the lurker unlurked - 4th day on Cambridge

M-azing

almost skinny
Hiya,

I'm hanging around for a while now, it's probably polite to introduce myself :)
It's my fourth day now and it's not very hard, except for the evenings. All the food commercials on tv are killing me.... Didn't notice that there were so many until now :D
I love the shakes, hate te soups, except for the hot chilli.Yesterday I discovered that the soup is actually beter if you mix it with a mixer or blender.
We're on liquid for the first 2 weeks, so no bars for us.

I'm a 33 year old working mum from the Netherlands.
We don't have a Cambridge oriented message board and most weightloss-sites are really anti CD, so that's why I ended up here. Lot's of information and support on this forum~!
English is not my native language, I hope you'll forgive my mistakes :D

I want to loose about 15 kilo's, about 33 pounds. I hope this will be a breeze with the CD. My niece lost 17 in 6 weeks and I saw wonderful results with some of our friends, so that's really motivating.
My husband, my partner in crime, has a BMI of about 33, so'll the sachets will be in our kitchen cupboard for the following months.

As I live on the other side of the North Sea I notice some differences in the approach to the CD. We have to have an 'eating week' every fourth week, but not everybody does that, it's a goverment thingie. Also, we don't have the BMI 25 rule, but I'll stick to that, seems like a sensible thing to do.

Pfew, that's quite a story isn't it? I'll stop now ;)

Good luck everyone!

welcome and good luck.xx

welcome...this forum has certainly given me all the support and inspiration i have needed to stay on track x

Good luck babes :hug99:

Hello... welcome to the madhouse! seriously though you'll get so much help & advice on here. Good luck to your hubby too, at least you can encourage each other along the way.

@Gemma: so nice of you to ask!

This is the worst day by far. I thought the third day would be the hardest. I could eat 10 herrings, and I absolutely detest herring :D
My hubster is in the office, it's even harder for him, with all those eating people around him. But he lost 3.6 kilos so far, so he's really motivated.

Together we'll make it, but not without some arguments i fear. We're both a little edgy :)

Hello. I love the Netherlands, a beautiful place. Where exactly do you live?
Keep posting your progress. I hope that I'm going to get a real boost by doing that.

First off let me start by saying: Welcome ! ^.^

""most weightloss-sites are really anti CD, so that's why I ended up here. Lot's of information and support on this forum~!""

I'm Dutch too and THAT is exactly what I noticed too! Forums full of people complaining about how bad CD was and how you'd be ruining your body.. and that they as ''pro's'' in dieting did not understand people making such a (in their eyes) stupid mistake!

I read those forums and really felt bad, it seemed to be something none of the Dutch weightloss people seemed to like CD.

Then I got to this forum and they have a whole section about CD with tips, advice etc. I was thrilled to find this forum as you can imagine ;-)

Best of luck to you and your husband. I know you can do it!

welcome and lots of luck to you and your hubby. I think a lot of the negativity comes from people not understanding the diet, but it's so unhealthy being overweight and if this works for us then who are they to critisize!?

Looking forward to hearing your first weigh in results x

""I think a lot of the negativity comes from people not understanding the diet, but it's so unhealthy being overweight and if this works for us then who are they to critisize!?""

Yep, I think so. Because my mum was unsure about me doing this diet.. she said it was so extreme etc. But she came with me to the CDC and now she's doing the diet too. :) There's a lot of info about the diet you can't find on the web..

Sadly, not all those pessimistic people believe you when you explain it being totally safe etc, they're like: bwaha. right. no way.

So.. some people just don't get it :) They'll be crying when we lose weight faster than them! :D

@Angela: We live in Amsterdam :D

@Lostris: they're all Sonja Bakker-cultists ;)
(Sonja Bakker is a very popular (and very rich) diet guru here in the Netherlands, the phrase 'sonjabakkeren' is even in our dictionary.)
Unfortunately, all the people I know who did her diet ended up bigger than they were before.

I was so glad when I found this board, a place to share our experiences. I know some people who had really great results with CB, but stories and tips here are really motivating.
At the moment, I'm really hungry though :D

""@Lostris: they're all Sonja Bakker-cultists ;)
(Sonja Bakker is a very popular (and very rich) diet guru here in the Netherlands, the phrase 'sonjabakkeren' is even in our dictionary.)""

HAHHAHA! Yea :D They are !! We will still beat them in weightloss without having to do weird complex 'Sonjabakker'-things :)) She's slowly losing her popularity again though, her books aren't on the ''best'' shelves in stores anymore ;-)

Edit, whoops:

About the hungriness, it goes away. When you get into ketosis you won't feel hungry anymore! Stick with it and you'll be fine :D

We're in ketosis since yesterday, can't stand each other's breaths :D

our sixth day today and I just finished my second shake. I felt really dizzy, almosted fainted I think. But that's my own fault, because I went exercizing (it's a group get in shape-thingie) and you're not supposed to do that the first two weeks...

My husband cheated this afternoon, he ate a herring. He wanted to eat so badly and we supposed that something 'ketosisproof' would be the best option. He feels like a million dollars right now, and this morning he was mr. Grumpy himself, so I suppose it's for the best.
I think 450 calories is not enough for such a big guy, how do other men do that?

Back