the long journey back to pre-baby weight...

stripedsocks

I suddenly realised in January when my youngest daughter turned 3 that I could no longer blame baby-weight for the spare tyre Imm carrying around my middle. I had a bit of a flirtation with slimming world, but it didn't really suit me - the fact that I could eat whatever quantities of free food meant that when I did go on a junk food bender, my stomach was happy to accept more and more of whatever it was that I was pigging down. I've been calorie counting on and off since April (more off than on!) However a fortnight ago I decided enough was enough and the rolls have gotta go!

Apart from anything else, I feel like it's starting to affect my relationship with my husband. He's quite a hottie, and I wasn't bad myself when we got together when I was 21. He's retained his looks and his figure, and although I *think* he still finds me attractive, because I don't feel it myself I am starting to have confidence issues and *teeny* jealousy issues.

So on Saturday I weighed in at 9st 13lb, and my goal is 8st 13lb (I think)

Enough of why i'm doing it, anyhoooo!
Food today:
B - chewee cereal bar (gross, but was in a rush) 92cal
L - homemade ham sandwich, apple and a small bag of crisps 427 cal
D - will be fishfingers, a potato waffle and beans at 474cals - I usually don't touch stuff like that but we have a very busy evening ahead!
I'll have a large banana at some point too.
Exercise will be half an hour on the Ea Active, about 130cals worth.

And then I'll collapse on the sofa with a large vodka and tonic!

Sent from my Milestone using MiniMins

Hi hun,

nice to meet you. I enjoyed reading your entry, but when it got to the bottom and I saw those 4 magic words, I knew we would get on!!! :D

Large vodka and tonic!!!!!

Welcome! Don't worry, I'm still blaming it on baby weight and my "little" one is 5 years old and four foot tall!!:D

You know, I think I'm going to have to give Vodka a go....I'm usually a wine person but lot less calories in vodka (depending on how big a one you pour though!;))

Bumble
xx

Good luck! You can do it. I'll no doubt be popping into your diary to offer my 2 pence on your food! Prepare to be annoyed :D

Good luck!

Cheers ladies :) and a clink of vodka glasses too!!

Dinner tonight got changed to 2 eggs cooked in fry-light, a waffle and beans as I just did not fancy fishfingers! Also exercise tonight has kind of fallen by the wayside... it is my Dad's birthday today and we went round after I finished work, and I refused the lovely lemon cake that his gf had made him so I figure that balances out doing no exercise ;) My oldest mini-me has his school trip tomorrow so lots to sort out tonight and.... EXCUSES EXCUSES! I'm having a can't be arsed day, realistically!!!

Cheers ladies :) and a clink of vodka glasses too!!

Dinner tonight got changed to 2 eggs cooked in fry-light, a waffle and beans as I just did not fancy fishfingers! Also exercise tonight has kind of fallen by the wayside... it is my Dad's birthday today and we went round after I finished work, and I refused the lovely lemon cake that his gf had made him so I figure that balances out doing no exercise ;) My oldest mini-me has his school trip tomorrow so lots to sort out tonight and.... EXCUSES EXCUSES! I'm having a can't be arsed day, realistically!!!

Nothing wrong with "can't be arsed"!! :)

...ing (hit enter by accident!) about dinner already... I'm knocking myself and the husband up a chicken curry and saag aloo, and we're having a snuggly evening on the sofa - these evenings are few and far between due to our conflicting interests/timetables and our very errr, *demanding* (to put it kindly - she's a little odd!) 3 year old! Oh, and our dog who mostly thinks that i'm HIS wife... worrying...

Sooo food today:
B - skipped :-/
Lunch - homemade egg sarnie, walkers crisps - 374cal
D - chicken curry and saag aloo which will come in at about 500.
Will also have an apple and a banana at some point - 150ish cal
AND a 2 small vodka and tonics.

Exercise will be half an hour on the elliptical cross trainer... lordy knows how many calories THAT burns as everywhere I look it says something different :-D

Mmmm fried egg an waffles!!! Yummy yummy kid food lol :) enjoy the night in!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kirsty_baird_26 said:
Goodluck you seem to be organised despite your skipped breakfast but these things happen! Id go with the calories on my fitness plan, its seems to be pretty accurate!! I love how you manage to fit in your vodkas :)

I neeeeed a little drinky on a night! If I deprive myself of my evening tipple, I feel like I'm DIETING or something! ;)

I'm feeling awaful today! Suffering really badly from constipation (haven't *been* since Saturday morning!!) and feel like I have a stomach full of lead :( not good at all. Looking back at my diary, i'm seeing that my intake has been fairly fruit and veg light, so that may be why :(

I'm also really busy at work due to a colleague being on holiday... jealous of her sunning herself while I'm sitting in the office looking out at the miserable grey Teesside skyline...

On the upside, the husband said last night that my boobs looked bigger coz my stomach looked smaller - result! :-D

B - 1 slice toast with low sugar jam - 133cals
L - tinned soup, banana, crisps - 401cals
D - half a pizza - 433cals. Might have some veg or a few oven chips with this too.

Perhaps a bar of choc tonight at about 180cals.

Exercise - none today, feeling too sluggish (well, not unless I decided to jump on the husband later ;) )

I caved on the 'transit' issues lol now I just gobble down a dulcolax when it gets bad! They're really gentle. But do the trick!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back