THE LUNCH BOX DIET!! Buddies Wanted! apply within....

Zoticus

Monster Scoffer
I started dieting on the 1st Feb this year, 5 months and 4 diet plans later I've lost 15lb. I started with the new Pro Points system from weight watchers, that didnt work for me, I then went on to calorie count which worked for a little while but then I hit a plateau, I then tried the old Weight Watchers plan and that had super slow results, finally I tried Slimming World which worked slightly but isn't for me.

Today, after my most recent weigh in and a STS result I'm opting to try something else which is when I came across the Lunch Box Diet. The plan is a change of lifestyle and not just a quick fix, it aims to get you eating a healthy breakfast and a healthy dinner but the important part is the lunchbox grazing throughout the day.

Im starting this diet tomorrow, and im going to kick this mofo'in lard right in the saturated fat goolies and give it a million %.

WHOS WITH ME!!

(please someone do it with me! lol)

I'd love someone to buddy with and share lunchbox ideas. Im vegetarian and I have about 45lb to lose.

Change of plan, i'll be starting Monday. OH has my bankcard so I cant go shopping lol. Still looking for a buddie(s) though!

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins

Hi!! I noticed your post on fb and I'm about to google the lunchbox diet now..... Will let you know what I think..... Lol.

Jackie xx

Hey, would love to do the lunchbox diet with you! I left the book in a friend's house, will have it in 2 weeks so can follow the recipes from the book then!:)

In the meantime, I pretty much follow the Lunchbox Diet anyway. I have protein and salad for lunch. It actually looks like a really healthy diet, with an emphasis on exercise and natural food so I am impressed with it.

dietgirl24 - do you eat protein salads every day? im getting quite bored of them, would love to know what else i could do that was low fat and contains a lot of raw veg? wondering if sushi can be done? because it has rice in it, id have to do exercise to make sure i burn off the carbs but i dont see it being a problem. i'll give it a go anyways.

Ive got my next wi tomorrow but im not expecting a loss because ive been eating crap mainly! ive been trying to make good choices, but the salads are interesting me anymore, so ive been filling up on things i shouldnt. we'll find out the damage in the morning I suppose!

How are you guys doing?

Yeah I have a tuna salad everyday..a small can of John West tuna or 3tbsp tuna, lettuce/spinach (I try to have spinach because it has more fibre in it), chopped salad veg (usually celery, tomato, scallion/red onion, quarter pepper). Sometimes I will vary my veg and have a little bit of beetroot, sweetcorn. Herbs are really nice on salads-sometimes I will stick chopped fresh basil in it and a pinch of salt as it goes really with the tomato. I wouldn't use dried basil on salads-its ok when you're cooking but I think fresh is the nicest anyway..:) Also lemon juice and balsalmic vinegar are good just to add a little bit of flavour! Coriander is a nice herb too- I do a nice dressing for stir-frys which is basically 2cm ginger, 2tbsp soy sauce, a wee bit of red chillis (depends how much you like-if you don't like much chilli, don't put in the seeds!), and a squeeze of half a lime. Just put it on hot stir-fry when it's done and it's delicious. Plus some fresh chopped coriander. If you're making stir-fry in the evening, just bring some leftovers into work the next day along with a wee bottle of the dressing. There's different types of lettuce leaves that you can get to vary it up too-little gem lettuce, lollo rosso, rocket.. I sometimes have white cabbage and red cabbage chopped up instead of lettuce-I like it raw too! I'm having steamed cabbage a lg,ot for dinners too as it is really filling, good for fibre, iron, low carb..everything really :)

I find sticking to basically the same food each day is easier to stick to and means I'm less likely to overeat because I'm getting a bit bored with the food. If I don't have the tuna, then I will have a slice of ham/turkey/chicken instead. I'm trying to eat more fish though so today I had bass for lunch with some salad.

Wildtrapeze can you eat fish or you absolutely no meat? Is that not hard on this diet as it kind of emphasises protein? I went on a detox diet for a while and I found it made me eat more carbs, like more wholegrain rice, couscous, pasta as meat was off bounds. I suppose you could have quorn/tofu but would lentils etc not count as a carb on this diet? Just wondering! :)

Yep the carbs are fine if you exercise, I'd just watch the portion size (40g is enough-thats about 3tbsp..lol I weight everything out!!) and stick to wholegrains/brown.

The only thing I wouldn't mind making that I think is a bit of a no-no on this diet is soup! Well, aside from chicken/fish soup. But I prefer veg soup lol!

I usually have porridge for breakfast with some fruit and skimmed milk-usually apple or banana. Going to switch to the berries next week. There's loads of fruit in the house atm though so it feels like a waste buying *more* fruit..sigh! Sometimes have all-bran/weetabix just to get a bit more fibre-is that a total no-no? Cos I know in the book he says just wholegrain bread and eggs or porridge or smoothie for breakfast..

The only "cheats" I really have are extra fruit, baked beans occasionally, brown bread occasionally, ryvita. I do need to up my exercise though-how much exercise are you doing? I keep making up excuses not to do it! oops!

I would like to start the lunchbox diet and have all the materials but am not sure if this is the one for me.

Back