m)

I am a bit of an eating machine today!! But i must have a halo above my head today (oh yes, look here it is: :innocent0002: ) because despite being very hungry (didn't pack enough food and didn't have a backup) in an office FULL OF CAKE - i did not even touch, smell, walk past it purposefully, or linger next to it, as i usually would! YIPPEE!

AND.... I did an hour of Zumba and an hour of belly dancing too.... If the pounds don't start shifting soon.... There will be war!!! :) Joking :)

Marg your sooooooo in the Dulan zone....go girl...x

The Marge remains whoosh free on the scales this morning, despite whooshing in other areas I won't mention... Scales had me at 12:13.6 so that's a 2.4 lb loss after 3 days of attack, something tells me I won't make it to the 4 lbs the good Dr said I would lose after 5 days of attack. Still it's going down which is the direction that we want...

2 more days of Attack and then I'll be Cruisin' with the Cool Kids :)

Back