The 'Look What We Found!' Range

heidiseeky

Thought I'd make people aware that the 250g pot of Tees Valley Beef Casserole is only 1.5 syns. It is quite expensive at £2.99 but it was really useful as an 'emergency' meal when I was at work and hadn't planned my lunch. Also, very tasty and filling :)

There are other Tees Valley meals in the range which, mostly, are low syn but other meals from different areas can be quite high.

I got mine from Sainsburys but I've seen them in Tesco and Morrisons too, they're usually near the express rice and noodles.

image-1529590038.jpg

Have I calculated this right 10.8 syns!?

1 syn on EE and Red, 8.5 on Green - you may have got such a high syn value by calculating the whole thing rather than just the syns, if that makes sense?!

1 syn on EE and Red, 8.5 on Green - you may have got such a high syn value by calculating the whole thing rather than just the syns, if that makes sense?!

Thank you Hediseeky. I'm a bit confused now, I calculated the values on the packet.

Per 100g 80 kcal
divide by 20, then by 100 finally multiply by weight 270g (was planning on eating the lot) :p

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for your time,

SB

I just checked it on the SW website and it came up as only 1 syn for the whole thing.

I think it's less syns than your calculation because, when using the 1 syn per 20 calories rule, it only works if there is no free food allowance (chocolate bars, sweets etc).

Does that make sense because I don't know if I'm explaining it very well! Maybe one of the more experienced members can help?

Thank you Hediseeky. I'm a bit confused now, I calculated the values on the packet.

Per 100g 80 kcal
divide by 20, then by 100 finally multiply by weight 270g (was planning on eating the lot) :p

Where am I going wrong?

Thanks for your time,

SB

I just checked it on the SW website and it came up as only 1 syn for the whole thing.

I think it's less syns than your calculation because, when using the 1 syn per 20 calories rule, it only works if there is no free food allowance (chocolate bars, sweets etc).

Does that make sense because I don't know if I'm explaining it very well! Maybe one of the more experienced members can help?

You explained it exactly right :) the 1 syn for every 20 cals only applies if the item doesn't have a free food allowance. You'd need to use the syn calculator or syns online for anything that is based round a free food :) enjoy

Thanks both of you. I looked through the search engine, and found out my answer.....I need to be a member to work out syns which contain free food.

Some of the "look what we found" range is on special offer at Aldi from this Sunday. I have deleted the email I got from them now, but you can find out more from their website.

Back